What's new

China Space Military:Recon, Satcom, Navi, ASAT/BMD, Orbital Vehicle, SLV, etc.

any new pictures ?

apart from the above postings, there are a number of posts #231, 232, 233, 238, 271, 273 that covered our heavy lift rockets.

We are not there yet to claim a super power in space!

The basic version and the extensive version of the futur chinese space station, and the cargo ship, presented by the chief engineer of launch base system of chinese manned space program.

012ubw.jpg

013ui.jpg

014wqb.jpg

Henri K.

is our space program going to be working with other nations? Like our space station, is that going to allow other people to use it as well or is it Chinese only.

I feel the space program is a good place for nations to come together and forge better understanding of each other.

is our space program going to be working with other nations? Like our space station, is that going to allow other people to use it as well or is it Chinese only.

I feel the space program is a good place for nations to come together and forge better understanding of each other.

I would strongly second your thinking - Including more nations and programs will not only foster better understanding and buy in, it will also enrich the program by bringing in other ways of thinking and different technologies.

I heard from Chinese forum that the YF-330(YF-660) is no more. A decision has been taken to go with YF-500 instead.

q7.gif

China Aerospace - 10th Shenzhou spacecraft to be launched before mid-June

China Aerospace - Meteorological work entered a critical task coverage period to support Shenzhou-10 launch mission

Henri K.

Last edited by a moderator:
416846.jpg

She is ready!
王亚平 Wang Yaping - Our second Female Taikonaut

I read somewhere that the moon rover that China intends to deploy later this year hopefully, is nuclear powered and it can last for around 30 years. Is that correct?

I read somewhere that the moon rover that China intends to deploy later this year hopefully, is nuclear powered and it can last for around 30 years. Is that correct?

nuclear, yes. After the US and Russia. 30 years, yes, but I don't think it will last there for 30 years even if the power is good.

This is just a probe mission not even a bring samples back mission. That will come later.

So it's a step forward, but it's all in preparation for the moon landing that will eventually take place.

nuclear, yes. After the US and Russia. 30 years, yes, but I don't think it will last there for 30 years even if the power is good.

This is just a probe mission not even a bring samples back mission. That will come later.

So it's a step forward, but it's all in preparation for the moon landing that will eventually take place.

True. A great achievement if the mission is successful. It will give China the ability to land on another world. Even the 20-nation strong European Space Agency has not achieved this so far.

Another momentous target for our aerospace scientists is to have our moon rover soft-landing on the moon and may do some scientific data collection and remote manouvering later this year:

今年中国航天的另一个重头戏是嫦娥三号完成月球之旅。张柏楠说,同嫦娥一号和嫦娥二号相比,嫦娥三号在技术和任务上都有很大变化。这是实现登月技术三个步骤“绕、落、回”中第二步的关键。他表示,如果完成了嫦娥系列三步骤的研制和试验,再加上载人航天技术的发展,从技术能力讲,我们将具备载人登月的能力。

gb.cri.cn

Another highlight of this year, China's space is Chang E III completed trip to the moon. Zhang Bonan said, with Chang-e One and Chang-e II compared to Chang E III missions on both the technical and great changes. This is achieved lunar landing technology three steps "orbiting, landing, returning" in the second step the key. He said that if the Chang-e series of three steps to complete the development and testing, together with the development of manned space technology, from the technical ability to speak, we will have a manned lunar landing capability.

google translation

China's moon rover to use domestic nuclear battery

China.org.cn, August 13, 2012

00016c8b5de01192950c10.jpg

China's moon rover seen in a Zhuhai aviation and aerospace exhibition. [File photo]

A Chinese nuclear battery will power the country's first moon rover after it lands on the lunar surface next year, Shanghai Daily reported.

The rover is expected to reach the moon on board Chang'e-3, China's third lunar probe, to carry out exploration activities.

Using plutonium-238, the battery will be able to power the 100-kilogram vehicle for more than 30 years, said Ouyang Ziyuan, chief scientist of China's lunar exploration program.

"The nuclear power system will make China the third country apart from the United States and Russia to be able to apply nuclear technology to space exploration," Ouyang said.

The moon rover is China's most advanced robot with complete automatic navigation and operations. It will be powered by the sun during daytime and by nuclear power during the night.

A lunar night lasts for 14 days with temperatures reaching below minus 100 degrees Celsius. The battery will be the only source of energy during that time and will prevent the equipment from freezing. An expandable solar panel will absorb the sun's energy during the day.

Chang'e-3 will be launched at the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China's Sichuan province in 2013.

China launched Chang'e-1 in 2007 and Chang'e-2 in 2010. The first probe retrieved a great deal of scientific data and a complete map of the moon while the second created a full higher-resolution map of the moon.

Ouyang said the rover and the Chang'e-3 would stay on the moon until the Chang'e-5 probe arrived to take samples and the rover back to the Earth.

He said China was currently working on the Chang'e-5 as well as a new Long March-5 rocket to carry the probe.

Back
Top Bottom