What's new

China Ranks Last in Importance of Religion, Research Shows

Let me give you guys a Sociologist View point .

Most world religions are philosophically and ideologically opposite to Capitalism .
Be it Christianity , Islam , Hinduism , Buddhism or Confucianism , They have a tendency to relate things that restricts Person and societies Economic ( Capitalist ) progress .

Capitalism deals with Gathering Capital ( Money , Human , Goods etc ) , SO this keeps on . More and More , is a capitalist phenomena . We have grown Money minded ( Mind U , I am not saying its bad ) . We say I am Happy because I got a BMW or 10 Story House . In short , Our view of Happiness and being Happy has changed .

But then there are certain sects of World religion that supports Capitalism like Protestant and Calvin Ethic .
One of the reasons why West was successful during Industrial revolution .

Our Societies are becoming Externally Developed but Internally we are becoming Hollow .

@Nilgiri @Chinese-Dragon @Godman @Providence

Last edited:
So Ethiopians are the fullest internally.

If that is a question , Then I don't know .

Survey can be interpreted as per the liking of the Person .
In other words , Interpretation of Survey depends on the intellect of the Person .

I haven't studied Ethiopian Society , So I don't know .

Let me give you an example of Buddhism .
It says Desires are the cause of Worry and Tensions .
One must have a control on desires . Where as Capitalism involves more and more . Desires are endless .

So a society who desires less ( materially ) will or might develop slowly as compared to The society that lays emphasis on Gaining more and more . Its all what I make of my studies and little bit research I have done .

When Dogmas creep into society and Religion , Society suffers .

It doesn't mean good or bad,but I prefer China staying this way. Chinese families consistently put education the top spot in their lives due to the heavy influence of Confucius teaching. In today's China, education means science and because of the inherent incompatibility between religions and science, there left very little room for religions in modern Chinese society.

If that is a question , Then I don't know .

Survey can be interpreted as per the liking of the Person .
In other words , Interpretation of Survey depends on the intellect of the Person .

I haven't studied Ethiopian Society , So I don't know .

Let me give you an example of Buddhism .
It says Desires are the cause of Worry and Tensions .
One must have a control on desires . Where as Capitalism involves more and more . Desires are endless .

So a society who desires less ( materially ) will or might develop slowly as compared to The society that lays emphasis on Gaining more and more . Its all what I make of my studies and little bit research I have done .

When Dogmas creep into society and Religion , Society suffers .

Happiness is a state of mind. Someone find happiness in more and more money and someone in their loved once and someone just naked sitting in jungles(monks).

In true sense no one is rich and no one is poor ,it's just opinion.

It doesn't mean good or bad,but I prefer China staying this way. Chinese families consistently put education the top spot in their lives due to the heavy influence of Confucius teaching. In today's China, education means science and because of the inherent incompatibility between religions and science, there left very little room for religions in modern Chinese society.

I come from a Religious Hindu Family .
But My Family puts more emphasis on Education that is why I was forced into Computer Engineering .
But it didn't work , so I shifted to Sociology .

Things work differently for different People .
Human/internal development is more important to me than material/external development .

Example : We Developed Nuclear technology . Our external development reached peak with the development of Hydrogen Bomb . But internally we became hollow . I will bomb you , If you hurt me or I will bomb you if you don't do as I say , are signs of Hollowness .

Happiness is a state of mind. Someone find happiness in more and more money and someone in their loved once and someone just naked sitting in jungles(monks).

In true sense no one is rich and no one is poor ,it's just opinion.

Totally Agree with you :agree::agree::agree:

I come from a Religious Hindu Family .
But My Family puts more emphasis on Education that is why I was forced into Computer Engineering .
But it didn't work , so I shifted to Sociology .
I am talking about the general public ,not individual persons as you and me. Chinese are more materialistic and easily find comfort in more wealth and new technology. Almost all East Asians are result oriented, we just like to get desirable results fast and don't have patience to wait until next life.

I am talking about the general public ,not individual persons as you and me. Chinese are more materialistic and easily find comfort in more wealth and new technology. Almost all East Asians are result oriented, we just like to get desirable results fast and don't have patience to wait until next life.

Most of the Younger generation in our World is like this .
Why go that far , Most lack patience even in this life :lol:

I have seen parents who slap their kids if they accidentally break Groceries , Mobiles and other stuff and I have also seen Parents To whom their kids are more important than the grocery , Mobiles etc .

I do not see Pakistani members in this thread??

I do not know, usually people become more religious as they older. But I and my parents drift away from religion as we be come older. Not totally though, but acts like visiting temples on certain days, or not eating non veg on certain days etc...

Let me give you guys a Sociologist View point .

Most world religions are philosophically and ideologically opposite to Capitalism .
Be it Christianity , Islam , Hinduism , Buddhism or Confucianism , They have a tendency to relate things that restricts Person and societies Economic ( Capitalist ) progress .

Capitalism deals with Gathering Capital ( Money , Human , Goods etc ) , SO this keeps on . More and More , is a capitalist phenomena . We have grown Money minded ( Mind U , I am not saying its bad ) . We say I am Happy because I got a BMW or 10 Story House . In short , Our view of Happiness and being Happy has changed .

But then there are certain sects of World religion that supports Capitalism like Protestant and Calvin Ethic .
One of the reasons why West was successful during Industrial revolution .

Our Societies are becoming Externally Developed but Internally we are becoming Hollow .

@Nilgiri @Chinese-Dragon @Godman @Providence

I have seen some Pro-Capitalist views in Christianity

Luke 19:11-27 - The Parable of the Ten Minas - While - Bible Gateway

Organized and monetized religion is the most toxic ideology one could wish only upon one's most prominent enemy. We will keep fighting religious indoctrination and ideological/political affinity based on religious affinity.

In the final analysis, our best partners are those who do not utilize religion as a political rule in their relationship.

As @Nihonjin1051 puts, individual spirituality might provide relief and comfort to people, which is fine. But, on the public sphere, secularism is the highest virtue (just as sovereignty is the highest virtue in inter-state relation).

China's public religion is progress. And this explains the vitality of the millennia-long civilization nations of Northeast Asia.

South Korea is christianized. In China, there are much more underground or potential believers than we think, but to me the younger believers are just a bunch of idiot kids who wants to be cool, that's all.

Never underestimate the power of these young stupid cool wanna be...just look at the youth participation in Syrian war...as young as 12 are fighting on front lines...

Back
Top Bottom