What's new

China needs powerful "carrier killer"

Is carrier killing ballistic missile currently un defendeable ?
can't we have our under development BMD TECH (aad,thaad,pad what ever )fitted in to our carrier ? and i dont think air version brahmos hit can kill a big enough carrier..can it ?

I saw this point come up on this very forum several times....several senior defense experts think the carrier killer's accuracy is highly exaggerated.....

you are quite right on the brahmos part though .....it is tailor made for frigates or maybe even destroyers not carriers.....

I saw this point come up on this very forum several times....several senior defense experts think the carrier killer's accuracy is highly exaggerated.....

you are quite right on the brahmos part though .....it is tailor made for frigates or maybe even destroyers not carriers.....

Source ? Post them here.

A dedicated carrier killer even if developed by any country can be used only as a last resort and cannot be treated as any other missile.

Most of the countries (atleast I know about India, US, UK) that operate a carrier have a stated policy that an attack on their carrier may invite a nuclear response.

First of all everyone needs to calm down! No need to turn the discussion into international pissing contests.

Second of all I don't see the need to rehash the ASBM topic once every month. We have at least three threads on this topic already. Right now we don't know very much about the true capabilities of the ASBM since it has not yet been tested, let alone used in combat situations. Every thing we hear about the ASBM (even from reliable sources like the Chinese military and the Pentagon) are speculative at best.

Brahmos - a super carrier killer.

Brahmos' power plant is manufactured by Russia; it's hardly "Indian." That aside, 290 KM is hardly of any significance to modern CVBGs with anti-access range of up to 500 KM. And even if India can "Arrow Rain" enemy anti-missile systems or acquire the target through fighter/submarine deliveries, the accuracy of the Indian-made guidance system is highly questionable over such a long range (assuming the missile will be launch at the furtherest distance specs allow to assure pilot safty) as it is India's first attempt at modern missile guidance systems... (btw, 300 KGs of conventional explosives don't make a dent on modern carrier armor, figuratively speaking).

As for the Carrier Killer, my bet is that if push comes to shove (Israeli bombings fail and US enters the war), it'll be Iran's last bargaining chip, though the quality of Chinese guidance systems is also questionable...

A dedicated carrier killer even if developed by any country can be used only as a last resort and cannot be treated as any other missile.

Most of the countries (atleast I know about India, US, UK) that operate a carrier have a stated policy that an attack on their carrier may invite a nuclear response.

Well Pakistan and China also have a stated policy that an air attack on their country from an aircraft carrier will invite a massive nuclear response.

arite.. so this topic also fell down from China to south in the hands of India and Pakistan and we are playing some nice tennis with it:yahoo::victory:

wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah the pakistani babhur will kill all the people in the world and Pakistan will be the only nation alive. wah wah wah wah wah wah. They dont even have a president who cares about its citizens wah wah wah wah waha. they have all the missiles but need money to take care of people affected by the recent flood, yet they have the best technology and the best figure hugging missile wah wah wah wah wa. I think its good to do some more reading before talking ****

No wonder india spends billions on weapons while 550 million slum dogs die of starvation Wah wah wah!
:tdown: all ur posts r nothing but trolls n flame baits have some shame!

wah wah wah wah wah wah wah wah the pakistani babhur will kill all the people in the world and Pakistan will be the only nation alive. wah wah wah wah wah wah. They dont even have a president who cares about its citizens wah wah wah wah waha. they have all the missiles but need money to take care of people affected by the recent flood, yet they have the best technology and the best figure hugging missile wah wah wah wah wa. I think its good to do some more reading before talking ****

where are u getting these ideas u r one cool physic when can i have a appointment

Back
Top Bottom