What's new

China’s J20 Stealth Fighter: Made in America...via Belgrade

Non sequitur. By definition there is never any evidence in a hypothetical case.
Cute. He asked whether there is evidence F-117 could fly to Beijing undetected, not whether it did fly to Beijing undetected.

A description of the technical ability of F-117 to evade Beijing's IADS would be sufficient.

Cute. He asked whether there is evidence F-117 could fly to Beijing undetected, not whether it did fly to Beijing undetected.

A description of the technical ability of F-117 to evade Beijing's IADS would be sufficient.
Sure...The F-117's low radar observability and exploitation of inevitable radar coverage gap.

Sure...The F-117's low radar observability and exploitation of inevitable radar coverage gap.
Single unsupported F-117 trying to navigate gaps in IADS of one of the world's most heavily defended area and flies over Tiananmen Square.....I just got a movie idea to sell to Hollywood.

Excuse me while I work Rambo, oppressed minorities and hot women into that script.

i think this must have happened-
1. end of cold war. us is only superpower. china is feeling insecure.
2. USA uses f 117 to bomb heavily fortified installations in Iraq. f 117 GAAs do their job well without a loss of even one plane.
3. china realizes it must do something. they start j 20 program.
4. Kosovo war. a f117 is shot down. Chinese spies take photos of wreckage.
5. china allots vast funds to j 20 program, studies photos of f 117 wreckage and does improvements in j 20 to make it even more stealthy.
6. 2010- j 20 makes first successful flight.

Single unsupported F-117 trying to navigate gaps in IADS of one of the world's most heavily defended area and flies over Tiananmen Square.....I just got a movie idea to sell to Hollywood.

Excuse me while I work Rambo, oppressed minorities and hot women into that script.
Simply spouting the initials IADS is not going to cut it. The F-117 proved what it could do. That 'IADS' has not. In every air defense net, there will be gaps in coverage and an F-117 can navigate those gaps using passive radar warning detection alone. We have been doing that technique since the Cold War.

a single F-117 flying as standard at night will 100% reach anywhere in China before anyone knows about it.

You do realize that the same can be said that J-20 can probably bomb the White House and kill Obama with no one knowing right?

1.) radar coverage gap 2.) low level flight below radar horizon 3.) supercruise 4.) more stealthy than F-117 5.) US air defenses less dense than Chinese ones.

You do realize that the same can be said that J-20 can probably bomb the White House and kill Obama with no one knowing right?

1.) radar coverage gap 2.) low level flight below radar horizon 3.) supercruise 4.) more stealthy than F-117 5.) US air defenses less dense than Chinese ones.

The F-117 was an operational aircraft, the J-20 will perhaps be able to do the same, in time. Right now, i doubt it has the navigation equipment to actually find its way to the white house.

We used to fly missions on the edges of radar coverage using passive detection with ancient equipment on F4s in pods ..
not even that huge mule of the sky got detected ..
there isn't such a thing as a bullet proof air defence or 100% coverage and the F-117 proved it could do what it was meant to really well.
Right tool for the job

J 20 incorporates both the technical features that the Chinese gt from F-117 & the info sold by the Indian origin spy involved in the B-2 program.Otherwise it is impossible for the Chinese produce a stealth fighter in such a short time.:usflag:

J 20 incorporates both the technical features that the Chinese gt from F-117 & the info sold by the Indian origin spy involved in the B-2 program.Otherwise it is impossible for the Chinese produce a stealth fighter in such a short time.:usflag:
sour Troll.... Mad because J-20 looks mighty impresive againts the T-50

:china:

Simply spouting the initials IADS is not going to cut it. The F-117 proved what it could do. That 'IADS' has not. In every air defense net, there will be gaps in coverage and an F-117 can navigate those gaps using passive radar warning detection alone. We have been doing that technique since the Cold War.
And yet you keep going on and on about the gaps in radar coverage, as if stationary radar stations are the only sensors available. A single F-117, with no other air assets to support it, flying into the heart of China by navigating gaps in radar coverage. I could in theory drive a monster truck into the White House, run inside, and slap the POTUS before anybody reacts.

Possible? Yes.
Bloody likely? Hah.

a single F-117 flying as standard at night will 100% reach anywhere in China before anyone knows about it.
Claims are easily made. I could claim that somebody could crash a plane into the Pentagon, but that would be a fact and not my imagination.

And yet you keep going on and on about the gaps in radar coverage, as if stationary radar stations are the only sensors available.
What else are there that has the reach of a radar?

A single F-117, with no other air assets to support it, flying into the heart of China by navigating gaps in radar coverage. I could in theory drive a monster truck into the White House, run inside, and slap the POTUS before anybody reacts.

Possible? Yes.
Bloody likely? Hah.
You could in theory, but unfortunately, that theory has not been proven, whereas the ability to navigate through radar coverage gaps has been proven before the F-117.

What else are there that has the reach of a radar?

You could in theory, but unfortunately, that theory has not been proven, whereas the ability to navigate through radar coverage gaps has been proven before the F-117.

1. mobile radars?

2. what are you saying? china has the same air defense today as the Serbs in the late 90's, has a F-117 flown against a hq-9? or s-300pmu2

Back
Top Bottom