What's new

China Pressures Pakistan to Crack down on Uighur separatists

Israel may not have "done" anything to Pakistan but cooperation with your side's wishes has brought a lot of damage to Pakistan on and off. Moreover, there is ample effort by Israel to curtail Pakistan's nuclear program as it is the only nation which they still fear that under a hardline extremist leader may pose a threat to Israel. The rest of the Arab nations they have pacified or turned into closet allies.

The light face is nothing new. It is based on what suits Pakistan interests. The United states supported what were also essentially terrorists by the definition of the Soviet Union in Afghanistan.. which are known as the Mujhiddeen. Why? Because it was in their interest. India provides funding and assistance to elements of the Baloch insurgency in Afghanistan on and off...why? because it is in India's interest.
Pakistan looks the other way with Kashmiri insurgents whilst it will go after the Uighur militants.. why? because that is the best interests of Pakistan.. all those who consider this in the light of hypocrisy...immorally are essentially delusional and living in a utopian idea of the world.

so Pakistan is flexible in its muslim brotherhood argument . we all know USA does whats best in its interest. So does India ....and i genuinely believe India is behind many problems in Pakistan .....India just dont get caught. But thing of Pakistan is that they say that they are doing everything in the name of helping their muslims brothers ...........anywhere in the world .....may it be Kashmir or IIsrael. but turning a blind eye on issue of muslims in China shows Pakistan is no better then others........they just hide under the name of muslim brotherhood when it suits them.

India does not do that ........India policies are forced by regional issues rather a particular religion .....

Sure, there is no disagreement with that. But that has little to do with the need to push one's interest.
I for one believe that if Pakistan is proven to shelter Dawood Ibrahim.. then from a purely self interest PoV(despite its obvious long term negatives) the influencing power of a major criminal causing chaos and mayhem in the Indian underworld and political landscape is quite useful.

Pushing one's interest does not mean to shoot your own foot. Pakistan is the best example of the Hindi proverb "come bull, hit me".

All Pakistani plans of funding covert groups has hurt only Pakistan. Dawood Ibrahim is turning Karachi into Somalia but those idiots trying to use him as a weapon are blind to the fact. Right now the only mayhem and chaos he is causing is in Karachi. He even shifted his underworld business of drugs and extortion from India to Pakistan. So of what use is he to your country?

I said "expect". What one needs to understand first is what are goals here. ISIS made it clear what their goals are when they released their global domination map.

View attachment 152513

Now how do they go about it? By recruiting locals and groups. JEM, LET, Haqqani, ttp will most likely join them or will have yo go against them.
:o::o::o:

why the hell Indian Punjab is shown under ISIS proposed map??? its not a muslim area.............hardly any muslim here .......

This crackdown on Uighurs is going to backfire very very badly on Pakistan. For TTP Pakistan is a munafiq and very soon all muslim extremist groups will view Pakistan as a traitor to the faith.

Hence the Chinese proverb, "He who digs for others, fall themselves"......
I am sure not too far from now in future, we will see China doing the drone drill in Pakistan, "history and fashion always repeats"....

Hence the Chinese proverb, "He who digs for others, fall themselves"......
I am sure not too far from now in future, we will see China doing the drone drill in Pakistan, "history and fashion always repeats"....
Well Chinese soldiers were providing security to their projects in Kashmir on the other side

Chinese providing security to Azad Kashmir projects: Army Chief - The Hindu

So its not far at all :)

so Pakistan is flexible in its muslim brotherhood argument . we all know USA does whats best in its interest. So does India ....and i genuinely believe India is behind many problems in Pakistan .....India just dont get caught. But thing of Pakistan is that they say that they are doing everything in the name of helping their muslims brothers ...........anywhere in the world .....may it be Kashmir or IIsrael. but turning a blind eye on issue of muslims in China shows Pakistan is no better then others........they just hide under the name of muslim brotherhood when it suits them.

India does not do that ........India policies are forced by regional issues rather a particular religion .....

That depends on the narrative. The United States carried out a lot of illegal activities by international standards under the banner of the War on Terror to help save the world, so I see no reason to claim that Pakistan is better than others. India does not get caught because unlike Pakistan India's operation is not based in India. Activities are carried out in Afghanistan and Iran.. and those too by part diplomats and part spies. What India has to its advantage is a pre-existent pool of elements that are willing to work against Pakistan for dollars... such as elements within the TTP and the Baloch insurgency...which also have other support for them from countries other than India. So even if India backs off, there are other trails of funding that will keep these elements going. ..all India does is jump on the bandwagon( this is in contrast to the early 90's where India had to use actual on the ground Indian operatives in large cities which led to a few of them being caught as well).

By contrast, Pakistan's support for the Kashmiri insurgency has little other players in them(apart from a few Arab idealists who pitch in now and then) other than Pakistanis. Since 2001, the establishment has essentially pulled out from the control of these elements(and the results are clearly visible). With the loss of control, these elements now have a mind of their own and despite curtailing activities they are free to parade around. This is not just because of the military, these elements also have deep ties with the PML(N) and other political parties and routinely assist in electoral vote gathering/coercion. But this is long discussion not for this topic.

In either case, if your objective is to get some sort of appeasement for your own national ego that Pakistan is two-faced.. then you can have it and move on. It wont effect me because I know your nation is two faced as well.

But if your objective is to understand the dual(or rather quad or more) facets of Pakistani foreign policy..and Indian foreign policy as a counter example.. then we can have further discussion.

Pushing one's interest does not mean to shoot your own foot. Pakistan is the best example of the Hindi proverb "come bull, hit me".

All Pakistani plans of funding covert groups has hurt only Pakistan. Dawood Ibrahim is turning Karachi into Somalia but those idiots trying to use him as a weapon are blind to the fact. Right now the only mayhem and chaos he is causing is in Karachi. He even shifted his underworld business of drugs and extortion from India to Pakistan. So of what use is he to your country?

The first statement is true regarding the previous policy of supporting proxy groups.. the result is being seen today.

The second idea that Dawood Ibrahim is turning Karachi into somalia is just your own bias and not the ground reality. Do you live in Karachi to testify to Dawood's influence?

:o::o::o:

why the hell Indian Punjab is shown under ISIS proposed map??? its not a muslim area.............hardly any muslim here .......

Because in the interpretation of IS all areas that were once ruled by Muslims have to be taken back.. do you not see Spain?

Country Risk
China pressures Pakistan to crack down on Uighur separatists
Farhan Bokhari, Islamabad - IHS Jane's Defence Weekly
13 November 2014

Pakistan's prime minister, Nawaz Sharif, has promised to support China's fight against Uighur muslim separatists in China's western Xinjiang province.

In an 8 November statement issued after Sharif met Chinese president Xi Jinping in Beijing, China's foreign ministry said Pakistan would "resolutely fight the East Turkestan Islamic Movement (ETIM) terrorist force". Sharif's trip also included the signing of memorandums of understanding (MoUs) for Chinese investment in Pakistan worth about USD42 billion.

China has long urged Pakistan to step up attacks on Uighur separatists operating under the ETIM that it says have taken refuge in Pakistan's semi-autonomous tribal areas on the Afghan border.
On the Afghan border too!?

That depends on the narrative. The United States carried out a lot of illegal activities by international standards under the banner of the War on Terror to help save the world, so I see no reason to claim that Pakistan is better than others. India does not get caught because unlike Pakistan India's operation is not based in India. Activities are carried out in Afghanistan and Iran.. and those too by part diplomats and part spies. What India has to its advantage is a pre-existent pool of elements that are willing to work against Pakistan for dollars... such as elements within the TTP and the Baloch insurgency...which also have other support for them from countries other than India. So even if India backs off, there are other trails of funding that will keep these elements going. ..all India does is jump on the bandwagon( this is in contrast to the early 90's where India had to use actual on the ground Indian operatives in large cities which led to a few of them being caught as well).

By contrast, Pakistan's support for the Kashmiri insurgency has little other players in them(apart from a few Arab idealists who pitch in now and then) other than Pakistanis. Since 2001, the establishment has essentially pulled out from the control of these elements(and the results are clearly visible). With the loss of control, these elements now have a mind of their own and despite curtailing activities they are free to parade around. This is not just because of the military, these elements also have deep ties with the PML(N) and other political parties and routinely assist in electoral vote gathering/coercion. But this is long discussion not for this topic.

In either case, if your objective is to get some sort of appeasement for your own national ego that Pakistan is two-faced.. then you can have it and move on. It wont effect me because I know your nation is two faced as well.

But if your objective is to understand the dual(or rather quad or more) facets of Pakistani foreign policy..and Indian foreign policy as a counter example.. then we can have further discussion.

1. Whose fault is it that Pakistan built terror modules in their own country? And Pakistanis could not control the Taliban in Afghanistan. They dared too much and US gave them a reality check.

2. There are no "part diplomats part spies". There are spies under various government cover and has diplomatic immunity. They are based in their countries embassy.

3. TTP hates Pakistan because they think of you as a traitor who sold out their faith for US dollars. Hard to blame them. You raised the Taliban and later you betrayed them.

4. Arabs don't give a damn about Kashmir. The sooner you realise this the better. They don't care about Palestinians who are fellow Arabs, what will they care about Kashmiris?

The first statement is true regarding the previous policy of supporting proxy groups.. the result is being seen today.

The second idea that Dawood Ibrahim is turning Karachi into somalia is just your own bias and not the ground reality. Do you live in Karachi to testify to Dawood's influence?

Is there gang violence in Karachi at an unprecedented level than seen during last decade? He stopped his empire in India and build it in Pakistan. If you are unwilling to acknowledge the drawbacks of letting a criminal build his criminal empire then I won't bother explaining it to you. I don't want my posts getting deleted for "flaming" when I put across uncomfortable opinion.

so talking about kashmir is pure bussiness nothing to do with muslims ????

about India , it is obvious that a section of funding to outfits which are fighting against Pak state comes from India. As far i can think of India wants to keep Pakistan occupied with internal mess and potentially weaken the Pakistani State, so that Pakistan have little resources and time to act against India......if u might had noticed .....after Mumbai Attacks .....not many serious attacks happened in India .....where as only after Mumbai Attacks , condition of Pakistan took a dip.

there is no point talking about USA ......they can even attack peaceful countries like Bhutan and convince the world that its for their safety.....thats what is our america .

I know India is a poor country with lots of problem ranging from extremism , poverty , health , education .......but India doesnot play with religious emotions of people for personal gains.........

Because in the interpretation of IS all areas that were once ruled by Muslims have to be taken back.. do you not see Spain?

lol strange logic here.......how they gonna get local support in these areas???......... by that logic half of Pakistan and Kashmir should be under Sikhs .....because history says so ............

sooner these idiots comes to 21st century ......the better for world

so talking about kashmir is pure bussiness nothing to do with muslims ????

about India , it is obvious that a section of funding to outfits which are fighting against Pak state comes from India. As far i can think of India wants to keep Pakistan occupied with internal mess and potentially weaken the Pakistani State, so that Pakistan have little resources and time to act against India......if u might had noticed .....after Mumbai Attacks .....not many serious attacks happened in India .....where as only after Mumbai Attacks , condition of Pakistan took a dip.

there is no point talking about USA ......they can even attack peaceful countries like Bhutan and convince the world that its for their safety.....thats what is our america .

I know India is a poor country with lots of problem ranging from extremism , poverty , health , education .......but India doesnot play with religious emotions of people for personal gains.........

1. Kashmir bogey is nothing more than a futile attempt by Pakistanis for their revenge of 1971. Azad Kashmir treats Kashmiris like slaves.

2. I hope that is the case because if India did not take revenge for the serials blasts that took place in India and culminated in the Mumbai attacks then the director of RAW deserves to be in prison.

3. India could be playing with religious emotions, though it would be for political gains and not religious objectives.

Back
Top Bottom