What's new

China our Traditional Friend - Malaysia

Tell me, mate. What do you know about May 13?

Political riot, consolidated power in people pushing Malay supremacy.

I am against China using it's military beyond its borders but one thing I will full support is if China deploy military force to stop something like the Malayan Emergency.

Like I said, it was due to manipulation of politicians on both sides. It won't happen as people become more educated and matured to realise the ploys of political parties.

Indonesia one was really bad, on a different scale.

Malaysia really had only one serious race riot, and that was back in the 1960's.

And the death toll was about the same as one riot in China in 2008 (in Xinjiang).

Looking at the overall numbers, there is really no comparison. Malaysia has done better.

The other nationalities on this forum have some really bad race riots as well, on the scale of thousands of casualties per incident, but I won't mention them here.

I am against China using it's military beyond its borders but one thing I will full support is if China deploy military force to stop something like the Malayan Emergency.

How would Chinese military might prevent such a scenario from happening?

Most of the Malaysians at that time were against communist and supported the Commonwealth armed forces.

many regional countries have good relations with china in all fields
it is just the propaganda of USA that smaller countries are afraid from china

During Malayan Emergency, CPM, Communist Party of Malaya only received moral and non-military support (in the form of a radio broadcast station in Hunan) from China. The party leader Chin Peng was told by China that CPM was an illegal organisation in the eyes of Comintern.

With no outside support CPM was doomed, and the fact that CPM was largely made up of ethnic Chinese and their leader was a Chinese meant that the mass would never rised up against the government.

A good thing about a military and economically powerful China is that overseas Chinese in South East Asia are now treated better than before. Though I doubt China will interven directly with military forces in any future ethnic conflict invollving oversea Chinese.

During Malayan Emergency, CPM, Communist Party of Malaya only received moral and non-military support (in the form of a radio broadcast station in Hunan) from China. The party leader Chin Peng was told by China that CPM was an illegal organisation in the eyes of Comintern.

With no outside support CPM was doomed, and the fact that CPM was largely made up of ethnic Chinese and their leader was a Chinese meant that the mass would never rised up against the government.

A good thing about a military and economically powerful China is that overseas Chinese in South East Asia are now treated better than before. Though I doubt China will interven directly with military forces in any future ethnic conflict invollving oversea Chinese.

I think the idea of a powerful China is enough to ensure better treatment of the Chinese diaspora in SEA.

I remain wishfull,but i'm really doubtfull that China would really intervene in case of a same scenario.The best China would do is to arm the insurgents,terrorist,commies or freedom fighters,what ever you guys call it...:no:

I remain wishfull,but i'm really doubtfull that China would really intervene in case of a same scenario.The best China would do is to arm the insurgents,terrorist,commies or freedom fighters,what ever you guys call it...:no:

Well moot point. Things are pretty stable now.

Oh it's impposible ! if you wanna fight against Malaysia, your Navy must pass throught VN sea territory, and we never allows you to pass , bro :)

Oh it's impposible ! if you wanna fight against Malaysia, your Navy must pass throught VN sea territory, and we never allows you to pass , bro :)

i dont know why mod dont ban this troll who derail every thread , what has vietnam got anything to do with china malaysia friendship?

I think the idea of a powerful China is enough to ensure better treatment of the Chinese diaspora in SEA.

The same with Indians in Malaysia.
The rise of India and china and the post 9/11 global view of Islam is making the Malays more respectful to these two races. The arrogance brought by the petro-dollars is no longer there.

i dont know why mod dont ban this troll who derail every thread , what has vietnam got anything to do with china malaysia friendship?
Why don't you read again what CardSharp wrote ??Who are you in ASEAN ??why can you have the right to deploy military force to Malaysia ??

The death toll from race riots in Malaysia is one of the lowest in the world.

That was more of a one-off event.

The one in Indonesia was pretty big though, if you're going by numbers, it's on a different scale.
But it was the excuse made by the Malays for introducing all the discriminatory & racial laws in the constitution. Only now they have realised that these laws are making the country very uncompetitive and they are loosing with respect to other countries in the region.
All the good talent and educated people are quitting the country for greener pastures. The best minds go to Singapore and elsewhere. Only the misfits stay back and pull the country further down.
Once the oil wells dry up, the Malays will be back to growing rice and fishing.. or even sea piracy in Malacca straits, which their original ancestors did.

Why don't you read again what CardSharp wrote ??Who are you in ASEAN ??why can you have the right to deploy military force to Malaysia ??

Don't pay him any mind ....he , himself brings in China in every India/Pakistan related threads even when the topic has nothing to do with it .... Share your opinions bro, they are very welcome .

Back
Top Bottom