What's new

CHINA PROVIDED Z10 HELICOPTER TO PAKISTAN

Interesting but not surprising news, Pakistani members inform me the Mi-35s on order(?) are for Special Operations Forces so there is a seperate requirment for a decidated attack helicopter to replace the aged Cobras and since the AH-1Z and T-129 are stuck in the same "pending USG approval" postion the Z-10 seems like a logical option.

I'm not sure if I buy the whole "China needs to have this product battle tested" theory because a) there are many cutting edge military prodcuts out there that are respected and known to be lethal but have never been used in anger and b) Pakistan's COIN operations are hardly "battle testing", going up agaisnt an enemy with no AAW capabilty and who are mostly move around in soft-skinned vehicles, not IFVs/MBTs so it is not like the Z-10 in Pakistani service would really be pushed any further than the PLA could at home in simulated combat exercises.
Yes MI-35 most probably 50 of them will be for Special Forces and Z-10 if chosen or MI-28 will be for Anti Tank and similar roles

So i am thinking, Z-10 is designed by Kamov of Russia, so did the Russian option of Pakistan being able to buy Russian choppers meant Z-10? Or did China have full rights over Z-10?

Interesting but not surprising news, Pakistani members inform me the Mi-35s on order(?) are for Special Operations Forces so there is a seperate requirment for a decidated attack helicopter to replace the aged Cobras and since the AH-1Z and T-129 are stuck in the same "pending USG approval" postion the Z-10 seems like a logical option.

I'm not sure if I buy the whole "China needs to have this product battle tested" theory because a) there are many cutting edge military prodcuts out there that are respected and known to be lethal but have never been used in anger and b) Pakistan's COIN operations are hardly "battle testing", going up agaisnt an enemy with no AAW capabilty and who are mostly move around in soft-skinned vehicles, not IFVs/MBTs so it is not like the Z-10 in Pakistani service would really be pushed any further than the PLA could at home in simulated combat exercises.

Doing support and COIN operations in unforgiving weather in the mountains against a foe that does posses RPGs/AA Guns and probably MANPADs, is hardly battle testing?

Kid, what dosage of the stupid pill did you swallow today?

This is becoming a mud slinging and dick measuring competition!

Who will be the operator of attack helicopters in Pakistan?

1) Mi-35 (Special Forces under Army or PAF?)
2) WZ-10 (Army or PAF?)
3) Mi-28/T-129 (Probably Army?)

Z-10_HMD.jpg

helmet mounted display will enhance our capabilities against terrorists

Anyone knows the unit price of the Chinese and Turkish birds???

RJmCnNh.gif

jigr its gift
more 2 are coming
not like russia who blackmail u
I know it's a gift
But you guys won't be fielding just 3 Or 5

I want to know the price if Pakistan goes for any of them

Doing support and COIN operations in unforgiving weather in the mountains against a foe that does posses RPGs/AA Guns and probably MANPADs, is hardly battle testing?

Kid, what dosage of the stupid pill did you swallow today?
COIN operations are not what the Z-10 was designed for as such the PA's employment of this machine in such missions is hardly valuble information for the Chinese. The Chinese have deisgned this helo for conventional military missions and would only be able to showcase but a fraction of its capabilties when employed in a COIN conflict. This isn't rocket science.

Who will be the operator of attack helicopters in Pakistan?

1) Mi-35 (Special Forces under Army or PAF?)
2) WZ-10 (Army or PAF?)
3) Mi-28/T-129 (Probably Army?)

First two are confirmed the t-129 on the other hand I was discovered while discussing the future of t 129 the turk told me that it was tested by PAA early 2014.But he says within 2 to 3 years we will supply a customised variant

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom