What's new

China Only BRIC Country Currently Worthy of the Title -O’Neill

Doubt the data, but does it matter? You can say China's GDP is 10 trillion or 1 trillion, but the nation's growth is evidented by record profit multinational corporations rip from the Chinese market. Unless corporations like GE, Mercedes are cooking their China books, too, the doubting China game is not going to affect investor confidence in the country as a whole. Go ask Walmart how they are doing in China and how they are not doing in India you got the picture of the difference.

China is indeed to going to slow as the country enters middle income category, and will need to find new growth point besides urbanization which had been the primary drive along with export. China needs to boost consumption and technological innovation which admittedly are hard to achieve under the current system. However, comparing that to the crap you have in India is like a cakewalk; it is like comparing a guy with flu to a guy with terminal cancer.

I was answering to Pakistani guy to worry about Pakistan economy....so chill

Those BRICS terms is very ambiguous and absurd i thought,

Come on, to added South Africa in BRIC which never had any decent economic performs in this decade? While you had another miraculous performer like Singapore, South Korea, Turkiye or even Saudi Arabia is fared much better than South Africa. This is a joke of century

Come on, to added South Africa in BRIC which never had any decent economic performs in this decade? While you had another miraculous performer like Singapore, South Korea, Turkiye or even Saudi Arabia is fared much better than South Africa. This is a joke of century

Brics are developing countries.

Not sure about Turkey, but Singapore and South Korea is pretty much at its limit of expansion, the size of those countries simply doesn't allow them to expand much farther. South Arabia does have the land area to accommodate expansion, but its current stance doesn't really fit in with "developing countries".

Of course is also a hidden message in the original BRIC definition----three of out four BRIC nations are also nuclear powers and Brazil is pretty strong in South America as well. It is assumed that these nations can also adequately defend itself to protect its growing economies.

why so much obsession with numbers? the whole point of economic growth is to raise people's standard of living, what was the point of the investment boom in building ghost cities and residential properties all for the sake of numbers, houses are for people to live in not for greedy speculators or couples to get a sham divorce and add to their property portfolio causing a squeeze to supply for others in population, boosting consumption=enslaving people to materialism and consumerism but I guess this is nothing new for populations of the East coast, tsk tsk Chinese people, you have to learn that numbers don't mean sh1t, growth for the sake of growth and you turn your whole country into immoral people like those in the West

Back
Top Bottom