What's new

China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) | Updates & Discussions

BEIJING: Pakistan and China signed eight agreements on Friday agreeing to strengthen economic and diplomatic ties between the two countries.

One of the agreements includes the construction of a 200km-long tunnel that amounts to $18 billion in cost. The “Pak-China Economic corridor” will link Pakistan’s Gwadar Port on the Arabian Sea and Kashghar in Xinjiang in northwest China.

For the development of the Economic Corridor, the two countries agreed to collaborate on connectivity construction, people-to-people construction exchanges and exchanges between local governments and organisations.

Pakistan reiterated its desire of following a one-China policy, opposing Taiwan and Tibet’s independence and supporting China’s efforts in combating extremism, terrorism and separatism, a statement issued by foreign ministry on Friday said.

The two countries agreed to enhance bilateral cooperation in the fields of maritime security, search and rescue and disaster relief at sea, combating piracy, maritime scientific research, environmental protection, and blue economy.
Development projects: Nawaz signs $18 bn tunnel deal with China – The Express Tribune

Good luck...!!!!! Chinese are slowly making Pakistan as their own ...... :cheers:

WE ARE ONE :pakistan::china:

Not burning ...!!!, Your country and your choice. You did the same thing with USA and now doing the same with China.

The future covert war between USA and China will be fought in Pakistan. Expect the social unrest in your country not to end soon as the international players in Pakistan are increasing day by day.

If US want something from Pakistan then she must comeup with some economic plan

Sour curry :angel:

sweet and sour curry.. yummy..
1305791219426.jpg

Let me play the devil's advocate here. This project is a mammoth engineering challenge for Chinese and Pakistani engineers. Am i right @Argus Panoptes

Last edited by a moderator:
@Bobby Sorry mate,no Indian Engineers and labor required.

guess, Pak should first take up small infra projects with help of foreign capital....tunnel worth $18 billion is too much to digest.....!

This price tag is for the whole project and includes more then few of tunnels hosting railways and pipeline plus probably road totaling up to 200 km in length.

Let me play the devil's advocate here. This project is a mammoth engineering challenge for Chinese and Pakistani engineers. Am i right @Argus Panoptes

Yes, it is a huge engineering challenge, but the real problems will be financial and logistical, to maintain a viable trade link. This will be almost impossible to pull off.

Yes, it is a huge engineering challenge, but the real problems will be financial and logistical, to maintain a viable trade link. This will be almost impossible to pull off.

Thats what my question was going to who will pay for it but you beat me too it.

.........deeper than the ocean and higher than the himalayas (or the sky). China-Pakistan is much more than a friendship, its an unprecedented brotherhood which could never be matched. The western white racists with their geeed, hypocrisy, neo-colonial rule, divide and rule policy and bullying would never be able to break this kind of relationship which transcends the barriers of race, religion etc.

"China-Pakistan friendship 'sweeter than honey'" sounds ridiculous in english. How does it sound in urdu?
P.s note the avoidance of the word "Persian gulf"

200km-long tunnel that amounts to $18 billion in cost. The “Pak-China Economic corridor” will link Pakistan’s Gwadar Port on the Arabian Sea and Kashghar in Xinjiang in northwest China.

18$$ BN is a staggering amount of money. Why go for a 200 km tunnel when over bridges/flyovers and plain highways would cost must less. Won't that be more cost effective.

18$$ BN is a staggering amount of money. Why go for a 200 km tunnel when over bridges/flyovers and plain highways would cost must less. Won't that be more cost effective.

i think you should send you name for consultant to pak-china. as you gonna make a world record by constructing fly over , over Karakoram :omghaha: :omghaha:

Back
Top Bottom