What's new

China resumes talks with Russia on Su-35 purchase

I wouldn't get too bothered about the Copy-cat tag if I was you mate. Anybody with even an inkling of military history knows that all countries steal and copy the most advanced technology they can obtain. China has had to play catch up for decades and copying Russian designs is the quickest and most accessible way to get a foothold into the military aviation building business. Reverse engineering of things like jet fighters is actually a very difficult and laborious process and requires significant investment in a country's core sciences, such as material science, aerodynamics, propulsion, avionic electronics, radar, guidance, sensor technology, modular construction, etc. China having implemented these core manufacturing and research capabilities into practice are now amongst elite military countries with the technical proficiency to build the most advanced jet fighters.

FWIW, the J-20 and J-31, though derived from F-22 and F-35 show their own Chinese design influence and looking at new aircraft concepts shown at the Zhuhai airshow, China are starting to flex their design muscles and will build upon what they have already learned. Military innovation has nothing to do with some Western mojo that dictates that only the West and Russia can make great technologically advanced weapons systems. All it takes is a lot of investment from a economically successful nation, with good management, and finding the right talent and providing said talent with the facilities and resources to do their work. If people are banking on China to fail because they will reach a creative ceiling, I think they will find themselves being consistently disappointed in the coming decades. If anything can be learned from China's rise is that instead of whining and begrudging their backwards position in the World, they knuckled down and worked their a*ses off to get to where they are now.

JUST BECAUSE A STUDENT IS COPYING A TOPPER DOESN"T MAKE HIM THE TOPPER !!! He may pass all tests.. thats it and maybe boast also among his friends a bit.. but we will tame any big mouth PERIOD !!

It is already developed and serial production started.

If you are gonna feed the missile with something you are not anymore in passive mode. And most of Russian missiles have datalinks.

Both not correct, but I already explained it. To sum it up:

Advantages Su 35 = high speed, high ceilling, long range radar detection, internal fuel only, higher weapon load, unit cost
Advantages Rafale = passive detection capability, technology in gerneral is at least a half generation ahead, weapon package, lower maintenance, higher reliability
More or less equal = maneuverability, RCS in loaded config, Supercruise capability

Shows once more how complementing our MKIs and Rafale will be in IAF!

Both not correct, but I already explained it. To sum it up:

Dont know why you keep saying black is white.

missiles.ru :: -2011 - - -

In anticipation of the MAKS-2011 in an interview with "MIC" Obnosov said: "Work on the long-range missile is on schedule, and the end of the year, I hope we will complete the test. Now it is preparing for mass production, we are conducting this work for two year, this is a serious product, competitors who either in the country or in the world do not have. "At a press conference during the MAKS-2011 corporate executives confirmed earlier said: "This year we will complete the state tests. It (missile) does fly and shoots everything already put in the serial production."

Here are standard Russian legacy long range missiles.

R-27 from 1980s
R-27 (air-to-air missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.ausairpower.net/SP/DT-Missile-Survey-May-05.pdf
In terms of seekers, the baseline
semi-active radar guided variants are equipped with a 9B-1101K seeker, these being the short burn R-
27R1 credited with 43 NMI range, and the long burn R-27ER1 credited with 70 NMI range. These employ
midcourse datalink support, but require terminal illumination.

R-77 from 1990s
R-77 (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Guidance system Inertial with mid-course update and terminal active radar homing

JUST BECAUSE A STUDENT IS COPYING A TOPPER DOESN"T MAKE HIM THE TOPPER !!! He may pass all tests.. thats it and maybe boast also among his friends a bit.. but we will tame any big mouth PERIOD !!

Nobody is saying the student has surpassed his teacher. What I'm saying is that the student has learned his lessons well and has graduated and can talk to his teacher as a peer.

It would be good for Asia and the World if India can rise to the challenge too, and become an independent military power. I believe India can one day achieve this feat but talking the talk and not walking the walk will never get India there. If India don't admit to their underlying weaknesses (Governmental beaurocracy, corruption, nepotism, infrastructure, manufacturing, education, public sanitation, etc.) that keep their economy down and its people still living mostly in poverty, then India will remain developmentally challenged. Only when India can keep their people happy, healthy and well fed, and provide high-level education to everyone, then India can start to compete on the economic front and in turn on the military front. A strong economy naturally leads to a strong military.

India's current modus operandi of procuring expensive military hardware from foreign countries will always leave India weak and vulnerable to the actions of other countries. India should aim to make every last nut and bolt in their own country and be reliant on nobody for its own security. If India can achieve this then it would be better for the World as a Indian superpower will balance the other superpowers and ensure greater global stability.

Nobody is saying the student has surpassed his teacher. What I'm saying is that the student has learned his lessons well and has graduated and can talk to his teacher as a peer.

It would be good for Asia and the World if India can rise to the challenge too, and become an independent military power. I believe India can one day achieve this feat but talking the talk and not walking the walk will never get India there. If India don't admit to their underlying weaknesses (Governmental beaurocracy, corruption, nepotism, infrastructure, manufacturing, education, public sanitation, etc.) that keep their economy down and its people still living mostly in poverty, then India will remain developmentally challenged. Only when India can keep their people happy, healthy and well fed, and provide high-level education to everyone, then India can start to compete on the economic front and in turn on the military front. A strong economy naturally leads to a strong military.

India's current modus operandi of procuring expensive military hardware from foreign countries will always leave India weak and vulnerable to the actions of other countries. India should aim to make every last nut and bolt in their own country and be reliant on nobody for its own security. If India can achieve this then it would be better for the World as a Indian superpower will balance the other superpowers and ensure greater global stability.

well as for last nut and bolt thing... nobody makes till the last bolt.. not even US or Anyone.. And for India buying expensive toys, thats for our defense. We don't go policing around the corners nor do we issue warnings or advice !!

And about the corruption, people will vote it out gradually. We don't believe in any current party/leader but believe in the process.. !!!

well as for last nut and bolt thing... nobody makes till the last bolt.. not even US or Anyone.. And for India buying expensive toys, thats for our defense. We don't go policing around the corners nor do we issue warnings or advice !!

And about the corruption, people will vote it out gradually. We don't believe in any current party/leader but believe in the process.. !!!

It's just a saying mate and that's why I added the modifier of "aim to" as a target for India to reach. You're being way too literal.

I hope India can solve their corruption problem.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom