What's new

China not to change plan for nuclear power projects

but they would most certainly be following people on forums etc? reading what is said etc

those who are caught would be arrested yeh?

i dont see point of cencoring unless you plan to opress a people

Come on. There are almost 500 million internet users in China. Nobody's going to read all the crap generated on a daily basis. I haven't heard for a long time (if ever) someone got arrested for merely posting on the internet. People only got arrested for trying to organize.

well it pretty obvious chinese gov is absolute is stopping any type of revolution, they want to nip it in the bud quickly.

also anyone who is critical of the government i guess

do you ever hear much? when news is cencored and controlled too? lol

As I said, the Chinese censorship system is extremely nuanced. Guess there's no point trying to explain it to someone who doesn't speak Chinese.

hmm maybe... i dont think nuance would be the right word for it, if its "extreme" in any way

hmm maybe... i dont think nuance would be the right word for it, if its "extreme" in any way

Let me put it this way: You can curse the individual leaders in government all you want. I say Jiang all the time and never get censored.

You can, with some limitations, even advocate the collapse of China or the government.

You cannot organize a movement with the purpose of advocating the collapse of the government. The censors will delete it and probably start monitoring you. This is the same as the FBI tracking those who start organizations called Islamic Jihad USA or Revolutionary Communist Party of the United States.

ok i understand that, i know what you mean. however i do not know what jiang means??

i think it is the same here, if you incite protests with violence or hatred etc

ok i understand that, i know what you mean. however i do not know what jiang means??

i think it is the same here, if you incite protests with violence or hatred etc

Jiang Zemin: The President of China 1992-2002. Corrupt incompetent loser guy.

The censors also censor out youtube due to racist comments. We're very touchy on racism in China, especially racism against native minorities.

Come on. There are almost 500 million internet users in China. Nobody's going to read all the crap generated on a daily basis. I haven't heard for a long time (if ever) someone got arrested for merely posting on the internet. People only got arrested for trying to organize.

But if say you monitor 1 million of them out of 500 million, you could in theory pretty reliably stop protests of above 500 people.

In real life the odds would be better because radical people tends to concentrate together.

Let's try not to derail this discussion any further. This thread is about future of nuclear power in China in light of the nuclear emergency in Japan.

Although it is true all future planned reactors in China will be using 3rd Gen technology with passive cooling, all existing reactors and the most of reactors currently under construction employ less safe Gen II technology, so I am kind of worried about nuclear safety following a natural disaster.

@BladeMaster

Maybe you will not believe the Chinese PDFer to explain. Then we analyze the Western reports on the "Jasmine Revolution".

Western media reports: "about 100 dissidents were taken away one day in advance, detained for 48 hours"
First, we do not discuss the authenticity of this report, We assume that it is all true. Please think carefully: 1.3 billion people, only 100 dissidents.

Western media reports: "The scene, thousands of foreign journalists and Onlookers-Crowd."
Please think carefully: If we do not know Jasmine Revolution, How could Onlookers-Crowd be there?

Well, we've finally had happen what the designers said was impossible: a hydrogen explosion in the high-humidity environment of a reactor containment. That is reason enough to consider design changes to China's own BWRs. (America's too, should we ever resume making them.)

Well, we've finally had happen what the designers said was impossible: a hydrogen explosion in the high-humidity environment of a reactor containment. That is reason enough to consider design changes to China's own BWRs. (America's too, should we ever resume making them.)

Bad news for nuclear power in democratic countries but I think China will press ahead with nuclear power even if popular opinion changes.

Definitely a good rethink is required for countries looking to invest in nuclear power, but until the exact cause of the failure is determined after the situation is over we can't really tell. But definitely a number of nuclear experts will be on the edge of their seats watching the development closely.

At the moment it is too early to make a judgement, it is still a developing situation.

Back
Top Bottom