What's new

China or India?

Hello my Iranian friends. I am just curious about how Iranians feel about China and India. China is rising power and no dobut will be knocking at Iran's door soon. I know India is getting closer to US and Isreal.

But I am wondering between China and India whose influence will previail in the long term on Iran? Of course you would want both but but if push came to shove. Take a look at India. When it came to choosing between USA and Iran India chose USA based on it's interests.

Look forward to your views guys.

@Serpentine
HAHA.Look what you have got for being only China centric!India would do the best for their interests..

China is a matured dying economy while India still has room to grow as an emerging market. The recent crash is only the tip of the iceberg in China. For Iran having good relations with both is best so it can do business with both countries but to answer the question of the thread I think India is the most logical choice for Iran. India is not expansionist and aggressive as China. India is still doing better than China economically. India has good relations with strong economies abroad. India doesn't cheat and respects the rules. India is trust-able partner that doesn't want to create havoc in the region. There are probably more reasons but this I what I could think from the top of my head.
I don't think so

My friend no need to be so ascerbic. There are some good Iranian's here so out of respect to them I am going hold fire because rest assured whatever you can throw so can I.

Now every question a person asks is by definition subjective and laced with partiality. In a sense a question carries the prejudices and thought processes of the person who devised that question. So you can bloody excuse me for being Pakistani. What was I going to do, ask you a question like a bloody Isreli? Whatever crap you write here comes out of your head and is warped by your "Iranian" thinking. Most of your countryman talk with some respect. Where did you come from? Were you born the wrong way or something?

The question I asked was serious. If you think Iran will choose the middle road then so be it. Say so. The reason I asked is as the sanction regime is relaxed I expect there will be a rush to the Iranian market. I was wondering which country out of India or China is going to prevail here.

And don't bother replying to this thread. I await for other Iranians to give me a answer.

Ps. If you have such a problem with Pakistani's frankly I don't what your doing here. I am sure there are lots of Indian websites. I am sure we are not going to miss you here.

Dude all the Good Iranians you're stating will be neutral... there's no reason for Iran to pick sides.. and a Sensible nation would never pick sides.... the whole point of opening this thread is complete waste.

If we shed some light on selection between the two countries,Iran will chose both , because it has centuries old ties with both countries. One linked with Silk road and other is centuries old neighbors. Recently did some research about Tipu Sultan, it was surprise his court advisers were all first generation Iranian immigrants. A huge Persian setup in Indian, Hyderabad.
And little bit more in context of history, about Persia and Indian relations. Brahmin caste came about when Aryan (Persian, etc.) peoples invaded India from the northwest, conquered the region, and imposed themselves as the ruling class. They had their own religion, which they mixed with the native Indian religion, creating Hinduism.

SILKroad.jpg

Both would prevail. Indian and Chinese models are different. Though China is manufacturing giant and India is a services giant. The real India china market wars will be fought where indians try to get manufacturing contracts and chinese try to get services contract. And like always it will be the best firm to win.
No offence bro but your avatar is quote se--y wid big -----bs:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hello my Iranian friends. I am just curious about how Iranians feel about China and India. China is rising power and no dobut will be knocking at Iran's door soon. I know India is getting closer to US and Isreal.

But I am wondering between China and India whose influence will previail in the long term on Iran? Of course you would want both but but if push came to shove. Take a look at India. When it came to choosing between USA and Iran India chose USA based on it's interests.

Look forward to your views guys.

@Serpentine

I think neither of them. Because Iran has good relations with both and none of them seem to be bothered with that (and they don't have a right to be bothered either because you can't force others to choose their friends).

My take is, Iran will improve relations with all Asian countries, including India, China, Pakistan, Russia, Japan and others, but none of them will become 'allies', not that we don't want it, but it's not quite possible given the complex regional and Intl issues between Iran and some other countries.

Also, please excuse that other member's language. I hope you don't mind it. :)

I am not sure about their choices...If i would be in their shoes, my answer would have been simple...Whoever can bring more monetary and economic benefit to Iran, Iran will be closer to them...Now, let China and India decide if they would like to invest in Iran more than others so as to get closer to Iran..In that way, Iran do not need to answer this question, rather both China and India has to figure it out how to entertain Iran.
Well, that's also correct, looking at it the other way.

Why are you thinking Iran will choose between India and China? What makes you think Iran cannot have great relations (economical, military etc) with both of them?

There is not just right and wrong answers. There are also right and wrong questions. Your question is not a right question to ask, especially because the choices of answers you offer are not realistic, certainly not in real life as far as Iran is concerned. There is no push comes to shove which means Iran has to chose between the two. Sanctions made it difficult to deal with both China and India. I don't see a situation where Iran has to choose between them.

The Indians can have relations with US and Israel. This does not concern Iran. India did not choose the US over Iran but they had to go along with the sanction because they had little other choice otherwise they would have been sanctioned. However despite the sanctions, the Indians still did not completely comply with the US in the sanctions. Same goes for China.

I know Pakistanis would love to see Iran cut its relations with India. But this is like child fantasy. It will not happen. From now on, Iran's relations with India will only increase, same with our relation with China. If Pakistan does not want to be left behind, then you guys need to develop your country and have things to offer. Forget these fantasies about Iran choosing x country over India.

Tone down the rhetoric. The OP asked a question politely and he is one of the great members who also have supported Iran, no need to act like this.

Last edited:
My friend no need to be so ascerbic. There are some good Iranian's here so out of respect to them I am going hold fire because rest assured whatever you can throw so can I.

Now every question a person asks is by definition subjective and laced with partiality. In a sense a question carries the prejudices and thought processes of the person who devised that question. So you can bloody excuse me for being Pakistani. What was I going to do, ask you a question like a bloody Isreli? Whatever crap you write here comes out of your head and is warped by your "Iranian" thinking. Most of your countryman talk with some respect. Where did you come from? Were you born the wrong way or something?

The question I asked was serious. If you think Iran will choose the middle road then so be it. Say so. The reason I asked is as the sanction regime is relaxed I expect there will be a rush to the Iranian market. I was wondering which country out of India or China is going to prevail here.

And don't bother replying to this thread. I await for other Iranians to give me a answer.

Ps. If you have such a problem with Pakistani's frankly I don't what your doing here. I am sure there are lots of Indian websites. I am sure we are not going to miss you here.

You seem overly emotional. It is not possible to have a discussion with someone who is overly emotional. If you don't like my statement, then that is not my problem.

Where in my comment did I disrespect anyone? If you can't handle someone's comment then that is one thing, but don't make baseless accusations like I was disrespecting.

reticence
WoW . thats an ancient word .

Regarding your question mate : well , Iran - just like all other countries in the world - doesn't want to get engaged in war that it's not hers .

We've got nothing to do with the beef between India & China . just like we don't care if India has relations with Israel or any other entity frankly as long as it doesn't hurt our national interests .

National interest : thats what determines and ascertains one's foreign relations . there frankly is no brotherhood or friendship . yeah there is always the cultural effect : thats why our relations is much more closer to eastern nations than to western ones . but national interest is what sets the boundaries

India can be one hell of a partner , so does china . as of now , we're seeking foreign investments and thats what we're getting from these two .

let me give you some examples of this complicated issue :

1- Iran is allied with India's biggest enemy , Pakistan .

2- Pakistan is allied to Iran's foremost foe in the region , Saudia

3- Iran is allied to India , China's rival in the region

but these facts have nothing to do with the bilateral ties with any of those countries - this is especially true for more independant countries like Iran , cause everyone knows they cannot lecture us on our bilateral relation .

To sum it up :

BOTH .

With Iran’s Help, India Eludes China in Race for Gas Riches

Source: bloomberg

Im unable to post link....:(

Why are you thinking Iran will choose between India and China? What makes you think Iran cannot have great relations (economical, military etc) with both of them?

There is not just right and wrong answers. There are also right and wrong questions. Your question is not a right question to ask, especially because the choices of answers you offer are not realistic, certainly not in real life as far as Iran is concerned. There is no push comes to shove which means Iran has to chose between the two. Sanctions made it difficult to deal with both China and India. I don't see a situation where Iran has to choose between them.

The Indians can have relations with US and Israel. This does not concern Iran. India did not choose the US over Iran but they had to go along with the sanction because they had little other choice otherwise they would have been sanctioned. However despite the sanctions, the Indians still did not completely comply with the US in the sanctions. Same goes for China.

I know Pakistanis would love to see Iran cut its relations with India. But this is like child fantasy. It will not happen. From now on, Iran's relations with India will only increase, same with our relation with China. If Pakistan does not want to be left behind, then you guys need to develop your country and have things to offer. Forget these fantasies about Iran choosing x country over India.

Yes, Pakistan will work hard to have "things" to offer to Iran or some countries, they will catch up soon.

Now please get out of this thread, you are no longer welcome here to negative about Pakistan everything along with some Iranians. :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:

Not that it amuses me , but you apologized to the same user on behalf of entire Pakistan. Now you may know why, all those who you termed "idiots" were trying to put this TROLL in his place.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom