What's new

China Pressures Pakistan to Crack down on Uighur separatists

希望巴基斯坦兄弟能理解,中国和巴基斯坦都已经深受恐怖组织和国内分裂势力的坑害,近两年这个东伊运恐怖组织在中国已经犯下了累累罪行,它的所作所为绝对不是真主的要求,它是反社会反人类毫无理性的,肆无忌惮的搞爆炸砍杀无辜民众是任何国家都无法容忍的。宗教存在的意义就在于它能导人向善,能够提升人的精神境界和道德水平,至少能够给人以精神上的慰藉。可是看看东伊运看了些什么?中国对巴基斯坦的投资是另一回事,无论怎样,巴基斯坦是中国真正的朋友,在经济发展上是的,在打击恐怖主义的事情上也是。

1. Pakistan's connection with dictatorship is longer and deeper than democracy.

He was making the comparison to Iraq, not to any other country, I thought that was obvious.

2. You were ruled for more years by dictators than PM.

The state is ruled by a democratically elected government, the last saw its full term as well.

3. Pakistan is a radical islamic state.

Absolute utter rubbish. No state bar the so called "Islamic State" is. Islamic parties have come no where near to winning any election in Pakistan, and actually fail to win majorities, even in conservative areas.

4. If you believe India can support TTP against you then why not ISIS?

I don't believe India supports the TTP. This is in large part to do with failures within Pakistan.

5. You cant handle TTP, ISIS to bohut furr ki baat hai.

Their sanctuaries have been wiped out and their dead now fertilise Pakistani soil.

Yet since the army launched a belated offensive against the militants in North Waziristan on June 15th, the number of terrorist attacks across the rest of Pakistan has fallen by nearly 30%, according to a database maintained by the Pak Institute for Peace Studies in Islamabad, the capital. Deaths from terrorism are down by more than half compared with the same period in 2013.

Meanwhile, the Pakistani Taliban, an umbrella organisation of militant groups officially known as Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), may have all but fallen apart. For that, perhaps, the United States is as much to thank as the army offensive.

Pakistan’s militants: Taliban tumult | The Economist

I also believe what the article says that Pakistan should cut links to any such militant groups, which will then bring about true peace.

As for ISIS, they ideologically clash with the Taliban, and any movement will bring them into direct conflict with the Talibs and lead to their destruction.

He was making the comparison to Iraq, not to any other country, I thought that was obvious.

Regardless of comparisons it is a fact that since 1947 Pakistan has spent more years under dictatorship than democracy.

The state is ruled by a democratically elected government, the last saw its full term as well.

The last government was actually the FIRST government since 1947 that managed to complete its full term. And no, that is not a compliment.

Absolute utter rubbish. No state bar the so called "Islamic State" is. Islamic parties have come no where near to winning any election in Pakistan, and actually fail to win majorities, even in conservative areas.

Does the constitution of Pakistan call Pakistan an Islamic state or not?

I don't believe India supports the TTP. This is in large part to do with failures within Pakistan.

You are the first Pakistani who does not blame India for TTP. LOL!

Their sanctuaries have been wiped out and their dead now fertilise Pakistani soil.

The pashtuns are not dead yet.

Yet since the army launched a belated offensive against the militants in North Waziristan on June 15th, the number of terrorist attacks across the rest of Pakistan has fallen by nearly 30%, according to a database maintained by the Pak Institute for Peace Studies in Islamabad, the capital. Deaths from terrorism are down by more than half compared with the same period in 2013.

Meanwhile, the Pakistani Taliban, an umbrella organisation of militant groups officially known as Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), may have all but fallen apart. For that, perhaps, the United States is as much to thank as the army offensive.

Pakistan’s militants: Taliban tumult | The Economist

I also believe what the article says that Pakistan should cut links to any such militant groups, which will then bring about true peace.

Good for Pakistan. But I doubt Pakistan would let go off militant groups for obvious reasons.

As for ISIS, they ideologically clash with the Taliban, and any movement will bring them into direct conflict with the Talibs and lead to their destruction.

TTP swore allegiance to ISIS.

Children children children-----china is not pushing Pakistan----but it is trying to find a way to arm Pakistan against india on a fast trak---the issues in south china sea are cencerning---india offering to arm Vietnam is extremely concerning---so china was to pay back----.

Pakistan already knows that it needs to contain the uighars---or any other Islamic group.

Again---the problem is with the Pakistanis---they are a confused lot----they lay down for the foreigner muslims without any regard for their nation.

China already armed Pakistan with nukes, ballistic missiles etc. Any new weaponry is not going to make any difference to India.

China already armed Pakistan with nukes, ballistic missiles etc. Any new weaponry is not going to make any difference to India.

Oh they will----some MR sams---some LR sams---2 to 3 sqdrn's of heavy strike aircraft on a fastrak---and for long term---the J 20 and the J 31's-----

Oh they will----some MR sams---some LR sams---2 to 3 sqdrn's of heavy strike aircraft on a fastrak---and for long term---the J 20 and the J 31's-----

China was foolish to arm Pakistan with nukes. In a game of chess you never make your fist move your most dangerous moves. You build up pressure. India now does not fear any transaction between China and Pakistan. No weapon is more powerful than a nuke. China lost out on a very big psychological advantage against India.

India already has anti ballistic missile capabilities. Plus India is developing 70 km range Barak system with Israel which is far superior to anything China has. Pakistan does not have anything to match the MKIs and by the time you get heavy strike aircraft India would have inducted the MMRCA.

Pakistan is only catching up to India.

希望巴基斯坦兄弟能理解,中国和巴基斯坦都已经深受恐怖组织和国内分裂势力的坑害,近两年这个东伊运恐怖组织在中国已经犯下了累累罪行,它的所作所为绝对不是真主的要求,它是反社会反人类毫无理性的,肆无忌惮的搞爆炸砍杀无辜民众是任何国家都无法容忍的。宗教存在的意义就在于它能导人向善,能够提升人的精神境界和道德水平,至少能够给人以精神上的慰藉。可是看看东伊运看了些什么?中国对巴基斯坦的投资是另一回事,无论怎样,巴基斯坦是中国真正的朋友,在经济发展上是的,在打击恐怖主义的事情上也是。

Pardon?

Regardless of comparisons it is a fact that since 1947 Pakistan has spent more years under dictatorship than democracy.

The word "regardless" doesn't even come into this. He made the straight forward comparison between Iraq and Pakistan, which was valid, you then bought in the political history of Pakistan and talked of dictators. The ground reality is, and has been for the last several years is that a democratic government rule Pakistan.

The last government was actually the FIRST government since 1947 that managed to complete its full term. And no, that is not a compliment.

I didn't say it wasn't. That also indicates a change, and I think most people would see that as a positive thing.

Does the constitution of Pakistan call Pakistan an Islamic state or not?

Not a "radical one", otherwise we would have seen mullah rule a long way back. Yes there are issues.

You are the first Pakistani who does not blame India for TTP. LOL!

There are others as well, and yes the TTP is primarily a Pakistani problem.

The pashtuns are not dead yet.

The Pakhtuns, by a huge majority are not remotely interested in the TTP or terror of any kind. You need only to see PTI's followers for that. You might also want to speak to the Pakhtuns here, of which there a great many I might add, and they hate the terrorists more than anyone.

Good for Pakistan. But I doubt Pakistan would let go off militant groups for obvious reasons.

Well I hope and work towards that goal i.e. that terror groups no matter what their goal are not backed.

TTP swore allegiance to ISIS.

Weak splinter groups did. Their main manpower was taken by commander Sajnah, who is a Meshud, who formed the bulk of their fighting strength. The article I quoted in my last post also talks of the TTP all but finished.

The word "regardless" doesn't even come into this. He made the straight forward comparison between Iraq and Pakistan, which was valid, you then bought in the political history of Pakistan and talked of dictators. The ground reality is, and has been for the last several years is that a democratic government rule Pakistan.

The word "regardless" comes into play because frankly there is not much to choose between Iraq and Pakistan. Last "several" years is an outright lie, try more like 5 years. Musharraf was President in theory but we all know the ground reality. He held absolute power.

I didn't say it wasn't. That also indicates a change, and I think most people would see that as a positive thing.

Better late than never.

Not a "radical one", otherwise we would have seen mullah rule a long way back. Yes there are issues.

Really? Then why are Ahmediyas considered an outcast in Pakistan? Why are there blasphemy laws in Pakistan?

During the soviet invasion of Afghanistan General Ziaul Haq with active blessing from America and Saudi Arabia turned Pakistan into an Islamic state. And there is already mullah rule in tribal provinces of Pakistan.

The Pakhtuns, by a huge majority are not remotely interested in the TTP or terror of any kind. You need only to see PTI's followers for that. You might also want to speak to the Pakhtuns here, of which there a great many I might add, and they hate the terrorists more than anyone.

The pashtuns may not be interested in TTP. But I doubt they will appreciate the use of heavy artillery, armor and military jets in their provinces. How many pashtuns are displaced because of ongoing military operations? How many do you think would be recruited.

Collateral damage makes even the unwilling people take up arms in act of revenge. Insurgency in Iraq and Afghanistan against NATO troops is a proof of that.

But that would make Terror groups of Pakistan against Pakistan army , Government like TTP.

The word "regardless" comes into play because frankly there is not much to choose between Iraq and Pakistan. Last "several" years is an outright lie, try more like 5 years. Musharraf was President in theory but we all know the ground reality. He held absolute power.

The word regardless doesn't come into it and you made an outlandish comparison, that had little to do with the topic. Not much separating Pakistan and Iraq hey? Please do enlighten us which single dictator has ruled Pakistan for 24 years.

So now you are accusing me of lying. Look, if you don't know the meaning of a word please ask. Several is not a lie. Here you go, from the good old English Oxford Dictionary itself:

More than two but not many

several: definition of several in Oxford dictionary (British & World English)

Being of a number more than two or three but not many

several - definition of several by The Free Dictionary

Better late than never.

Right.

Really? Then why are Ahmediyas considered an outcast in Pakistan? Why are there blasphemy laws in Pakistan?

The Ahmadiyya situation will rectify over time. Blasphemy laws were Zia's doing and should go. Although sad, neither of the two qualify Pakistan as a "radical" state. Pakistan does not implement Shariah, it never has. Also like I said before no Islamic party has come close to power.

During the soviet invasion of Afghanistan General Ziaul Haq with active blessing from America and Saudi Arabia turned Pakistan into an Islamic state. And there is already mullah rule in tribal provinces of Pakistan.

Agree with the first part, but still not the Islamic state you talk of. It bought extremism into the country, that many folk want gone now. Could you please tell me which Mullah rules the tribal areas, agencies and names will be a start.

Look at this please.

National Assembly of Pakistan

Three quarters of these folks would be at the end of a Taliban gun for having shaven or just having a moustache without a beard.

The pashtuns may not be interested in TTP. But I doubt they will appreciate the use of heavy artillery, armor and military jets in their provinces. How many pashtuns are displaced because of ongoing military operations? How many do you think would be recruited.

Collateral damage makes even the unwilling people take up arms in act of revenge. Insurgency in Iraq and Afghanistan against NATO troops is a proof of that.

Time heals everything and everybody talked about a mass taking up of arms and the issues of revenge and so on.In actual fact the opposite has happened and most folk have returned and the TTP lies in ruins. Few folk are interested in taking up the terrorist mantra. The mass defection of the Meshuds was a clear sign of this.

The NATO comparison isn't valid, as their contributing states were seen as a foreign invading force. Not quite the same thing when many Pakhtuns see their sons serve in the same army and other related services.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom