What's new

China Squashes Attempted Tunisia-Style Revolt the JASMINE REVOLUTION

Without material richness that supports the kind of institution, rule of law is like "a cake drawn on paper". Democracy in any poor countries will see no one respect the law since there is no material support for jurisdiction and law enforcement.

This is why initially people of US had limited democracy instead of universal democracy when it was weak and Native Indians outnumbered the Whites.

Industrialization is a precursor of wealth.

Qin dynasty is a rule of law. It without material richness.

bandhura kanjana kootilanenkilum bandhanam bandhanam tanee paril.
translation:
In this world, even in a golden cage, lack of freedom is lack of freedom
not great philosopher like confusious ,but a simple poet from kerala who sang this during british rule. British gave us rails roads,postal service. All in all better life. But we wanted freedom, the way we need to do we do. it could be good or bad.

I wish ur cage reaches to heavens. But remember cage is a cage... We can only sing to you from outside. You have to fly out on ur own. For the cage is so strong and we are poor birds who cant afford to flip their wing...

In a real, civilized society, nobody is not constrained in one way or the other. Thus anybody is in a cage. Only in a rambunctious fairytale or a religious world, could a person enjoy unlimited freedom.

On the other side, when cage once reaches the heaven, cage doesn't have any physical meaning.

Prey tell, how could those starved into stunt or driven into graveyard by hunger fly? They simply don't have freedom, not just "lack" freedom, much less to attempt flying "on ur own".

Man must eat to survive, then can he do any social activities.

Qin dynasty is a rule of law. It without material richness.

The dynasty still needed enough material to suppress outlaws in that backward society. When the oppressed arose and outnumbered the rulers, Qin's rule was shattered into dust, because there wasn't enough richness.

In addition, Qin's rule was deeply flawed, because the material richness couldn't afford to enforce a better law.

translation:
not great philosopher like confusious ,but a simple poet from kerala who sang this during british rule. British gave us rails roads,postal service. All in all better life. But we wanted freedom, the way we need to do we do. it could be good or bad.

I wish ur cage reaches to heavens. But remember cage is a cage... We can only sing to you from outside. You have to fly out on ur own. For the cage is so strong and we are poor birds who cant afford to flip their wing...

No offense but if you want to be taken seriously in this forum I suggest you become a little more pragmatic.

Singapore is a island of little freedom, but we are realistic enough to know that our ability to survive in where we are counts on us working as a whole. Chinese people love their country and if some freedom needs to be sacrificed for the country to excel then so be it, even London at one point in history had its darkest days before they emerged to where they are today.

No offense but if you want to be taken seriously in this forum I suggest you become a little more pragmatic.

Singapore is a island of little freedom, but we are realistic enough to know that our ability to survive in where we are counts on us working as a whole. Chinese people love their country and if some freedom needs to be sacrificed for the country to excel then so be it, even London at one point in history had its darkest days before they emerged to where they are today.
pragmatic... :-) I am just a bird brain.

singapore is not a country, it is just a multi national company. A very profitable and well run company.
But we should just work in a company and come back to our home. we cannot live our full life as we are working in an office wearing uniform and saluting boss.
we need to sit at home listen to songs we like , crap about politics the way we like

translation:

Sorry, we Chinese are more realistic people, we rather have a few good full meals for everyday of the week, its not our style to have an empty stormach at bed time and we also enjoy having a decent place like a normal human being do when the call of nature occured. Something like this; Since you were talking about a "golden" cage, Have you ever seen a "golden" toilet before? :lol:
20070707160609990001.jpg

BTW, Do read my signature: "A hungry man is not a Free man" :tup:

Sorry, we Chinese are more realistic people, we rather have a few good full meals for everyday of the week, its not our style to have an empty stormach at bed time and we also enjoy having a decent place like a normal human being do when the call of nature occured. Something like this; Since you were talking about a "golden" cage, Have you ever seen a "golden" toilet before? :lol:
20070707160609990001.jpg

BTW, Do read my signature: "A hungry man is not a Free man" :tup:

Is the freedom value in India different or it is just an execuse to bash China?

have not seen a golden toilet, till u opened ur mouth

some quotes from the same stevenson guy. I was trying to see who this stevenson is and was surprised.

“Communism is the death of the soul. It is the organization of total conformity - in short, of tyranny - and it is committed to making tyranny universal.”
Communism Quotes
“Communism is the corruption of a dream of justice.”
Communism Quotes
Adlai E. Stevenson Quotes - WorldofQuotes

have not seen a golden toilet, till u opened ur mouth

some quotes from the same stevenson guy. I was trying to see who this stevenson is and was surprised.

“Communism is the death of the soul. It is the organization of total conformity - in short, of tyranny - and it is committed to making tyranny universal.”
Communism Quotes
“Communism is the corruption of a dream of justice.”
Communism Quotes
Adlai E. Stevenson Quotes - WorldofQuotes

Communism isn't a bad idea, but people can get corrupt.

Without material richness that supports the kind of institution, rule of law is like "a cake drawn on paper". Democracy in any poor countries will see no one respect the law since there is no material support for jurisdiction and law enforcement.

This is why initially people of US had limited democracy instead of universal democracy when it was weak and Native Indians outnumbered the Whites.

Industrialization is a precursor of wealth.

By law I actually mean order enforcement, not the pantsy rights law.

i sincerely dont know how much freedom is there in china. only had one chinese friend whose view point i know. That was not very good. He had come to usa in 2000s. So may be things are different now. As gandhi said u have freedom to swing ur hands but not hit any one . currently in india every one can do the former and if you have money u can do little bit of the latter also. How is it china?

i sincerely dont know how much freedom is there in china. only had one chinese friend whose view point i know. That was not very good. He had come to usa in 2000s. So may be things are different now. As gandhi said u have freedom to swing ur hands but not hit any one . currently in india every one can do the former and if you have money u can do little bit of the latter also. How is it china?

I think swinging your hands and hitting others is a problem. Especially when the hands are those of corrupt billionaires that can crush millions of poor people like a bug.

pragmatic... :-) I am just a bird brain.

singapore is not a country, it is just a multi national company. A very profitable and well run company.
But we should just work in a company and come back to our home. we cannot live our full life as we are working in an office wearing uniform and saluting boss.
we need to sit at home listen to songs we like , crap about politics the way we lik
e

Simple example, I just returned from Indonesia a place where there 40 politic parties which vies for power, total freedom of things with tabloids and freedom of press etc etc. The government is quite shoddy and corrupt which resulted in a large number of poor people that roam the streets for shelter and food, even if one had money buying a nice car would still mean that it would be subjected to the potholes, traffic snarls or even some homeless dude smashing off your side mirrors for a quick buck.

So say as you may but I know the benefits I enjoy which makes us comfortable. Btw I got 2 India based friend (my ex Wipro Staff) asking me how to relocate to Singapore, 1 even wants Residency and thats after they worked in Singapore for 1 month. So this is not the same opinion everyone shares with you.

Is that right? thats really sad for your friend but what about the freedom of not being label by "caste" before even born according to your wonderful "caste system?
I have a friend in Japan who was a so-called "untouchable" from India told me they were treated like "slaves" in India, he said you will get into danger for just walk near a high caste neigbourhood or drink the same water source with the higher caste people. Is that true? :what:
Btw, i saw a news a while back that a 'untoucable were being punished for feeding a high caste people's dog, they claim she polluted the dog, thats really sad indeed. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom