What's new

China may have ‘passed the point of no return’ as Covid infections soar

Exactly, you are the one saying 2 countries meant China and HK right. Not me. Be coherent bhai
I aint saying anything, chinese govt saying zero covid deaths with 90% vaccinations. :lol:

You missed the script when you accidentally let out one country two systems slip, remember you cannot mention it in China-

2 countries have it though. Nope, using

People need to understand that covid can be dangerous even if you are vaccinated.
Chinese government probably knew millions will die if they let covid spread so they locked down the country, vaccinated all the vulnerable and now slowly working towards herd immunity. Pretty clever I say, Pakistan also copied China but made partial lockdowns on the areas with high covid rate, they then vaccinated the population and controlled the virus.

In the western world at first they let the virus spread, then when the deaths started to get out of control, they panicked and started lockdown with face masks. Then came the vaccines which are causing many side effects.
Yeah, Pakistan is managing the pandemic well with mostly Chinese vaccines, not useless like some Indians and Americans like to claim. Good that Pakistan doesnt end up like India where millions perished.

Getting the big decisions wrong​

The pandemic led Beijing to resort to mass control on a whole new level. Its solution to the disease ravaging the planet was to be the harshest of all -- in limiting movement. The authorities' favored tool -- used to its limits -- was the one almost every other society realized would not work indefinitely.

Until recently, Chinese citizens were still being welded into their homes in quarantine, and even burning to death in one tragic instance when they perhaps could have been rescued from a domestic fire. It's perhaps the most damning indictment of China's one-person rule this century.

Workers in  protective clothes walk past barriers placed to close off streets in areas locked down after the detection of cases of Covid-19 in Shanghai on March 15, 2022.

I aint saying anything, chinese govt saying zero covid deaths with 90% vaccinations. :lol:

You missed the script when you accidentally let out one country two systems slip, remember you cannot mention it in China-

Chinese official number were a few dozen deaths recently , you keep on quoting wmsm. India is reporting zero deaths and you happily accept it? Lol

Again i see a hospital with some bodies, it should be thousands of bodies mate. Not a few bodies going by your math.

Getting the big decisions wrong​

The pandemic led Beijing to resort to mass control on a whole new level. Its solution to the disease ravaging the planet was to be the harshest of all -- in limiting movement. The authorities' favored tool -- used to its limits -- was the one almost every other society realized would not work indefinitely.

Until recently, Chinese citizens were still being welded into their homes in quarantine, and even burning to death in one tragic instance when they perhaps could have been rescued from a domestic fire. It's perhaps the most damning indictment of China's one-person rule this century.

Workers in  protective clothes walk past barriers placed to close off streets in areas locked down after the detection of cases of Covid-19 in Shanghai on March 15, 2022.

Less 1% of China was under any form of lockdown at any one time. You don't seem to understand how zero covid works, it is trying to limit it to as close to zero as possible at a 3% economic cost. That coupled with a 95% vaccination rate and using the omicron specific sinopharm vaccine on the elderly within the last 3 to 6 months. Try welding 1.4bil.doors mate, some overzealous apartment management did that and now the whole China is blamed, so can I generalise that all indians burn their dead in carparks? Lol

Where are the thousands of bodies AKA indian carpark style bonfire ? Even counting all the trucks, it's still less than 20 bodies, where are the thousands? Lol

Last edited:
Chinese official number were a few dozen deaths recently , you keep on quoting wmsm. India is reporting zero deaths and you happily accept it? Lol

Again i see a hospital with some bodies, it should be thousands of bodies mate. Not a few bodies going by your math.
This Indian is absolutely obsessed with putting on that China is terrible in every sense in the pandemic just like his shitty slum country was in 2021.

Last edited:
Less 1% of China was under any form of lockdown at any one time.
Is this true?

Almost 250 million people in China may have caught Covid-19 in the first 20 days of December, according to an internal estimate from the nation’s top health officials, Bloomberg News and the Financial Times reported Friday.​

Remember, you guys gloated about US infection rates.

Is this true?

Almost 250 million people in China may have caught Covid-19 in the first 20 days of December, according to an internal estimate from the nation’s top health officials, Bloomberg News and the Financial Times reported Friday.​

Remember, you guys gloated about US infection rates.
China has stopped reports of daily infection rate and daily death rate. They even stop testing and isolation. Ccp hopes omicron is not as deadly as delta. That’s a very risky bet.
The problem is uncontrolled virus circulation. Omicron can be worse, more deadlier than delta as the number in the US shows it among unvaccinated population.

Patients are arriving at his hospital in ever-increasing numbers; almost all are elderly and many are very unwell with COVID and pneumonia symptoms, he said.​
Bernstein’s account reflects similar testimony from medical staff across China who are scrambling to cope after China’s abrupt U-turn on its previously strict COVID policies this month was followed by a nationwide wave of infections.​
It is by far the country’s biggest outbreak since the pandemic began in the central city of Wuhan three years ago. Beijing government hospitals and crematoriums also have been struggling this month amid heavy demand.​
“The hospital is just overwhelmed from top to bottom,” Bernstein told Reuters at the end of a “stressful” shift at the privately owned Beijing United Family Hospital in the east of the capital.​
“The ICU is full,” as are the emergency department, the fever clinic and other wards, he said.​

I was at Shanghai for a month and a half. Just returned back to Canada yesterday. Almost everyone around us at work had COVID, none of us who had gone from overseas caught COVID, our routine tests were constantly negative in the Health Code miniapp on Alipay. I think, this was going to happen either way, with probably the weather conditions being one of the reasons AND most of China probably has had their immunity reduced with being indoors for a while. Not saying these are concrete with rising numbers, but it could be one of the factors. And there was constant praise for the vaccines by MODERNA and Pfizer, not so much for the UK one. Most of my Chinese colleagues are not very happy with the Chinese vaccines that they had taken some time back.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom