What's new

China plays down border row with India

Srinivas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India

Beijing: China on Friday sought to play down the border row with India over its troops setting up their tents in Depsang Valley in Ladakh, saying the two sides had the capacity and wisdom to resolve the issue through friendly consultations.

"India and China are in close in communication to resolve the differences over the issue," Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying told a media briefing.

Initially Hua was reluctant to answer questions on the issue saying that she has already expounded China's position in the last few days.

Pressed further on the issue on the strong reaction from India on Chinese troops taking up positions at Depsang Valley in Ladakh, including summoning Chinese Ambassador to New Delhi Wei Wei, Hua said "I want stress once again two countries maintained close communication on border issues and both countries had the willingness to properly resolve the relevant issue through dialogue and negotiation".

"We also believe that the two countries had the capacity and wisdom to solve the issue through friendly consultation so as to maintain peace and stability in the border areas," she said.

In the past few days, the Foreign Ministry and the Defence Ministry reiterated that Chinese troops have not violated Line of Actual Control (LAC) in erecting their tents at Daulat Beg Oldi (DBO) sector in Ladakh, asserting that there is no trespass involved.

Hua's comments playing down the incident came as External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid is due to visit Beijing on May 9 followed by plans by the new Chinese Premier, Li Keqiang, to visit New Delhi.

According to experts, Li's gesture to make New Delhi the first stop during his maiden foreign trip is aimed at sending a message of Beijing's desire to improve relations with India.

I think Hua Chunying came to senses with this statement, now pull back your troops :big_boss:

now where are those who were saying india drama queen...
Show youself...

We are now about 183km away from entering New Delhi.

Pakistani under china flag... I think.
Well its night mate. You must be feeling sleepy...
Dont dream which is not possible ever in anyone life

Man this is bad India should be going something about this i mean you have the military for it why not point those Agni 5 to nearest Chi#*ko Imperial base just in case.

Man this is bad India should be going something about this i mean you have the military for it why not point those Agni 5 to nearest Chi#*ko Imperial base just in case.

:D I can understand - you want us to take care of the bully so that Philippines can have their peace - don't worry and hang on for a couple of more years.

That day is very near mate :cheers:

We can take on Chinese in Himalayas but diplomacy first :cheers:

:D I can understand - you want us to take care of the bully so that Philippines can have their peace - don't worry and hang on for a couple of more years.

Its not that sir its a common tactic of the chinese one they keep eating up areas if they are not properly handled its how they took islands in the past according to my relatives who is serving in one of the islands we control its common for the chinese to scout post and build structures if no opposition is seen so the best way is to blow up the structures and never trust there word. its been use before when the chinese build structures like military bunkers for fortifications which they claim to fishermen shelters but they build makers first but we bomb it the next morning so they can't build their structure that was our common response up to today. Thank go we have an airbase near by use to house our F8s now OV10s and S211s that how we manage to stop some of their creep invasion tactics so they can't start building any thing at all well if we spot the markers on time but my guess is they doing the same thing in that area scouting if the Indian forces are there and if they will do something about their presence and if its possible to build makers for structures so i hope when you guys seen or spots makers do something before they build structures and if they try to negotiate don't trust them because they will do you guys over.

now where are those who were saying india drama queen...
Show youself...

In 11 days you haven't showed in guts but was waiting desperately that they get bored and go away. No, saffron brigade chanting to cut of ties and demanding to expel Chinese mission. I guess all the guts of Indians are for smaller countries.

Back
Top Bottom