What's new

China on track to aim 2,000 missiles at Taiwan

<Not the whole world, there are still 33 countries recognize ROC as the legitimate government for the whole China. You need to give them some credits for all those diplomacy works.>

If you do research thoroughly, Taiwan is part of China (there is no question or doubt). No matter how you spin the wheel.

BTW, it's not 33 it's 23 (and it's getting less and less). And these 23 mostly tiny island countries are being fed by the Taiwanese dollars. Meanwhile, the people in Taiwan are jobless, homeless, uneducated, etc. Sh*t the Taiwanese government for example should spend the money improving the transportation system in Hsin Chu than buying insignificant countries for futile diplomatic recognition.

Hsin Chu is supposed to be the silicon valley of Taiwan but you will be disappointed to find out it's not.

Yeah... just look at Nauru's (that's a country?) foreign policy entry in wiki.

Foreign policy

On the international front, in late July 2002, Taiwan cut its diplomatic ties with Nauru. Taiwan and Nauru had shared diplomatic ties for 22 years; Taiwan has enjoyed diplomatic ties with several Pacific countries even in the face of the "One China policy" by Beijing. Nevertheless, this particular 22-year long legacy was broken when Nauru's president decided to change its allegiance and establish formal relations with China. The move effectively shifted diplomatic recognition from Taipei to Beijing, thus angering the government of Taiwan, which described the shift in policy as "reckless."
Nauru's decision to recognize Beijing via the signing of diplomatic papers and a joint commuique ultimately resulted in the cessation of Taiwanese aid. Nauru instead received a US$150 million aid package from Beijing.

In April 2005, during a state visit to the Marshall Islands, ROC President Chen Shui-bian met and spoke with the Nauruan President Ludwig Scotty. On May 14, 2005, the two countries signed the necessary documents to restore formal ties and reopen embassies.[6] The People's Republic of China consequently severed ties two weeks later on May 31.

The SOB's are clever. Leveraging their nation status and UN vote to make a 'country' of 12,000 people rich. (I've been hick towns in the middle of the Canadian prairies with more people)

Last edited:
<Nauru instead received a US$150 million aid package from Beijing.>

What the fu&k is the PRC doing in Nauru (only fu&king 8.1 square miles)? Sh*t that fu&king money could have been spent on improving the security system for schools in China.

Maybe for future submarine base of PLAN? Or air force base of PLAAF?

<The SOB's are clever. Leveraging their nation status and UN vote to make a 'country' of 12,000 people rich. (I've been hick towns in the middle of the Canadian prairies with more people)>

Sh*t I agree whole heartedly. These fu&king SOBs are playing the PRC against ROC or vice versa. And the sad part is the Chinese people paid for these people to drive a Mercedes Benz or BMW.

The real hawks about the issue are the Taiwan lobby in congress, but they are mostly old timers from way back and will expire soon.

That said I think the PRC has finally realized that it needs to use the carrot more than the stick.

This is evidenced by the KMT chairman's visit, three openings (mail, air, and something else), allowing Taiwanese business greater autonomy than western, allowing Taiwan banks to be the only foreign bank in China (oh and HK too of course), the recent free trade agreement and just a general toning down of the rhetoric.

But I think they are right to make sure that Taiwan's DPP knows the stick is still there and getting bigger by the day.

One of my Taiwanese friends actually told me that his parents were pro-nationalist but his grandparents were DPP hardliners who could speak Japanese and were 2nd class colonial citizens of the Japanese Empire until 1945. I always thought it was anecdotal, but I guessed wrong. :|

<One of my Taiwanese friends actually told me that his parents were pro-nationalist but his grandparents were DPP hardliners who can speak Japanese and were 2nd class citizens of the Japanese empire. I always thought it was anecdotal, but I guess wrong. :|>

I find this hard to believe. You're a fu&king DPP hardliner if you're a Chinese who didn't come with Chiang Kai Shek. Those Chinese who come with Chiang Kai Shek are KMTs.

Taiwan is a very conservative island. It's unlikely if you're grandparents are DPPs and their children are KMTs.

NOTE: To this day the Chinese from pre CKS era don't like the Chinese who come with CKS. Sh*t they would rather be called Japanese than Chinese. They're fu&ked up.

One of my Taiwanese friends actually told me that his parents were pro-nationalist but his grandparents were DPP hardliners who could speak Japanese and were 2nd class colonial citizens of the Japanese Empire until 1945. I always thought it was anecdotal, but I guessed wrong. :|

I was talking about the american congress. I never thought about the colonial angle of the DPP before, it could be true that they were bitter about losing their colonial administration positions.

I was talking about the american congress. I never thought about the colonial angle of the DPP before, it could be true that they were bitter about losing their colonial administration positions.

I actually can understand that.

In Taiwan, for old generations of Taiwanese who live through Japanese occupation, many of them are quite fond of Japanese. Contrary to population belief of that Taiwan's development was only because of KMT, it was actually Japanese that helped establishing the industrial base and laid out the foundations for Taiwan's development. For example, during the 50 years of Japanese colonial rules, the schools that the Japanese built brought the literacy rate of Taiwanese only second to Japan in Asia. Numerous factories were built by Japanese to boost its industrial capacities, the some of the many railways built that time are still operating even today as we speaking. As for the treatment of Taiwanese by the Japanese, of course there were some resistance, but if people accepted to be subject of the Emperor then they would not be treated differently than let's say Okinawaians. Another interesting piece of history I found was that the signs of "Chinese and dogs are not allowed" that posted by Western colonial powers in front of many places in China were actually taken down by Japanese after they occupied those parts of China.

Last edited:
The President of Taiwan was born in Hong Kong (my city) and he is also Pro-China.

I don't foresee any serious problems between China and Taiwan any time soon, as long as President Ma is still there.

The President of Taiwan was born in Hong Kong (my city) and he is also Pro-China.

I don't foresee any serious problems between China and Taiwan any time soon, as long as President Ma is still there.

So correct me if I am wrong so ...

If Tiwan , by choice and free will joins big King china ... so China will get all the F16 ... I hope china can use some of these F16 and use them on Tibet border

Taiwan is a part of China and Kashmir is a part of Pakistan that is the truth and truth is always bittterrrrr.

<If Tiwan , by choice and free will joins big King china ... so China will get all the F16 ... I hope china can use some of these F16 and use them on Tibet border>

F16 planes are old but still not a bad idea. But I think it's better for Taiwan to keep the planes to fight the Japanese pirates (insight joke). LOL.

NOTE: Pakistan received F16s from the US. So, the PLA knows the capabilities of an F16 long time ago.

<For example, during the 50 years of Japanese colonial rules, the schools that the Japanese built brought the literacy rate of Taiwanese only second to Japan in Asia.>

Fu&king Japanese or Chinese traitors propaganda!!!! The ones who were educated by the Japanese were the half breeds, traitors, the rich, etc.

Dude, go to Kaohsiung, sh*t, the people there didn't give me the impression that they were educated by the Japanese or educated at all.

<. Numerous factories were built by Japanese to boost its industrial capacities, the some of the many railways built that time are still operating even today as we speaking. >

They were built not for the benefits of the Taiwanese but for the benefits of the fu&king Japanese Imperial Army to kill the Chinese and other Asians. The fu&king poor Taiwanese were forced to work as slaves.

Just to show how successful the JIA brainwashed the fu&king Taiwanese in 50 years, the JIA managed to convince them that they are not Chinese. Sh*t the JIA would ship these fu&ked up Taiwanese to Chinese mainland to fight for the Japanese invasion of China.

Hey Chuism, I noticed that you're flying your fu&king HK flag. Are you gonna rave about the fu&king Brits on HK?

NOTE: Dude, if you've got some dignity you should never rave about the invader, colonialist, or land thief.

So correct me if I am wrong so ...

If Tiwan , by choice and free will joins big King china ... so China will get all the F16 ... I hope china can use some of these F16 and use them on Tibet border

I doubt it. Uncle SAM will force Taiwan to sell all the F16s back to the Americans.

<If Tiwan , by choice and free will joins big King china ... so China will get all the F16 ... I hope china can use some of these F16 and use them on Tibet border>

The terms that's been offered for Taiwan's unification states that Taiwan can keep its own armed forces. Incidently it can also govern itself permanently with a one country two systems regime and maintain cultural relations with other countries if it rejoined the PRC.

The terms that's been offered for Taiwan's unification states that Taiwan can keep its own armed forces. Incidently it can also govern itself permanently with a one country two systems regime and maintain cultural relations with other countries if it rejoined the PRC.

Except that they'll lose universal sufferage, numerous constitutional amendment rights, face communist influence in the upper house, which will deter any move to self determination, and be excluded from any international organizations as the other 2 SARs have since their return. They will also lose their status as an ally and of the United States, which will result in a withdrawal and export restrictions of various dual-use technologies, including TSMC's core processing plants, and an American brain drain of all its military engineers, whom the ROC Armed Forces spent decades to nurture.

In other words, if Taiwan were to return, it'd be a piece of wasteland with no technology, resourses or arms. I believe the status quo works best for both the mainlanders and Taiwanese.

Back
Top Bottom