Status
Not open for further replies.

atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
01-640x360.jpg

hina has lashed out at Turkey for offering shelter to roughly 200 Uighurs from the western Chinese region of Xinjiang who were rescued from a human-smuggling camp in Thailand.

Thai police found the group in March and Chinese officials identified “dozens” of them as Uighurs, a Muslim people from Xinjiang who speak a Turkic language. Many Uighurs chafe at government curbs on their culture and religion.

Turkey’s state-run Anadolu news agency on Nov. 26 reported a request by Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu for Thailand to send the Uighurs there, a move that angered China, which views their move to Thailand as “illegal immigration.”

Turkey asked ‘not to meddle’

Asked for a response on Turkey’s offer, China’s Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said the case was a matter for China and Thailand and “the relevant country” should stop interfering.

“We urge the relevant country to immediately stop meddling in placement work for the relevant case, be cautious with words and actions and not send out mistaken signals that connive in, and even support, illegal immigration activities,” Hua said in a faxed statement to Reuters.

“Illegal immigration activities disrupt the normal orderly flow of people internationally, harm the interests of the international community, and can harm security of the relevant countries and regions,” Hua added.

Small numbers of Uighurs trickling out of China to Southeast Asia are believed to go overland into Laos or Myanmar, before going to Thailand and elsewhere.

Turkey is home to thousands of Uighurs who have fled Xinjiang since the Chinese Communists took over the region in 1949. It has projected itself as a stable Muslim democracy, a key player at a time of turmoil and unrest in the Middle East.

“I brought the issue to the notice of the Thai foreign minister in New York and the Chinese foreign minister in Beijing as well, and told them Turkey wants to shelter those Uighurs,” Anadolu Agency cited Foreign Minister Çavuşoğlu as saying.

In the past two years, hundreds of people have been killed in unrest in Xinjiang, prompting a crackdown by authorities.
Turkey and Russia initial deals to further cultivate trade ties | Economy | Daily Sabah

WTF? What do Chinese think they are? China is meddling in places all over the world through UN. They meddle in Syria and keep the bloodshed going there. They meddle in the business of Thailand and Japan but they want nobody say their opinion about the crimes they are commiting on Muslims? China has been occupying east-Turkistan for 60 years. Stealing their lands and rights and Uighur that are running away with their families are getting accepted in Turkey because if they go back they will get murdered. What is wrong with this? It is every country's responsbility to help these people. IMHO we should help Japan, Thailand, Indonesia to build up their army in case China they continue to show aggression and cross the line we need to be ready.

Last edited:
So called "terrorists".

FILE – A suspected Uighur from China’s troubled far-western region of Xinjiang, holds an infant as they rest inside a temporary shelter on March 14. They were detained at the immigration regional headquarters near Thailand-Malaysia border.

Islam equals to terrorism to Chinese government.

China bans religion in Uighur home

China‘s Xinjiang region (East Turkestan) has banned the practise of religion in government buildings and will fine those who use the Internet to ‘undermine national unity’, in a package of new regulations.

The rules, passed by the standing committee of Xinjiang’s parliament on Friday, stipulate penalties of between 5,000 and 30,000 yuan ($4,884) for individuals who use the Internet, mobile phones or digital publishing to undermine national unity, social stability or incite ethnic hatred.

Equipment used in the offences also can be confiscated, the official Xinhua News Agency reported on Sunday.

The regulations, which come into effect Jan. 1, also prohibit people from distributing and viewing videos about ‘radical’ religious subjects in or outside religious venues, and requires religious leaders to report such activities to the local authorities and police, the China Daily reported at the weekend.

“An increasing number of problems involving religious affairs have emerged in Xinjiang,” said Ma Mingcheng, deputy director of the Xinjiang People’s Congress and director of its legislative affairs committee, according to the Chinese newspaper.

People will not be allowed to practice religion in government offices, public schools, businesses or institutions. Religious activities will have to take place in registered venues, the report said.

They also are prohibited from wearing or forcing others to wear clothes or logos associated with religion, although the types of clothes and logos aren’t specified, the newspaper said.

Xinjiang, home to the Muslim Uighur people, has been beset by violence for years, blamed by the government on “extremists who want an independent state called East Turkestan.”

Rights groups and exiles say the problem is more to do with Beijing‘s harsh restrictions on the Uighur people’s religious and cultural customs and doubt the existence of a cohesive group fighting the government.

Last week, 15 people were killed in the latest bout of unrest in Xinjiang.
China bans religion in Uighur home | East Turkistan Australian Association

Now you see the double standards and hypocrisy of china, it will meddle in others affairs, but wont let anyone interfere in its affairs.
These Chimis even have the guts to tell Japan how much they can spend on their military. What makes them think they can do this?

These Chimis even have the guts to tell Japan how much they can spend on their military. What makes them think they can do this?
Apparently they think so that way, since they think they have upgraded their military hardware enough that others are no match to them.
China keeps on Including every Mongol,Asian looking people into its so called Han race, later they will claim their land since they were han so naturally their land was somehow part of China long time ago.
Thats how they lay claim to others territories and that is why they have border disputes with all its neighbours.

Apparently they think so that way, since they think they have upgraded their military hardware enough that others are no match to them.
China keeps on Including every Mongol,Asian looking people into its so called Han race, later they will claim their land since they were han so naturally their land was somehow part of China long time ago.
Thats how they lay claim to others territories and that is why they have border disputes with all its neighbours.
Which Asian people's lands do they claim?

This proves my friends friend might not be my friend. lol.

We Pakistanis have a perfect relationship with China, so I don't think China is anti muslim in any way. But it is an intricate world of politics. Turkey and Pakistan are friends but Turkey seems closer to Japan and has a dispute with Greece. We have nothing against Greece and have beef with India. It is interesting that we even signed a treaty though where no one came to the others aid during actual war (Cento)

Note: Relationships between nations are a mess.

Which Asian people's lands do they claim?
Every one who looks like Asian/oriental so the whole ASEAN region and south china sea, is theirs according to them.But the other nations dont think they are part of chinese empire.So china always claims they have a boundary dispute with them.
Their logic is "What is mine is mine, but what is yours is negotiable".

Turkey should mind its own business. It can foment civil wars in the sectarian hell hole of middle east and act like a regional super hero, but China is a whole different ball game.

I believe a few years ago there was outrage in Mongolia after the Chinese government claimed Genghis Khan was actually Chinese
:rofl:
You are not wrong on that matter, they claim mongols to be Han and part of their empire.
So naturally it will piss off the Mongolians.

You are not wrong on that matter, they claim mongols to be Han and part of their empire.
So naturally it will piss off the Mongolians.
No, if I remember correctly they claimed the great Khan to be Chinese. :sick:

I believe a few years ago there was outrage in Mongolia after the Chinese government claimed Genghis Khan was actually Chinese
:rofl:
They are crazy. Revisionism of history is their speciality.

This proves my friends friend might not be my friend. lol.

We Pakistanis have a perfect relationship with China, so I don't think China is anti muslim in any way. But it is an intricate world of politics. Turkey and Pakistan are friends but Turkey seems closer to Japan and has a dispute with Greece. We have nothing against Greece and have beef with India. It is interesting that we even signed a treaty though where no one came to the others aid during actual war (Cento)

Note: Relationships between nations are a mess.
Chinese are not definitely pro muslim. As far as i understand, their relation with Pakistan has only one basis, which is the common hatred against india. Nothing more. So if they make peace with them, they will immediately turn their back on Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom