What's new

China on verge of worst economic crisis in decades

LOL, we actually lost money in the numerous wars we've fought. We didn't stand to gain anything by overthrowing the genocidal Saddam regime, or upholding democracy in Vietnam. Our fault for trying to be Humanitarian; in my opinion we should focus on our own problems and only defend our interests overseas.

Our capitalism built what you see today; yours has given you a medium standard of living, and no innovation to speak of. I wonder why South Korea and North Korea look the way they do. One is Marxist-Leninist, the other American-style capitalist. Japan and Taiwan are largely the same. What happened that pushed China so far behind the rest of East Asians??

Try to answer that question without making accusations of "evil Western White imperialist colonialists" (blah blah blah!)

Good, you stick with your path and we stick with ours, we are clear now.

China is also under serious economic problems. It is another matter that the things look calm on the surface.

But I hope China economy doesn't go under. If China fails it would have damaging repercussions for India also.

It is not the time for infighting but it is time that India, China, Russia and other countries got together to tame the USD.

US wants to bring down India, China and everyone one by one.

Do you know that they overstated their GDP by $900 Bn.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...flated-china-s-gdp-900-billion-last-year.html

Good, you stick with your path and we stick with ours, we are clear now.

We've never been clear! Lol... You guys are a Marxist-Leninist nation one day, yet you start spouting capitalism the next. What exactly is "state capitalism"?? It's really just capitalism with the state as one of the involved members in commercial economic activity.

Your pride is the only thing that keeps you from agreeing to this. On a more important note, what is "your" way? You are a Canadian citizen who doesn't consider himself Canadian, is that right? Is your way Communism? Or 'state' capitalism? It would be good for your fellow citizens to know your intentions!

Dam !!!! Please wait China. Its not good time to fall.
If something like this happen global economy will enter recession 2.0.

We've never been clear! Lol... You guys are a Marxist-Leninist nation one day, yet you start spouting capitalism the next. What exactly is "state capitalism"?? It's really just capitalism with the state as one of the involved members in commercial economic activity.

Your pride is the only thing that keeps you from agreeing to this. On a more important note, what is "your" way? You are a Canadian citizen who doesn't consider himself Canadian, is that right? Is your way Communism? Or 'state' capitalism? It would be good for your fellow citizens to know your intentions!

Bro, you should ask to CPC what is their true intention. :coffee:

Bro, I was asking you... but whatever.

state capitalism is what it is. It's whatever we want it to be. It can be whatever we want it to be. Pre ideologies, any thing that would benefit the state is adapted, no ideology rules the realm.

China is returning to that.

I also hold a canadian citizenship, however I don't consider myself canadian. I only use it for travels, as my job requires a lot of traveling and I lived in Canada since I was a child. The moment the citizenship cease to be useful to me I will dump it quicker than Taylor swift to her boyfriends.

But don't see it as selfish, I pay tax to those useless Canadians that leech off the government and it would behoove you to know I have never gotten anything for my tax dollars, except strike after strike that makes my life difficult.

The "China will collapse" or "Chinese estate bubble will explode" or " China will disintegrate" have been around since 10 years and same will continue for the next ten years. These are the usual rhetoric and China bashing theories by the White Western racists in view of discrediting China. Each time China is on the verge of collapsing, but one year later, nothing happens despite all the demoniac prayer by the white western racists. In the contrary, it is the West which is collapsing. Just before the London riot, the West had predicted that China would witness its worst social unrest leading to the fall down of the ruling communist party, same prediction just before the Arab spring, and just before the Greece or Eurozone crisis, the West had predicted the Chinese Estate bubble bursting. China is so use with all these dooms predicted by the White Western racists. Even the work and research undertaken by economists had shown that China would no more exist as a country. But China is still going strong. China's economic situation is the best among all BRIC countries. It is India/Scatland which is collapsing with a falling currency, abyssimal deficit and colossal infrastructural depletion. Stange that no such prediction had been made by the West on Scatland while it is the latter which is already in economic crisis.

10 years? Please, it has been around since 1950, starting with MacArthur's "if China intervene in Korea, then it will be disintegrated into pieces".

Serous Question needing a serous response: Why wasn't China affected by the hint of quantitative easing by the USA as India was?

China has an iron grip on its financial market. The core of Chinese financial market is not even open to the foreign investors and all key sectors have a mandatory 51% minimum domestic holder requirement. Not to mention there is a regulatory committee whose sole of purpose of existence is combating foreign financial attack.

I agree with you that SOE would be the next step. But it should be a gradual step to privatize them. Also, they might not privatize some critical energy, aviation or defense sector.

SOE's main purpose is not making profit. They are economic tools for Chinese government to stabilize and balance economy. For example, in the food crisis of 2004, the Chinese agricultural SOE released grain stockpile en mass at loss to ensure domestic food price in China does not rise like the international market. In the soy bean boom in 2007, these same SOE bought in soy beans at loss to protect the interests of Chinese farmers. In 2008, the SOE released their stockpile to stabilize the cooking oil market.

SOE is a delicate topic, because time has provided that unless your country is the current de facto financial leader of the world, you are always in risk of financial attacks from someone stronger. As a result, you need insurance and protection against this kind of attacks. SOE is excellent for such purposes. The trade off is that SOE also takes a lot of time and effort to manage correctly. More competent government can afford more of them than a less-competent one.

China will collapse because it is a Commie country. Oh wait.
China will collapse because it is a dictatorship. Oh wait.
China will collapse because it killed its own people. Oh wait.
China will collapsed because it is godless country. Oh wait.
China will collapsed because the Chinese eat fetus. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its economic numbers were cannot be trusted. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its housing bubbles. Oh wait.
China will collapse because it has territory disputes with all its neighbors. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its water is poisoned. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its air is so polluted. Oh wait.

Have I left anything out? Add more if you can think of anything.

state capitalism is what it is. It's whatever we want it to be. It can be whatever we want it to be. Pre ideologies, any thing that would benefit the state is adapted, no ideology rules the realm.

China is returning to that.

I also hold a canadian citizenship, however I don't consider myself canadian. I only use it for travels, as my job requires a lot of traveling and I lived in Canada since I was a child. The moment the citizenship cease to be useful to me I will dump it quicker than Taylor swift to her boyfriends.

But don't see it as selfish, I pay tax to those useless Canadians that leech off the government and it would behoove you to know I have never gotten anything for my tax dollars, except strike after strike that makes my life difficult.

It is indeed selfish. You "use it for travels, as [my] job requires a lot of traveling". What would Canadians lose if you had never paid any taxes (I actually doubt you pay much of anything; if you don't live in Canada you don't pay, if you do live there then that's another perk that you selfishly feel that you deserve).

Indeed, you stand to lose a lot more than Canadians if they just ripped your papers up. Western countries have been far too welcoming to your kind; we have been gullible in the belief that you really want to be a contributor to our nations; your tiny portion of the tax base means nothing when compared to your lack of allegiance to the nation you became a part of.

Oh, and more importantly, those "useless" Canadians gave you the ability to live in a nation that has been (and will probably always be) far more prosperous than the nation of your real allegiance, a nation which, even in spite of it's far more miniscule population size, has been greatly more innovative and productive than the 1.4 billion 'proud' citizens of your nation.

I'm not surprised by your lack of shame to be honest. Time and time again I see citizens from 3rd world nations proudly proclaiming the rise of their people, who will soon come to dominate the West and destroy her!! All to end up actually LIVING in a Western country.... lol

Enjoy your wet dreams.

China will collapse because it is a Commie country. Oh wait.
China will collapse because it is a dictatorship. Oh wait.
China will collapse because it killed its own people. Oh wait.
China will collapsed because it is godless country. Oh wait.
China will collapsed because the Chinese eat fetus. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its economic numbers were cannot be trusted. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its housing bubbles. Oh wait.
China will collapse because it has territory disputes with all its neighbors. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its water is poisoned. Oh wait.
China will collapse because its air is so polluted. Oh wait.

Have I left anything out? Add more if you can think of anything.

Exactly right...So many choices available for Indian members to use. :cheesy:

It is indeed selfish. You "use it for travels, as [my] job requires a lot of traveling". What would Canadians lose if you had never paid any taxes (I actually doubt you pay much of anything; if you don't live in Canada you don't pay, if you do live there then that's another perk that you selfishly feel that you deserve).

Indeed, you stand to lose a lot more than Canadians if they just ripped your papers up. Western countries have been far too welcoming to your kind; we have been gullible in the belief that you really want to be a contributor to our nations; your tiny portion of the tax base means nothing when compared to your lack of allegiance to the nation you became a part of.

Oh, and more importantly, those "useless" Canadians gave you the ability to live in a nation that has been (and will probably always be) far more prosperous than the nation of your real allegiance, a nation which, even in spite of it's far more miniscule population size, has been greatly more innovative and productive than the 1.4 billion 'proud' citizens of your nation.

I'm not surprised by your lack of shame to be honest. Time and time again I see citizens from 3rd world nations proudly proclaiming the rise of their people, who will soon come to dominate the West and destroy her!! All to end up actually LIVING in a Western country.... lol

Enjoy your wet dreams.

Do you know how much property tax Canadians pay, do you know how much the car insurances are, do you know the GSTs, the PSTs, the HSTs.

You know I can still visit other countries with a Chinese citizenship, it's not NK citizenship. It's just a bit more work for some places.

But hey, I understand how you feel. You feel frustrated because you think a Chinese person should live worse than you. You feel like I'm somehow taking advantage of the system. Which would be true if I actually qualify for any programs. There's a reason most Nazi groups are started by poor whites, but hey I understand. Besides, it's amusing to me to see "working class" people, who are not teenagers and there for life.

As to lack of shame, why should I feel shame when I got a roof over my head, cars, and a job, all of which I have worked for BTW, or at least members of my family have. I'll leave that privilege to the "real" Canadians.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom