What's new

China Squashes Attempted Tunisia-Style Revolt the JASMINE REVOLUTION

In China only supreme court can hand out death sentences.
In India.
High and Supreme courts can give out death sentences but high court sentences which involve death sentence are 99.99% challenged in the Supreme court.

In India.
High and Supreme courts can give out death sentences but high court sentences which involve death sentence are 99.99% challenged in the Supreme court.

In China its the other way around. 99.99% are convicted.

where are protestants? hundreds of policemen and journalists from all over the world are waiting for you in the chilling wind...
atleast the organizers of this activities should show up!

Last edited by a moderator:
In China its the other way around. 99.99% are convicted.
I didn't mean they are let off it does to the S.C to decides then the S.C takes a final call.
We work on the principle that a few wrongdoer may escape but not a single innocent must be punished

Not death sentence though.

You can steal up to probably 700 million and still get a life sentence, as long as it didn't kill anyone or involve foreign spies.

Yeah I suppose.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

I didn't mean they are let off it does to the S.C to decides then the S.C takes a final call.
We work on the principle that a few wrongdoer may escape but not a single innocent must be punished

We work on the principle that no wrongdoers may escape even if a few innocents are punished.

Exam s at 2 so let me join again..
In india judicial system is something like this
2 nd class judicial magistrate -1 yr imprissonment and 5000 rs fine
1 st class Judicial magistrate -3 yr imprisonment and 10000 rs fine
chief judicial magistrate- 7 yrs imprisonment and any amount fine..
additional/assistant sessions court- max 10 yrs imprissonment and any amount fine
sessions court can hand out death penalty..But it should be reviewed by high court..
Supreme court/high court apealate courts for criminal cases but for civil cases both apelate and original cases..

As for death penalty in my opinion its useless as the one who commits the mistake is dead and his family is the one who will have the mental agony..
Life imprissonment as max punishment should suffice as the person who commited the mistake should have self realisation of what he has done and must repent for his actions..

We work on the principle that no wrongdoers may escape even if a few innocents are punished.
Democracy does not allow some to be sacrificed for the sake of the rest of the people.

Yeah I suppose.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

we go by the saying that even if 100 culprits escape an innocent must never be punised..

Exam s at 2 so let me join again..
In india judicial system is something like this
2 nd class judicial magistrate -1 yr imprissonment and 5000 rs fine
1 st class Judicial magistrate -3 yr imprisonment and 10000 rs fine
chief judicial magistrate- 7 yrs imprisonment and any amount fine..
additional/assistant sessions court- max 10 yrs imprissonment and any amount fine
sessions court can hand out death penalty..But it should be reviewed by high court..
Supreme court/high court apealate courts for criminal cases but for civil cases both apelate and original cases..

As for death penalty in my opinion its useless as the one who commits the mistake is dead and his family is the one who will have the mental agony..
Life imprissonment as max punishment should suffice as the person who commited the mistake should have self realisation of what he has done and must repent for his actions..

we don't feel like wasting money keeping someone alive who does not deserve it.

we go by the saying that even if 100 culprits escape an innocent must never be punised..

Innocents are not punished by the court perhaps but that will more than made up for by the culprits escaping and hurting other innocents.

Forgiveness and value for human life is a basic human nature..

Democracy does not allow some to be sacrificed for the sake of the rest of the people.

Its not democracy. America convicts the most criminals to jail and carries out executions only behind China. Many have been wrongly convicted and let out after years in Jail.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Forgiveness and value for human life is a basic human nature..

I do not forgive those who deliberately harm others for their own gain.

well i think its a cultural deference..
There is a saying 'grown up tree never bends'
So i feel i am right you feel you are right and both of us are not ready to accept anything other than our views..
so i end my side of discussion here..Thank you every one for this discussion..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom