What's new

China Space Military:Recon, Satcom, Navi, ASAT/BMD, Orbital Vehicle, SLV, etc.

scientifically, it's great yes. But it really is a specialized or niche kind of application. Probably some enuthiasts like you said might find it good to have. I think commercial airline pilots might find it useful. But this probably isn't a mass market product.

I am not sure about the pricing. But, if the pricing is reasonable (I doubt it), then people will be interested. Otherwise, as you say, only rich enthusiast will be interested. I personally like multi-function digital watches. But, based on my student-researcher income, I would not like to spend more than a nice middle-class Casio watch.

For Beidou Watch, will have to wait for the price range.

@Tiqiu , any info about the price?

scientifically, it's great yes. But it really is a specialized or niche kind of application. Probably some enuthiasts like you said might find it good to have. I think commercial airline pilots might find it useful. But this probably isn't a mass market product.
High Accuracy clocks such as DCD Cesium Clocks are used in nuclear weapons as well by Telecom operators to synchronize events.

I am not sure about the pricing. But, if the pricing is reasonable (I doubt it), then people will be interested. Otherwise, as you say, only rich enthusiast will be interested. I personally like multi-function digital watches. But, based on my student-researcher income, I would not like to spend more than a nice middle-class Casio watch.

For Beidou Watch, will have to wait for the price range.

@Tiqiu , any info about the price?
I am also interested to find out its price from other Chinese members too. I don't think it will be very expensive, as it is said the chip used by this watch only costs 12 yuan.

I don't understand this (and similar 'accuracy' concepts). And watch that clocks to a second's accuracy is usually enough for the mass market. More than it is usually of academic interest.

That's between the accuracy between GPS and Quartz

A normal Quartz watch, which you can find in the market mostly, are made up of Quartz (Which is a Silicon Oxide Compound) which vibrate a specific time a second when it was electrified, by putting a Quartz in circuit, you can measure how many time it vibrate and tells how many second have passed. A quartz vibrate ~37,000 times a second, so when the counter counts the quartz vibrate 37,000 times, that means 1 second have passed.

However, Quartz is generally accurate up to a point, it largely depends on the conductivities of quartz, which means a lot of different factors can affect the accuracy. from weather, how well made your circuit to the sensor of the counter, they all affect the counting or calculating of time. Hence no 2 watch actually tells the same time.

While GPS watches uses the GPS to triangulate your exact position using 3 or 4 satellites. Once your position is picked up by the GPS, the computer in the GPS system can calculate your exact position in respect to the earth and since GPS track the earth as it spin and again earth only spin at a certain speed. You can pick up the time that way. And since this is a more mathematical interpretation than mechanical watches. They are generally more accurate than quartz watches.

Aircraft can already pick up GPS clock when they are connected to the GPS system. Pilot usually sync their time with your flight computer (Which is tuned to GPS) before they depart.

Yes he us and careful you should be. he does have a few watches in his collection already. :P

I am unlucky in more ways than you can think. My love for watches really began when Swatch Group (Omega, Tissot, Rado, Longines) was my client. I asked them for discount and they gave this underpaid agency guy royal 5% off. I recently asked how much Rolex cost, at 6 lakh for the unit I referred to, wo bhi haath nahi ayega :cry:

I am also interested to find out its price from other Chinese members too. I don't think it will be very expensive, as it is said the chip used by this watch only costs 12 yuan.

I also believe it won't be too expensive, hence, there is a chance for mass-marketization. This is probably to ensure fast commercialization of Beidou Navigation System in China, in the region and across the world.

China Promises Homegrown Satellite Navigation System "Reliable, Safe and Free"
2016-06-16

China's homegrown navigation system, the BeiDou Navigation Satellite System (BDS), will provide continuous, stable and reliable open services to users "free of charge", said a government report on Thursday.

Currently, B1I and B2I open service signals are being broadcast by the operating BDS-2 to provide open services to the Asia-Pacific region free of charge, said a white paper on the BDS issued by the State Council Information Office.

The services cover an area between 55 degrees north latitude and 55 degrees south latitude, and between 55 and 180 degrees east longitude, with positioning accuracy less than 10 meters, velocity measurement accuracy less than 0.2 meter per second, and timing accuracy less than 50 nanoseconds.

By 2020, the BDS is expected to serve global users and it will "provide open satellite navigation services free of charge," according to the report.

The country will publish BDS documents related to open services and signals to facilitate global BDS product development efforts, the report said.

It will also work to protect the radio-navigation satellite frequency spectrum according to law and firmly reject harmful interference.

China prohibits the production, sale and use of illegal interference devices, investigates and punishes in accordance with the law any hostile interference actions which affect the system operations and services, the report said.

With this Chinese Beidou Space Time Watch already available on the market, who is going to buy those Swiss watches any more?

BDTH offers:
High accuracy: 50 ns( 0.00000005 second)
Global positioning
Global navigation
Memorizing 100 passing locations
Direct reception from Beisou satellites

View attachment 310830

how beidou sats keep their own clocks in time?
GPS isnt the magic wand, as I know

how beidou sats keep their own clocks in time?
GPS isnt the magic wand, as I know
Then you should know something called "rubidium atomic clock"
8.jpg

I also believe it won't be too expensive, hence, there is a chance for mass-marketization. This is probably to ensure fast commercialization of Beidou Navigation System in China, in the region and across the world.
China Beidou already used China indigenously-made 40 nanometer chips which only costs 10 yuan, before a foreign imported one would cost several thousands yuan.

Watch from 3:12

Then you should know something called "rubidium atomic clock"
View attachment 311411

China Beidou already used China indigenously-made 40 nanometer chips which only costs 10 yuan, before a foreign imported one would cost several thousands yuan.

Watch from 3:12

Excellent! Navigation is an industry by itself and there is potential billions of revenue in it. It would be indeed foolish to leave this very critical sector in the hands of foreigners.

Love China's domestication drive from the start of the PRC.

China's new launch center plans viewing areas for observation of maiden mission
Source: Xinhua 2016-06-19 13:39:14

WENCHANG, Hainan, June 19 (Xinhua) -- China's fourth space launch center at Wenchang in Hainan Province, plans eight launch viewing areas for space fans to observe its maiden launch mission.

Components of China's new generation of carrier rocket Long March-7 arrived in Wenchang in May for the planned launch before the end of June.

The Long March-7, a medium-sized rocket using liquid propellant, can carry up to 13.5 tonnes to low Earth orbit. It will transport cargo for China's planned space station and is expected to become the main carrier for space launches.

The Wenchang tourism department said that the city can only provide accommodation for 80,000 tourists and suggested tourists avoid the maiden launch, as there will be more space launches afterwards. By Sunday, all hotels were booked out.

The construction of the Wenchang satellite launch center, which has two launch pads, started in 2009 and was completed in November 2014.

The sea-side resort city boasts both mountain and seaside scenery for spectacular space launch views.

Xue Xiangwen, head of the city's tourist board, said the eight observation areas covering 45 hectares in total can receive a maximum of 25,300 people at a time.

He advised observers to mind safety first. "In cases of abnormal sea conditions or slippery roads, the viewing stations will be closed," he said.

China's new launch center plans viewing areas for observation of maiden mission
Source: Xinhua 2016-06-19 13:39:14

WENCHANG, Hainan, June 19 (Xinhua) -- China's fourth space launch center at Wenchang in Hainan Province, plans eight launch viewing areas for space fans to observe its maiden launch mission.

Components of China's new generation of carrier rocket Long March-7 arrived in Wenchang in May for the planned launch before the end of June.

The Long March-7, a medium-sized rocket using liquid propellant, can carry up to 13.5 tonnes to low Earth orbit. It will transport cargo for China's planned space station and is expected to become the main carrier for space launches.

The Wenchang tourism department said that the city can only provide accommodation for 80,000 tourists and suggested tourists avoid the maiden launch, as there will be more space launches afterwards. By Sunday, all hotels were booked out.

The construction of the Wenchang satellite launch center, which has two launch pads, started in 2009 and was completed in November 2014.

The sea-side resort city boasts both mountain and seaside scenery for spectacular space launch views.

Xue Xiangwen, head of the city's tourist board, said the eight observation areas covering 45 hectares in total can receive a maximum of 25,300 people at a time.

He advised observers to mind safety first. "In cases of abnormal sea conditions or slippery roads, the viewing stations will be closed," he said.
Given the huge tourist crowd. I can bet half expenditure can be covered by space tourism spending.

Back
Top Bottom