What's new

China Looks to New Fighters, Sparking Regional Arms Race: Report

1. China has been tying up Taiwan economically more than militarily.
2. Airforce is by no means everything in a war, while the airpower not only decided by the advantage of fighter planes.
2. The U.S doesn't seem to protect Taiwan in every term.
3. If an intercoastal conflict has to break out (morelikely initiated by the mainland),China will have every efforts(political and commercial) made to hold back the US with diplomatic handles prior to the move.

Anyways,better no war.I believe most of the Chinese people expect a peaceful settlement for Taiwan's return,which is sure to accelerate the democratization process of China.

Underestimating the resolve and strength of the American War Machine. USA is a country built for War. Ever heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Underestimating the resolve and strength of the American War Machine. USA is a country built for War. Ever heard of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

You're quite a guy to figure out that USA is a country built for war actually by the 1962 Cuban Crisis. Dont wanna be offensive but may I say you're born for cold war?

Wake up,man, and take the words as below:

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind.
--John F. Kennedy

Do you figure out the USA is nation built for War by the Cuban Missile Crisis no, But it shows what it is capable off and its resolve, I am born for reality not some stupid patriotism.

Oh, As far as I am concerned War can put an end to Mankind if Men have to live in a totalitarian Regime.

Do you figure out the USA is nation built for War by the Cuban Missile Crisis no, But it shows what it is capable off and its resolve, I am born for reality not some stupid patriotism.

Oh, As far as I am concerned War can put an end to Mankind if Men have to live in a totalitarian Regime.

Woh Ho adux dude nice comeback. No offense to my chinese brother

I am born for reality not some stupid patriotism.

I doubt it, what's wrong with your education then?

Tell me when,where and how was the Kennedy line presented.

btw,the touch upon system of government doesn't make any sense here to me.

I doubt it, what's wrong with your education then?

Tell me when,where and how was the Kennedy line presented.

btw,the touch upon system of government doesn't make any sense here to me.

I meet too many Leftist Noam Chomsky loving Idiots. My education should have been more Right-winger. I know when and how Kennedy presented that Line, funny that you have the answer in the same page.

You wont understand the last line, you need to feel freedom before talking about it.

1. Such a skewed and flawed analysis. Americans will see the Chinese before the Chinese, Will be able to engage and shoot them down before they do. I cant except how people when Chinese move forward, USA and the rest of the world would remain Stagnet. It doesnt matter what Taiwan has, Cuz USA will be Present there to protect it, so definitly China has to see what the best in the world has

1. Your analysis consists of more rhetoric than mine. How many aircrafts does U.S. have based in Taiwan? U.S. is unable to protect its own soldiers in Iraq, I believe it will have problems in preventing the integration of Taiwan by Chinese forces and no where near as costlessly as you suggest.

Having studied the cold war period in A-level History here in the UK I'd actually say that a more relevant period which supports your reasoning would be the Reagan Years.

Ronald Reagan challenged the Soviet Union to an arms race significantly increasing the US defence budget to a point where the Soviet Union couldn't even dream of matching and reinstating programs cancelled like B1 Lancers as well as new ones like the Star Wars program.

1. Your analysis consists of more rhetoric than mine. How many aircrafts does U.S. have based in Taiwan? U.S. is unable to protect its own soldiers in Iraq,
Undestand that there is a world of difference between war in Iraq and Afghanistan. America wont be fighting a hostile population. It would just destroy the military capabilities of China, it does not need to HOLD/occupy China. In that you will find that the United States does wonders.

I believe it will have problems in preventing the integration of Taiwan by Chinese forces and no where near as costlessly as you suggest.
The point is, is China ready to attack Taiwan and RISK or bet on whether the US would intervene or not? Till that time, the stale mate would continue.

Having studied the cold war period in A-level History here in the UK I'd actually say that a more relevant period which supports your reasoning would be the Reagan Years.

Ronald Reagan challenged the Soviet Union to an arms race significantly increasing the US defence budget to a point where the Soviet Union couldn't even dream of matching and reinstating programs cancelled like B1 Lancers as well as new ones like the Star Wars program.

JK,

Thank you for the response,
I am being called a Cold War Dino, hmm at 25 that is suprising.lol

I was just replying to our Chinese friend's assertion that US would not support Taiwan, They will.US wants to engage China more than China wants to engage the US. They have been waiting for an apt reason to cancel that IOU's.lol

oh that's true,dont tell me your govt. has lost that,I mean Sanity.lol~

1. Undestand that there is a world of difference between war in Iraq and Afghanistan. America wont be fighting a hostile population. It would just destroy the military capabilities of China, it does not need to HOLD/occupy China. In that you will find that the United States does wonders.

1. Delusions continue, the Chinese military has the capability to challenge the U.S. in air, land and sea unlike what the U.S. is facing in Iraq and Afghanistan where still it is facing great difficulty and Israel in Lebanon also was under the misconception that it would not have to invade with land forces.

1. Delusions continue, the Chinese military has the capability to challenge the U.S. in air, land and sea unlike what the U.S. is facing in Iraq and Afghanistan where still it is facing great difficulty and Israel in Lebanon also was under the misconception that it would not have to invade with land forces.

You are so wrong there, Chinese are nowhere near the capability of the US, in terms of Firepower and logistics

Back
Top Bottom