What's new

CHINA PROVIDED Z10 HELICOPTER TO PAKISTAN

Yes these helicopters will be good addition in PAA and will increase their capabilities in COIN ops, hope HJ-10 missiles are also provided with those as they are primary weapon of this bird and very lethal with range of 10+ kms.

HJ-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It will be beneficial for China too as they will know the real pro and cons of this systems and would be able to make it more lethal.

When you planned to acquire additional F-16s, your government could have allocated those funds for this beast.

So many PA soldiers who targeted Taliban in ZEA operation could have been saved from dying.

Gunships are an army's best friend in counter-terrorism and anti-armour wars.

Sadly, this was overlooked by your establishment, despite being military dominated.

As they say, better late than never.

COIN operations are not what the Z-10 was designed for as such the PA's employment of this machine in such missions is hardly valuble information for the Chinese. The Chinese have deisgned this helo for conventional military missions and would only be able to showcase but a fraction of its capabilties when employed in a COIN conflict. This isn't rocket science.

Nope it isn't the complete picture, but COIN operations are very much a part of the overall threat scenario that any modern attack chopper is expected to face........whether it is the Apache 64 in Iraq or Russian Mi35s in Afghanistan. If this deal has happened, and China did actually transfer the choppers, it would be that PAA can let them know based on their tactics and threat assessments how the Z-10 should work, since PAA has been using the Cobras-a western chopper for decades, which was expected to be deployed in anti armor role but became to used more in the COIN ops. It's not as much about the function but the overall product. Same as they did with F-7s.........Pakistan never really deployed F-7s in an air battle, but that doesn't mean that your learning experience cannot be built upon. And if Pakistan is going to procure Z-10s for COIN, then it makes all the sense that it is tested now when you have the chance.

So what you are gonna do ?Resisting entire IA with one Z 10.
Grow up kid.Smoke those TTP cancer with these gift.
You are not in our league.

Exactly neither we r in your league nor of your mind set. It's beyond the capability of your mental strength to comprehend what was written in earlier post. Be a mature guy and stop pretending like a smart A$$,

Nope it isn't the complete picture, but COIN operations are very much a part of the overall threat scenario that any modern attack chopper is expected to face........whether it is the Apache 64 in Iraq or Russian Mi35s in Afghanistan. If this deal has happened, and China did actually transfer the choppers, it would be that PAA can let them know based on their tactics and threat assessments how the Z-10 should work, since PAA has been using the Cobras-a western chopper for decades, which was expected to be deployed in anti armor role but became to used more in the COIN ops. It's not as much about the function but the overall product. Same as they did with F-7s.........Pakistan never really deployed F-7s in an air battle, but that doesn't mean that your learning experience cannot be built upon. And if Pakistan is going to procure Z-10s for COIN, then it makes all the sense that it is tested now when you have the chance.
Like I said, I remain highly skeptical that this is the reason the Chinese have "gifted/transferred" these machines to Pakistan, this is a rather weak theory as far as I am concenred. These Chinese aren't fools and the scope of operations Pakistan would use these in in COIN ops could be simulated in China- terrorists with RPGs and Aks (maybe some A2A weaponary) are not the the hardened threat the Z-10 was designed to face.

We are getting MI 35 and around 50 but they are not replacement of cobras for that we either will go for T-129 or MI 28 or Z-10
If we are getting MI 35 why to keep MI 28 in the option list then to replace the cobras ?

Thanks to Chinese for calling it a gift but of course it is not...There is no free lunch in the world ...These birds will be tested over North Waziristan against TTP and likewise ...because simulated scenarios to test and evaluate such new tech is great but they are simulations at the end of the day and nothing real ...not even close ...being combat proven is everything ...Z-10 is not a bad choice to test ...it is not induction at all ...so there should be no voila about it ...one day we will have a bunch of T-129 as 'gift' as well ...Z-10 has almost everything that Pakistan Army needs against the terrorists at this stage ...03 of them can make a difference specially at night ...our troops would love to welcome a force multiplier out of no where ...trust me ...Cobras are a junk ...our aviation is taking a lot of pain maintaining them ...Pakistan is not loosing anything in laying hands on a new machine ...Chinese do not deal in junk anymore ...Their Karkorm Eagle is much appreciated as compared to the SAAB AEWCS...who knows Z-10 might perform better than the envisaged T-129 and Cobra-Zulu !

First 30 are gift I think then we will get soft loan for another 30
Kitna maza ayega :yay:

Indians received ALL the Equipment AFTER the Warsaw Pact Countries
had received the new equipment

For example T 72 Tank ; Mig 29 ; BMP2 and Mi 35 Helicopters ; IL 76 etc ; all were
handed to India after Warsaw Pact nations had received and tested such weapons

There is also another crucial difference
The Cold war was on in the Eighties and the Russians were building up a
Huge Conventional force to overrun Europe

So the weapons were supposed to be battle ready and battle worthy
Russia has never made anything crap ...only they did not care for Smart Designing which is something as comapared to their NATO rivals ...who also developed excellent stuff with better designs !

Russia has never made anything crap ...only they did not care for Smart Designing which is something as comapared to their NATO rivals ...who also developed excellent stuff with better designs !
Design is fine but finishing product is not good...

You need to state your opinion once and stick to your position. The post I responded to, you were highlighting how Augusta is such a well known consortium and all. Which I agree with, but you also need to understand your country's financial power to buy the best and the most affordable in that cost it can afford. My post isn't saying anything you were nor do I really care to know how you think. You wrote a post, I stated my opinion. Anything more than that, you should go smoke a cigar and chill out!
If you do not care what I think, don't reply to me. Read all my posts in this thread, you'll know that I've already said most of this. I dont like repeating myself.

There was no need to post this comment, considering its points have been mentioned multiple times in this thread.

once again turkey disappoint us
and once again china proves its friendship
long live pak china friendship
The Turkey offer is still on the table, and they've offered local assembly plus tot, and two free t-129b as soon as the deal is signed.

PAA simply doesn't have the funds, but they are considering it as a future a acquisition.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom