What's new

China says Australia should consider Japan's war history before submarine contract

He does look cute as a cat when he finally showed his face... But I don't think any1 considers him as a pet. More like they finally understood the Japanese psyche, which u never will, unfortunately...
Is understanding the JPNese psyche something desirable ? An honor ? It is a two-way street, pal. It is equally valid that our JPNese friend will never understand the American psyche either, no matter how long he lives and works in the US.

He does look cute as a cat when he finally showed his face... But I don't think any1 considers him as a pet. More like they finally understood the Japanese psyche, which u never will, unfortunately...

Japanese like myself go to America for one sole reason: to learn about them. Not incorporate. The goal is to understand more about them.

I am one of many JSDF officers who studied abroad in America, employed in America for a time, and to have a better understanding of those systems. But out of love of our nation , have returned to Japan with wealth of understanding.

I do not disrespect America and what she stands for, I , like any Japanese Patriot Academic, yearn to understand more about them and the West, and bring it back to Japan and contribute to Japanese Understanding of West Paradigm(s).

I follow in the same footsteps as great men of old. :)

USA-P-Strategy-63.jpg

Is understanding the JPNese psyche something desirable ? An honor ? It is a two-way street, pal. It is equally valid that our JPNese friend will never understand the American psyche either, no matter how long he lives and works in the US.

Of course I do. There is no such thing as an 'American Psyche'. Americans are varied and multitude. Tho understanding the 'White Christian' psyche is important so as to know the majority. The minorities are just that. Minorities.

I follow in the same footsteps as great men of old. :)
Then it is destined that your JPN will relive the same mistakes those 'great men' made.

Of course I do. There is no such thing as an 'American Psyche'. Americans are varied and multitude. Tho understanding the 'White Christian' psyche is important so as to know the majority. The minorities are just that. Minorities.
See...??? You just made a boo-boo and did not even know it.

It is clear @TaiShang that Japan's future truly lies with China. At least with China we have a FULL understanding of the sociology and the historical areas of context we can work on to further improve relations. Then the shear economic interdependency. I feel we know more about China, really, than about the United States. If the Americans can lock their nuclear targets on China so easily, then i assume they can do so easily on Japan if we dare say something "out of line". LOL.

A las, they do not really know Japanese people that well. They believe that because we have remained relatively 'benign' these past 70 years and have 'cooped' to shoulder them means that we have inhibited our Nationalism and Supranationalism context. The foolishness and height of arrogance. To think that they can easily change the minds of the proud Japanese people, whom, tho only a 'tiny island' nation, was able to impart great defeat and embarassment on them and the entire European imperialist establishment in Asia. Actually, so much that Japan's conquest of former European colonies in Asia had destroyed the perceived European or 'White' Invincibility.

After the end of the war, the British Empire, French Empire, Dutch Empire collapsed.

where was this love for PRC when they were communist.
PRC was dirt poor and backwards from it' creation to the 90's, and now it's all love for them.

:close_tema:

oh I see

ba26ee16-a95d-11df-a6f2-00144feabdc0.img

BOJ launches negative rates, already dubbed a failure by markets| Reuters

Japan is a non-factor today.

China,South Korea,and soon Vietnam will be more relevant.

another decade of stagnation.

In simpler language, you have been deceitful to those who have extended their friendships to you.

Its not deceitful. It is called being political. I believe we all must be political in the military, and in academic and professional roles.

By allowing you and others to just a taste of my views , and seeing the kind of responses , perhaps its necessary to keep political. Nonetheless, i am happy to share my true feelings. It gives you and others here of the kinds of direct viewpoints that many Japanese academics tend to sway away from revealing.

And trust me i am really a 'moderate' and my views resonates within moderate Japanese patriots. I am not 'extreme'. Tho there are great many more Japanese academics and even working professionals who live and work in the west with far more 'radical' viewpoints than I.

Tho they will not reveal their feelings openly. And seeing the responses of you and others here, one can understand why they do maintain strategic ambiguity.

:)

It is clear @TaiShang that Japan's future truly lies with China. At least with China we have a FULL understanding of the sociology and the historical areas of context we can work on to further improve relations. Then the shear economic interdependency. I feel we know more about China, really, than about the United States. If the Americans can lock their nuclear targets on China so easily, then i assume they can do so easily on Japan if we dare say something "out of line". LOL.

I think, at the end of the day, racial, cultural and historical ties prevail over conjectural differences -- this is especially so when the real nature of the real opponent is seen more obviously. So, as you have pointed out, the vile comment made on this forum can be taken constructively to further promote our regional unity and relatedness of our fates.

As far as Japan is concerned, in the post-War, we never lost the grip with the reality that Japan was designed not to become a normal state not in order to protect the rest of Asia from Japan, but in fact, to keep the East Asian disintegration a political reality forever.

That strategy has been understood very well especially with recent developments in our region and beyond. Now, we tend to more acutely differentiate between Japan-West (US) relations and Japan-China-Korea relations; seeing that one could be promoted/elevated only at the cost of the other.

And, prudently, we have chosen regional integration. Let's play the game for some more time to come and throw out some conjectural bones for the opponent to gnaw at while we slowly but assuredly build up our own regional capacity. The Pivot, Arab Riots/regime changes, Ukraine/Crimea have provided us with unique opportunity and greater rationale to speed up the build up of a regionalist political and economic discourse.

Let's make full use of them as long as they are available, in our capacity, as intellectuals.

Japanese like myself go to America for one sole reason: to learn about them. Not incorporate. The goal is to understand more about them.

That was exactly the reason why I was there for couple of years. Now I know them to their bone. That's an advantage.

I think, at the end of the day, racial, cultural and historical ties prevail over conjectural differences -- this is especially so when the real nature of the real opponent is seen more obviously. So, as you have pointed out, the vile comment made on this forum can be taken constructively to further promote our regional unity and relatedness of our fates.

As far as Japan is concerned, in the post-War, we never lost the grip with the reality that Japan was designed not to become a normal state not in order to protect the rest of Asia from Japan, but in fact, to keep the East Asian disintegration a political reality forever.

That strategy has been understood very well especially with recent developments in our region and beyond. Now, we tend to more acutely differentiate between Japan-West (US) relations and Japan-China-Korea relations; seeing that one could come only at the cost of the other.

And, prudently, we have chosen regional integration. Let's play the game for some more time to come and throw out some conjectural bones for the enemy to gnaw at while we slowly but assuredly build up our own regional capacity. The Pivot, Arab Riots/regime changes, Ukraine/Crimea have provided us with unique opportunity and greater rationale to speed up the build up of a regionalist political and economic discourse.

Let's make full use of them as long as they are available, in our capacity, as intellectuals.

That was exactly the reason why I was there for couple of years. Now I know them to their bone. That's an advantage.

Eloquently said, my friend. Yes.

I don't dwell on emotional volatility as what you're exuding right now. Just discern on what you've just posted here in this thread, Jhungary.

As i said, i have lost a lot of respect for you.

I post what I post, I did not make up accounts on the go.

Somebody said this to me about 15 years ago, you may not believe it, you may not like it, but that does not mean it does not happens.

I don't post to just so I can stick with anyone, I don't care if you are a Chinese, Japanese, American or whatever, I say what I say, without sugar coating it, without any alternation. Truth as is, again, you like it, meh, you don't like it? meh

If you think it is inappropriate, then what you think of me does not quite matter anyway, as I don't see you as any individual that worth my 2 hoot

Personally? I think it is strange that people would want to rape anyone to begin with. When you can find a girlfriend or boyfriend just about anywhere, and for those who can't, there are always a paid option. If I have to choose between paying 300 bucks and 10 years of hard labor, it would be stupid of me to choose the latter. And I think any sane man will have the same thoughts as me.

This is what I think.

See...??? You just made a boo-boo and did not even know it.

My friend you really do not represent the 'majority' American view. You are a 1st generation Vietnamese-American naturalized citizens' viewpoint. In fact you are South Vietnamese , actually, since you have strong biased views regarding Hanoi and even Ho Chi Minh.

The Vietnamese American viewpoint of the much larger Asian American population, which is relatively miniscule. Your views do not speak for in behalf of the White European American, Christian Population in the United States. Nor does it represent the Black American view point, Latino America et cetera. The point is America is categorized through racial and ethnic epithets that indicates rather unique and amphiphatic experiences that make it impossible to be generalized throughout the nation-specific application context.

I lived in the United States for a while; and have working relationships with various ethnics in the United States; in the military, in academics as well as in industry.

Regards.

Its not deceitful. It is called being political. I believe we all must be political in the military, and in academic and professional roles.
Yes, you were deceitful. You accuse the Americans here of being racists, even after you were a participant of a private conversation where you were shown how much racism is there in the Chinese membership that you now admired. Now you spin yourself as being 'political'.

You said you followed the great JPNese men of old. They were a racist bunch. I guess now we know where you stand regarding other Asians, including the Chinese that you now so admired.

I praised JPN for many things long before you got on here. In fact, I said to my fellow Viets that VN would be wise to take after JPN in many ways in order to be prosperous and free. Unlike you, I will not go back on my words about JPN or the JPNese people in general. But for you in particular, the Americans on this forum now know what you really are no matter how much wordsmithing you want to do for yourself.

Wasn't the main tenders Japan, France, and Germany??

How is Japan any more of an alliance with the US than the other 2??? Would China give the same response if Germany or France won the tender?? "Don't buy from Germany due to their WW2 aggression" (which really means...don't pick Germany due to their close US alliance). I guess France would be the only safe pick (as if we don't have a close alliance with them)

The French were, with all intend and purpose, GONE, rumor has it they want to build them in France, and the aussie say no, it's a 2 horse race now. It was always between German Type 214 and Japanese Soryu Class. Some suggested the Swedish Gotland Class (Which make my wife almost jump up with joy) but were rejected due to the design capacity of Swedish Navy (Which mark one of the darkest day of my life...)

And no, I don't think Chinese have any issue to us if we went for the German Design (or the Spanish design), but for some inexplicable reason, the Chinese have more than once protest to us to not to buy the Japanese Sub for more than one occasion, I think they did protest the deal with it surface in 2014.

On the other hand, the US did protest to the Australian not to buy German Sub, but if I remember correctly, they protest due to some technology dispute. Not because of anything political

China had other concern before talking bullshit like this

Yes, you were deceitful. You accuse the Americans here of being racists, even after you were a participant of a private conversation where you were shown how much racism is there in the Chinese membership that you now admired. Now you spin yourself as being 'political'.

You said you followed the great JPNese men of old. They were a racist bunch. I guess now we know where you stand regarding other Asians, including the Chinese that you now so admired.

I praised JPN for many things long before you got on here. In fact, I said to my fellow Viets that VN would be wise to take after JPN in many ways in order to be prosperous and free. Unlike you, I will not go back on my words about JPN or the JPNese people in general. But for you in particular, the Americans on this forum now know what you really are no matter how much wordsmithing you want to do for yourself.

In fact racism is a real issue in the United States, Gambit. Why do you think that #blacklivesmatter is not real? Do you discount police brutality paradigm and the state departments' own review of such cases throughout the country? Do you refute the comments of Trump and the growing anti-immigrationism and anti-islam, anti-mexican rhetorics in the United States? Surely i can guarantee you and without a doubt from listening and taking part in discussions with students that this is a live paradigm in the qualitative sense of sharing.

Secondly, as for the private discussion, i had noted some members who used the term "J@p" , and requested a review in propagating racism in the board. The fact that you are so insidioulsy trying to spin that around now and use it against me reveals so much about your insipid character.

You know in the past i used to DEFEND you whenever you got into arguments with Chinese members. To the point that i would also be attacked. I remember even calling out @Kiss_of_the_Dragon and also @xunzi out on arguments and to remind them of giving some kind of respect due to your being our senior (in age). As is customary in Japanese, Chinese , Korean and Asian culture to show some respect to our elders.

I have always tried to remain pragmatic , even to the point that it may have even went against some of my own political views.

It appears that you just don't happen to like my views. Simple as that really, oh well. Learn to get used to it.

My friend you really do not represent the 'majority' American view. You are a 1st generation Vietnamese-American naturalized citizens' viewpoint. In fact you are South Vietnamese , actually, since you have strong biased views regarding Hanoi and even Ho Chi Minh.

The Vietnamese American viewpoint of the much larger Asian American population, which is relatively miniscule. Your views do not speak for in behalf of the White European American, Christian Population in the United States. Nor does it represent the Black American view point, Latino America et cetera. The point is America is categorized through racial and ethnic epithets that indicates rather unique and amphiphatic experiences that make it impossible to be generalized throughout the nation-specific application context.

I lived in the United States for a while; and have working relationships with various ethnics in the United States; in the military, in academics as well as in industry.

Regards.
However long you may have lived in the US, I doubt you have either the scope or depth of the interactions to the various ethnic groups you cited. In the military, I gave and took orders to and from all of them, and the military is always representative of the people at large. You do not know the US as well as you think you do. And it looks like you are going to make the same mistakes your ancestors did.

Back
Top Bottom