What's new

China spent 482.5 billion yuan in national defense in 2009

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
China's expenditure on national defense in 2009 reached 482.5 billion yuan ($70.83 billion), exceeding the previously set budget to 102.2 percent, Chinese Finance Minister Xie Xuren said in a report Wednesday.

According to him, the total expenditure of the central government in 2009 was 4.38 trillion yuan. Of this amount, spendings on education accounted for 56.76 billion yuan, 91.1 percent of the budget. The expenditure on social security and employment was of 45.44 billion yuan, and spendings on the low-income housing program 2.64 billion yuan.

Spendings on culture, sports and media reached 15.48 billion yuan; science and technology cost the government 143.38 billion yuan; public safety took 84.58 billion yuan and diplomacy-related, 24.97 billion yuan.

China spent 482.5 billion yuan in national defense in 2009

Huge task modernising her armed forces. Especially since they are huge and lot of areas need to be covered. I don't think China is overspending on her armed forces at all. Infact it is somewhat inadequate, but have to keep it proportional to national economy

I am not fell so lucky about that.

Heavy corruptions always troubled China armed force.

how many percentage of the bill can be used in right way, right place?

well hope to see chinese economy grows qith rockey high speeds

I am not fell so lucky about that.

Heavy corruptions always troubled China armed force.

how many percentage of the bill can be used in right way, right place?

I think that more of it percentage wise is going to the right places judging from the stuff they field as opposed to spendings by civilian governments (what with corrupt officials). Is that a reasonable assumption?

Back
Top Bottom