What's new

China overtakes India as ‘Diabetes Capital'

Banana

BANNED
Reaction score
China has overtaken India to wrest the title of the ‘Diabetes Capital of the World', going by the latest figures revealed by the 5th edition of Diabetes Atlas.

At 90.0 million, China today has the largest number of people with diabetes. India follows with about 61.3 million, and the third on the list is far behind – United States at 23.7 million.

These figures revealed by the Diabetes Atlas, an effort of the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), in mid-November have once again stressed the rampant progress of the epidemic in a world that seems largely under-prepared to tackle the growing numbers.

The current figures are a huge variance from the statistics presented during the last edition of the Diabetes Atlas. In 2009, the fourth edition put India at the top of the list of nations with diabetics. At 50.7 million, India was the country with the highest number of people, and China followed with 42.3 million. However, things changed in 2010, when China produced results of a nation-wide study, pegging the country's diabetic population at 92.4 million.

The revised statistic was accepted, and further validated globally when the 5th edition arrived at a figure of 90 million people.

The Hindu : Health : China overtakes India as

Good going India ...

And best news is that Pakistan beats China and India. :agree:

Worrisome to know that India is second. All those lazy bums out there, time put on your shoes and hit the jogging track, people !!

INDIA-61.3 million.
CHINA-90.0 million.
so more than 150 million people of asia suffers with Diabetes..:eek:

Thats news to me.. I thought Indians are more susceptible to Diabetes.

This will result in a massive expansion of China's GDP as healthcare and biomedical device companies start up.

However, what I'm worried about is India, because they might get exploited by the Western healthcare and pharmaceutical multinationals.

This will result in a massive expansion of China's GDP as healthcare and biomedical device companies start up.

However, what I'm worried about is India, because they might get exploited by the Western healthcare and pharmaceutical multinationals.

Must all your posts be nonsense ?? Is it hard to think logically atleast some times ? Whatever happened to Chinese high IQ ?

We have a good Pharama industry, we can take care of the production of medicine and unlike the west where it is costly to get a medicine you can get medication pretty cheap in India and there are less hoops to jump.

We have a good Pharama industry, we can take care of the production of medicine and unlike the west where it is costly to get a medicine you can get medication pretty cheap in India and there are less hoops to jump.

You are arguing with a guy who thinks large number of Diabetes patients results in massive expansion of GDP :rofl::rofl::rofl:

are u nuts?? what has diseases to do with GDP. is this some sort of medical economic formula???? i would not mind decline in growth rate if all diseases just vanishes from india.

This is the world's most expensive disease(cost expenditure is high for treatment), I wish them all to recover soon...

The current figures are a huge variance from the statistics presented during the last edition of the Diabetes Atlas. In 2009, the fourth edition put India at the top of the list of nations with diabetics. At 50.7 million, India was the country with the highest number of people, and China followed with 42.3 million. However, things changed in 2010, when China produced results of a nation-wide study, pegging the country's diabetic population at 92.4 million.

The revised statistic was accepted, and further validated globally when the 5th edition arrived at a figure of 90 million people.

The Hindu : Health : China overtakes India as

Some journalists just don't think before they write. The 2010 Chinese study was published in NEJM, one of the most prestigious peer-reviewed medical journals. Publications like Diabetes Atlas carries much less weight, and there is no 'globe validation' given by the Diabetes Atlas figure.

A 30 seconds look at the methodology of Diabetes Atlas will reveal International Diabetes Federation does not conduct any field research when producing the diabetes statistics. It merely uses figures from published studies with some of its own guesstimates filled in.

Once I have been to a local specific hospital of Diabetes at 7:00 am in the morning,the waiting hall were full of patients and their family members,that scene is too horrible.People lose their leg or eyesight due to Diabetes very normal here.

I sense a lot of happiness in OP, regarding human suffering.

Waiting for an invention that grants these people a sudden surge of intellect and shame.

Back
Top Bottom