What's new

China, Pak major irritants to India's security: Army chief

Pakistan, China irritants for India: Army chief
Pakistan, China irritants for India: Army chief - The Times of India

NEW DELHI: Calling Pakistan and China "irritants" for India, army chief General VK Singh on Friday said the terror infrastructure across the western border and Beijing's rising military prowess were a worry for the country.

"We have two irritants. One, mainly in terms of how the situation is, in Pakistan where there is a problem of governance, where there is certain amount of support that is being given to some terrorists and where the internal situation is not very good," Gen. Singh said, addressing a seminar on 'Indian Army: Emerging Roles and Tasks' here.

He said the situation in Pakistan "can have a fallout in terms of how the things there impact India".

The army chief said that India has "something to worry" about till the terrorist infrastructure "remains intact on the other side of the border".

"Similarly", he said, "we have a rising China, both economically and militarily. Although we have CBMs in place, although we have a very stable border, yet we have a border dispute."

He said that a conventional war with China or Pakistan was "highly uncertain" but "skirmishes can occur".

"We should have a great amount of conventional capability to function in a conventional conflagration and yet be prepared to function in a nuclear backdrop," he said.

And India is a Saint.

When Pakistan can rank India On top of all the threat there Country face, dont we have the same rights to express Our concerns??? obviously we do....

You have every right to do so. But your Army Chief or any Bharti official has NO right to speak about whether Pakistani government is good or bad :) That is our internal issue

he was talking on India's national security..where the hell did he comment on "how your Govt. was running" ??

this high ranked official is India's army chief who has all the rights to speak on india's security concerns, not that he is some high ranked member on pdf who would go around trolling.

if you stop selective reading and check the post from an Indian which i replied you will see that he quoted Indian chief as saying that situation of pakistani govt was cause of concern

:whistle::whistle: and who the hell that singh to speak about what is Pakistani Govt going through ?

I wonder even such high ranked Indian official lives on rants

And what is in the Pakistani Govt that one cannot speak anything about?
May be you seems to have too dejected to live on Indian official rants.

And what is in the Pakistani Govt that one cannot speak anything about?
May be you seems to have too dejected to live on Indian official rants.

I dont know if you are acting naive or really dont know that it is considered by civilised world as interference in internal affairs of a country if your high ranking official comment on performance of govt of another country.

You being a common man can bad mouth Pakistani govt to any length but an official of your country officially is NOT suppose to poke his nose in internal affairs of another country.

Its not the first time. which shows that Indian officials need some education

I dont know if you are acting naive or really dont know that it is considered by civilised world as interference in internal affairs of a country if your high ranking official comment on performance of govt of another country.

You being a common man can bad mouth Pakistani govt to any length but an official of your country officially is NOT suppose to poke his nose in internal affairs of another country.

Its not the first time. which shows that Indian officials need some education

Please, I don't need you to tell me what to speak and how we should view the official comments of our High ranking Officers. Heck just go and see how Pakistani Govt itself making tones of interference in the internal matters of India and we yet to forget how bad was Pakistan nose poking was in India's state of kashmir.

if the statement of the Hon. CoAS - IA holds true, then CoAS Kiyani is also right in stating that India remains the 'biggest threat' to Pakistan and the PA will 'concentrate' all its efforts on its eastern/LoC borders.

"Situation in pakistan is a cause of concern",that's not medlling in pakistans internal affairs,thats stating a fact,after all an unstable pak is not in india's best interest because then we dont know who to really talk to.Beside ur officials constantly comment on j&k which is our internal matter.
U pakistanis must realize that its normal for a countries armed forces to think along these lines.

U pakistanis must realize that its normal for a countries armed forces to think along these lines

U indians must realize that its normal for a countries armed forces to think along these lines

U pakistanis must realize that its normal for a countries armed forces to think along these lines

U indians must realize that its normal for a countries armed forces to think along these lines

We have no problem with statements on threat perception. the problem is that as per an Indian member his was speaking about Pakistani Govt's performance as irritant to India's security so here you might comment differently.

And i guess that member is not much wrong because today Pakistani foreign office has issued a statement calling it interfernce in Pakistani affairs.

Back
Top Bottom