What's new

China may export J-10B fighters with Russian AL31FN-S3 engines to Pakistan

if they just increase 10 more numbers and make it j-20 i will give party :lol: only matter of 10 more numbers :eek:

Pakistan should not waste its limited money on J10 B .. Because J10 Isn't giving any extraordinary advantage to our current f16 and Future JF17 fleet ... JF 17 can fire every thing which J10 B can ..

In order to gain superiority try to focus on 5th generation fighter with few 4++ generation fighters ...

better to go for more F16 with V upgrade
I dont think V Upgrade is being offered to Pakistan. However offered or not J10 is not needed now.

The development of J 10 B is very slow and we haven't seen any major improvement in J10B which can cover future requirements may b if it had arrived 5 years earlier PAF should have been interested. But now the platform still need at least 2 to 5 years before we can introduce it. So better to fill the gap with used F 16 and improve JF17 and wait for J 31.
It will not only give us good capability but will also help in achieving capabilities for followup project for JF17.

Yes agree with your logic but we must not buy any more F 16 waste of money on a het which we have
We have that jet this is the reason we should go for more if possible and avalible at lower costs. PAF knows F16 inside out and have been practicing tactics on them for more than 3 decades now. Everyone knows if indian mki or anyother jet violates pakistani air space our falcons will give them a run for their money.

We have that jet this is the reason we should go for more if possible and avalible at lower costs. PAF knows F16 inside out and have been practicing tactics on them for more than 3 decades now. Everyone knows if indian mki or anyother jet violates pakistani air space our falcons will give them a run for their money.
Yes we seen today these useless paf pilots and F 16 cant even get on air indian helicopter were inside our border for dcer long 5 minutes but we let them easy passage like piece of cake
PAF is made to just bomb those who have AK 47
Cant fight in air PAF were sleeping when IAF mirages was carpet bombing tiger hill

PAF with current status bigger burden doing nothing making shit

All their focus on joy rides of skies in old cozy stupid F 16

Yes we seen today these useless paf pilots and F 16 cant even get on air indian helicopter were inside our border for dcer long 5 minutes but we let them easy passage like piece of cake
Cant fight in air PAF were sleeping when IAF mirages was carpet bombing tiger hill

those old cozy f16's have served you well and many within the airforce would too disagree with what you say. forget about the j10 as a whole and paf should focus on procuring f16 and bringing them up to standard. and also preparing to co produce the j31. the combination of upbringing the jft and procuring and modernising f16 will serve paf well for now

those old cozy f16's have served you well and many within the airforce would too disagree with what you say. forget about the j10 as a whole and paf should focus on procuring f16 and bringing them up to standard. and also preparing to co produce the j31. the combination of upbringing the jft and procuring and modernising f16 will serve paf well for now
Brother i disagree with you time to invest money on something bigger and better world is moving forward

Yes F 16 served well but in past for future it has no future better invest in more better jet than F 16 dozens of jets available

In WW2 Mustang P 8 Served US well so they use it today for justification it served them well in past

F 16 most airforces are now in transation to replace them norway is one of them as far f 16 orders are getting lower day by day

UAE is not fully satisfied with F 16 they are planning for more better jet we have greater threat from enemy which is 10 times bigger yet we rely on one type of jet is just pathetic

I have simple question for u
Where was PAF and its F 16 when indian 2 heli came inside pak for 5 min no f 16 can scramble

This is how pathetic state of PAF and its thinking

Being a pak i dont like to talk against my own forces but when our forces allow these enemies joy ride in our airspace being a patriot pak dont like bit of it recently they kill our civilians if we had destroyed their helos the fear of pak would been more in indian hearts but now they knew how weak we are

Brother i disagree with you time to invest money on something bigger and better world is moving forward

Yes F 16 served well but in past for future it has no future better invest in more better jet than F 16 dozens of jets available
they have served well in the past, but in the future they are not obsolete. remember the f16 had the f35 in a dog fight. and also when stealth fighters take out radar installations the f16 can move in and get to work.

F 16 most airforces are now in transation to replace them norway is one of them as far f 16 orders are getting lower day by day.
countries that have deep enough pockets to buy the f16 would also have deep pockets for the f35, example are coming from all over Europe, so it a question of f16 or f35? what would you pick? countries that buy surpluss f16's typically end in spares shortages and maintenance issues examples being Thailand, Indonesia and Venezuela. these countries have procured second hand f16's and have crashed at least 1 of them. paf is different you guys have invested in the jet so that spares and maintenance is not an issue.

UAE is not fully satisfied with F 16 they are planning for more better jet we have greater threat from enemy which is 10 times bigger yet we rely on one type of jet is just pathetic
when is the uae ever happy? i hate them dont talk about them.

Where was PAF and its F 16 when indian 2 heli came inside pak for 5 min no f 16 can scramble
well i would either assume the helicopters were flying low (below 600ft) so radar cant detect them.
or you dont have radar in that specific area.
i feel this was to test pakistans reaction. how something so innocent as a helicopter that strayed in to a border that can be used to test Pakistan's reaction time. as they did in 2008. this is slightly different.

Being a pak i dont like to talk against my own forces but when our forces allow these enemies joy ride in our airspace being a patriot pak dont like bit of it recently they kill our civilians if we had destroyed their helos the fear of pak would been more in indian hearts but now they knew how weak we are

patriotism issues is your problem, good luck. dont you just feel you can do better at the drivers seat.

also you need to under stand that stealth fighters are good for airspace penetration but in full on (wvr) its useless it then relies on high spec missiles to help it. and when you find stealth fighters with external hard points (when you need a drop tank or large alcm or an asm ) it defeats the object of a stealth fighter.

f16's are made to fight with a weapons config.

granted the f16 is not my preferred jet but it's good for paf's specific needs. my favourite jet is the EFT. same level as the f22 only difference is stealth

Wit AESA. IRST , latest EW suite and super maneuverability I doubt that j10b or latest versions are less capable than F16 rather as per limited info they are even much better than block 52 F16s. Further please elaborate how the hell our F16s shall compete with even 4.5th gen semi stealth fighter jets without AESA and IRST features.

If we will get J10b or latest version our PAF experts opinion shall be there in case of extra features as we did in the past. The J10 version if acquired now shall be useful for at least 20 or more years. Similarly in near future we may go for same engine in our expected future Jets i.e J10, J31 and JF17 block-II/III.

There are reports that some future block of JF-17 is getting AESA radar. So then J-10 will become redundant. Read it somewhere too on this forum former ACM rejecting J-10 for further investment in JF-17 program and in buying Chinese stealth aircraft.

???? Do you know the rules of engagements on the border???? Just so you know, there is an agreement that in peacetime (which unfortunately it is, even with shelling from both sides), aircraft, if by mistake get to the border, each side will give them the benefit of the doubt and will allow them to turn around.

So up to 5 KM's for jets are considered normal. For the heli's, there would be a limit much smaller than the jets obviously as the chopper can turn within a few hundred feet, but the jets require a few KM's at the least, due to their speed.

So this right here, is like 200-300 feet, which is a human walking for 2-3 minutes? Choppers are much bigger and obviously have speed. So if the pilot really tried to stop and messed up in getting directions from his GPS, its normal to skip the border by a couple of hundred feet. It shouldn't happen every day, but its not a sign of an attack or something.

At this level, the first responsibility lies on the SAM systems and shoulder mount AD units. The PAF has nothing to do with a helicopter coming in 100 feet and going back. Please don't bash the PAF!!

You are talking about helicopter incident do you know the exact details of the entire event that took place? On the other hand these were the pilots who locked on MKI using the same F-16 post Mumbai Drama tensions. When you talk about Kargil lets get your fact straight PAF was not allowed to respond to anything by our dear PM Nawaz Shareef because he feared further escalation would lead to a nuclear confrontation. I don't know why you have such an image of F-16 in your mind but there is a reason that F-16 is considered as a benchmark against which every fighter jet today is rated.

Last edited:

Hi,

First of all---UAE air force is not the standard that air forces are judged on.

Helicopters come and go---you have to asses the level of the threat and act accordingly---.

You just cannot snap shoot everyone. And this is not the issue with the F16----. If there is any---it is with the air controller that needs to launch them and vector them in.

You just simply don't want to show your reaction and reaction time----.

The helicopters also wanted to check if any surface to air batteries locked onto them---. You just simply cannot give your assets away just like that.

If the aircraft were vectored in----then the Indians can easily determine the reaction time----if there is a lock on from an SA battery----then you just disclosed its location.

First of all F-16 getting jammed can't happen secondly if we suppose it can happen than USA would be biggest fool to try it because than we would only use nuclear weapons to response so grow up Guys. Now on the topic well now I have changed my mind a little if India goes to buy Rafale than J-10 B is the best answer but if they go for something like Euro Fighter than SU-35 is the best answer or J-11 D. As for those promoting JH-7 B it would be great plane but as 4th Jet in our Air Force for third it should be either SU-35 or J-10 B. JH-7 can come for deep strikes inside India and unleashing hell on their Armored Brigades. @MastanKhan @Super Falcon @A2Z

I think 150 JF-17s are confirmed and may be 150 J-10s too along with new and used F-16s. 50 J-10s can be of Block-I. J-10 has a single problem which is its engine which is unconfirmed. I am sure PAF might be gathering funds for J-31 to procure 50 of them, and also some more used F-16s from USA and Jordan now!!!

Back
Top Bottom