What's new

China ready to cede land for part of Arunachal Pradesh?

it sound stupid for Indian but If China decide to clear a single tiny of the Himalaya and let Monsoon cross the Tibet like 50 million years ago then India will be over: Not only we will recover our Taklimakan desert with water from monsoon but India a waterless country.

v42n2-clift3en.jpg

he doesn't know we have a proposal to blast open Tibet Himalayas mountains a 10 km wide gap to let the monsoon reach xinjiang

China has never recognized Mc Mahon's line and has never signed the unfair demarcation imposed by British but Indians toke that as for granted and as affaire classé

China withdrew from the Simla Accord of 1914 - Tibet did not. That is an important fact that Chinese posters are either not aware of or choose not to remain silent on.

I believe the Indian claim to Aksai Chin is tenacious and little historical basis exists for that - but the Eastern boundary is on good legal footing as far as India is concerned.

we could have selfishly divert all water in Tibet for ourself and let India NE in misery.

Already well answered by @Nilgiri above.

heck, the people there look like Chinese and are subject to abhorrent discrimination in Indian society.

What about Mongolia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand - rest of Indo-China, Japan, some of the Central Asian republics etc etc - they also "look like Chinese". Heck, what kind of foolish claim to territory is based on 'looks'?

Stop posting racist and nonsensical posts.

China should take her land back. True China never recognized the McMohan line

Excellent point. Why doesn't Pakistan show the way by returning KP and other Pashto areas to Afghanistan - since the Durand Line was also never recognised by Afghanistan. Heck, going by our chinese buddy's comment above, they even "look" Afghan.

There is a saying you may or may not have heard: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I highly recommend it :)

What about Mongolia, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand - rest of Indo-China, Japan, some of the Central Asian republics etc etc - they also "look like Chinese". Heck, what kind of foolish claim to territory is based on 'looks'?

We don't claim them and recognize them as separate country, Indian northeast was never historically subcontinent Indian, until the British colonists stole them from Tibet or us.

I merely mention the undeniable truth and well known facts that Indian society discriminates northeastern people, what racism did I bring? On the contrary, it's you and your society.

do I need post some links here?

India's northeast speaks out against racism
http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/fe...-from-india-northeast-201421811314600858.html

http://www.firstpost.com/living/ind...ts-du-talk-discrimination-racism-2354516.html
'India is all about small minds': North-Eastern students at DU talk about discrimination, racism

do you need more?

China withdrew from the Simla Accord of 1914 - Tibet did not. That is an important fact that Chinese posters are either not aware of or choose not to remain silent on.

At that time who governed and have jurisdiction over Tibet? This is like if China presently negotiate South Tibet with NE Assam people regardless if Indian government like or not... do you buy that?

Last edited:

I believe the Indian claim to Aksai Chin is tenacious and little historical basis exists for that - but the Eastern boundary is on good legal footing as far as India is concerned.

Already well answered by @Nilgiri above.

Excellent point. Why doesn't Pakistan show the way by returning KP and other Pashto areas to Afghanistan - since the Durand Line was also never recognised by Afghanistan. Heck, going by our chinese buddy's comment above, they even "look" Afghan.

There is a saying you may or may not have heard: People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. I highly recommend it :)
Nice try idiot. Afghanistan accepts the Durand line.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durand_Line

The Afghan Government accepts the Indo–Afghan frontier accepted by the late Amir

— Article V of the August 8, 1919 Treaty of Rawalpindi :disagree::lol:

What's left unsaid is the Chinese Maxim - what's ours is ours , what's yours is negotiable .

If you notice there's no mention of what they're offering in return .No mention of Aksai Chin or other territories they seized when Nehru was napping or pretending to .Just a bland ambiguous statement of considering to take note of Indian interests .

It's a red herring .More of a diversionary tactic .just to gauge the public mood over here & test the incumbent GoI's reaction to this non proposal .

P.S - ever since Trump has become president , the Chinese seem to be softening their stand a bit.After playing the unpredictable one in international diplomacy for a long time , they don't seem too thrilled to be subject to a dose of their own medicine .They seem to be laying the groundwork for more Sino Indian co operation in case Trump turns the heat on .I think the Chinese are very uncomfortable with Trump coz they can't seem to read him .

You have described it perfectly.

It is test balloon set off to gauge the mood.

And like you said, Trump is the one of the levers that disrupts the status quo. The second one is Modi. Two strong leaders with a desire to take strong stand and action has put them in the back foot.

Add to that their reducing GDP growth and threat to their "global factory" status and bad loans with job losses, it will force the public to seek more and more answers from the CCP.

They are looking for a win but are forced into fire fighting mode. We live in interesting times.

At that time who govern Tibet? This is like if China presently negotiate South Tibet with NE Assam people regardless if Indian government like or not... do you buy that?

local Tibetans got duped or bullied by british colonists, the central government has final say in diplomacy, defense, terrirtory, national security matters, thus whatever accord is illegal and invalid

Last edited:
local Tibetans got duped or bullied, the central government has final say in diplomacy, defense, terrorist, national security matters, thus whatever accord is illegal and invalid

Yes so much fir Special "Autonomous" Region of Tibet :lol: Finally a Chinese who is willing to speak up on the issue and go against the standard CPC narrative.

At that time who governed and have jurisdiction over Tibet? This is like if China presently negotiate South Tibet with NE Assam people regardless if Indian government like or not... do you buy that?

Tibet was an independent country.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibet_(1912–51)

nah we will get what we want without having to cede anything....when china is busy in scs with all the nations around it,i am sure it dsnt want a hostile India on its border...

Whoops, looks like a troll doesn't understand how rivers work:

Now lets see you do some quick math on how much of the floodplain total discharge originates from China. Try looking up a map as well :D
You don't understand what he said. In China, a Tibet climate change idea: the bomb blasted mountains, let the water vapor does not stay in India and Bangladesh, directly into the Chinese, can solve the frequent flood disasters in Bangladesh, while moisturizing China vast arid areas in mainland.

nah we will get what we want without having to cede anything....when china is busy in scs with all the nations around it,i am sure it dsnt want a hostile India on its border...

You should first ask if you want an hostile China in your back first, we have more options against India than the other around...and not only you will never get what you want but to comply to our demand.

Last edited:
You should first ask if you want an hostile China in your back first, we have more options against India than the other around...and not only we will never get want you want but to comply to our demand.

This is the population density distribution.

How tell me who is farther away from Tibet ? India or China ? :coffee:

pop-dens-china-india.jpg

Back
Top Bottom