What's new

PLA budget to increase to US$130.6 billion

Wrong. NK is a failed country because they government doesn't care about their economy at all. China is a successful country because they fought hard to increase their economy capability to today level. There was no difference between China and NK before 1980. No one can deny that China military prowess today can only be achieve because of their economy. Without that, you will still be part of their human wave soldiers with poor AK-47 who fight without the support of high tech war machines; if they ever go war against another country again.

precisely, one only needs to look at SK and NK. SK focused on the economy, having invested in the economy, now they operate some of the best destroyers in the world, has a large modern air fleet and a very modern army. they can outgun the north Koreans in every area. it is inconceivable that NK could overrun SK today(even without american help), at best the north koreans could gain some initial success through a surprised attack. the only advantage NK has is that it has more men in arms but no gas to get them anywhere, if they weren't right next to each other Nk wouldn't even pose a threat to SK which can, through air power and naval power, threaten NK even if the countries were separated by a sea.

now bolo says that korea is a small country and thus different from china, and yet we see that a small south korea can operate such a large fleet and because of their developed economy they can even compete with a much larger japan. imagine what a fully economically developed china, with a fully intact MIC(which SK lacks) could field. and we havent even begun to look at the difference in the lives of the average person in the two koreas. i think we all know which one we all rather live in.

so your are saying you want to help the japanese militarize?

All Chinese dynasties fell because of failure from within allowing exterior powers to take advantage

i see you care alot about what india thinks, which is odd, which do you crave their approval so much?
and china has more than enough nukes, its the delivery systems that are to be worked on. and they are being worked on.

correct, but thats what makes the world run. no one is gonna work for free.

hence the need to work on the economy is more urgent than the military. and current spending clearly reflects that

The funny thing is you guys will never drive the Americans influence from pacific region with your thinking. I don't feel like rebutting your comments as it will not change anyone's mind.

The funny thing is you guys will never drive the Americans influence from pacific region with your thinking. I don't feel like rebutting your comments as it will not change anyone's mind.

and your thinking will only drive the americans to hole up in asia even more. and you'll cause alot of deaths to boot, not to mention drive down the standard of living for a lot of people. clearly you care nothing for the lives of ordinary chinese.

and you dont feel like rebutting? more like you got no rebuttals

precisely, one only needs to look at SK and NK. SK focused on the economy, having invested in the economy, now they operate some of the best destroyers in the world, has a large modern air fleet and a very modern army. they can outgun the north Koreans in every area. it is inconceivable that NK could overrun SK today(even without american help), at best the north koreans could gain some initial success through a surprised attack. the only advantage NK has is that it has more men in arms but no gas to get them anywhere, if they weren't right next to each other Nk wouldn't even pose a threat to SK which can, through air power and naval power, threaten NK even if the countries were separated by a sea.

now bolo says that korea is a small country and thus different from china, and yet we see that a small south korea can operate such a large fleet and because of their developed economy they can even compete with a much larger japan. imagine what a fully economically developed china, with a fully intact MIC(which SK lacks) could field. and we havent even begun to look at the difference in the lives of the average person in the two koreas. i think we all know which one we all rather live in.
Sk is still under the US umbrella. Who gave them the tech? SK has very little resources like japan and without outside help both Koreas cannot withstand a prolonged war. Without importing food, they would starve like Nk.

Sk is still under the US umbrella. Who gave them the tech? SK has very little resources like japan and without outside help both Koreas cannot withstand a prolonged war. Without importing food, they would starve like Nk.

i already said SK does not have a intact MIC like china has.

and guess what? who pays for that imported food? who pays for that imported technology?
the US certainly didnt just give it to them for free. the fact on the ground is, NK focused on the military and is now starving, with a weak military and surviving solely because of china. SK focused on the economy, and is now wealthy, fed well and has a relatively strong military for its size

and your thinking will only drive the americans to hole up in asia even more. and you'll cause alot of deaths to boot, not to mention drive down the standard of living for a lot of people. clearly you care nothing for the lives of ordinary chinese.

and you dont feel like rebutting? more like you got no rebuttals

You clearly have very little understanding of how things work in real life. Let me give you some examples.
1. How come US can print unlimited amt of money and their dollar does not depreciate?
2. How come when Japan printed money, their Yen devalued?
3. US monetize its own debt to the tune of $80b/month. In two months that's bigger than China's entire military budget. china can never do keep printing unlimited money unless they want the yuan to depreciate lower than the Yen.
You and your other Chinese members can brag how you will surpass US economy in 20120 but so what? if your GDP is $15 trillion/year your per capita GDP will be $11,500 which is still not good.

I know you are saying time is on your side and eventually your military will be bigger and more advance than the US. I say keep dreaming with $130/b military budget per year. You guys assume the US will just suddenly stop and and not put money in their military?

The former Soviet Union was dissolved and lost a lot of territories they used to control. Yeah, their economy went to the shit hole, blah, blah...but guess what? Their military is still number 2 in the world.

China has been playing the catch up game for decades and will continue to do so. Sure you made some recent breakthrough but you think the US cannot match or surpass what China did?

Until that fantasy becomes reality, expect the US to be in your backyard causng trouble for decades to come.

You clearly have very little understanding of how things work in real life. Let me give you some examples.
1. How come US can print unlimited amt of money and their dollar does not depreciate?
2. How come when Japan printed money, their Yen devalued?
3. US monetize its own debt to the tune of $80b/month. In two months that's bigger than China's entire military budget. china can never do keep printing unlimited money unless they want the yuan to depreciate lower than the Yen.
You and your other Chinese members can brag how you will surpass US economy in 20120 but so what? if your GDP is $15 trillion/year your per capita GDP will be $11,500 which is still not good.

I know you are saying time is on your side and eventually your military will be bigger and more advance than the US. I say keep dreaming with $130/b military budget per year. You guys assume the US will just suddenly stop and and not put money in their military?

The former Soviet Union was dissolved and lost a lot of territories they used to control. Yeah, their economy went to the shit hole, blah, blah...but guess what? Their military is still number 2 in the world.

China has been playing the catch up game for decades and will continue to do so. Sure you made some recent breakthrough but you think the US cannot match or surpass what China did?

Until that fantasy becomes reality, expect the US to be in your backyard causng trouble for decades to come.

Right, China is still catching up to US, but US is more scared of China. Remember that China doesn't give s shit at the doggy friends of US...

Right, China is still catching up to US, but US is more scared of China. Remember that China doesn't give s shit at the doggy friends of US...

US is not scared of China. US media and right wing bitch about the rise of China as a way to increase more military spending. How can you catch up to someone's military when they outspend you every year?

US is not scared of China. US media and right wing bitch about the rise of China as a way to increase more military spending. How can you catch up to someone's military when they outspend you every year?

The US military budget is not increasing but China's is to the tune of 10% every year.

It will catch up and surpass the US in due course.

Back
Top Bottom