China launches super-speed test train

beijingwalker

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

Press Trust of India, Updated: December 26, 2011 22:29 IST

Beijing: China has launched its first test train that is said to be capable of reaching 500 km per hour from the present 300 km per hour a feat if accomplished would be a big leap forward in high speed train technology.

China's largest rail vehicle maker, CSR Corp Ltd, over the weekend launched the train.

The six-car train with a fair shaped head is the newest in the CRH series.

It has a maximum tractive power of 22,800 kilowatts, compared with 9,600 kilowatts for the CRH380 trains currently in service on the Beijing-Shanghai High-Speed Railway, which holds the world speed record of 300 km per hour.

The grey-coloured train carries testing and data processing facilities, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.

Ding Sansan, the company's chief technician, said the concept of the the super-speed train design was inspired by China's ancient sword.

The bodywork uses plastic materials reinforced with carbon fiber.

Shen Zhiyun, a locomotive expert and academician said the testing of the super-speed train with speeds of up to 500 km per hour will provide useful reference for current high-speed railway operations.

super-speed test train
2841_137531_761318.jpg

2841_137528_948490.jpg

2841_137526_846272.jpg

2841_137525_419305.jpg

China railway development,high speed trains and railway stations

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1448318&highlight=

Congrats!!!

At some point the COPY & PASTE DRONES will run out of things to accuse China of copying.

I think that day is near as Chinese tech goes exponential.

Congrats!!!

Press Trust of India, Updated: December 26, 2011 22:29 IST

super-speed test train
2841_137531_761318.jpg

2841_137528_948490.jpg

2841_137526_846272.jpg

2841_137525_419305.jpg

If this happens then its really good for China.
maybe even India if we choose to get this tech.

Still far from the record of TGV, for tracks that is.

500 kmph passenger train sounds over ambitious...not sure about safety standards either....but China can do it, as human loss hardly matters to them as long as they are chasing any economical target....I guess, in a way they are right...they ve ample human resource which they can afford to waste....see, hundreds of chinese in this forum are so proud of Chinese economic growth....why not..they should be...at least they ve now learned so write in english and have got some stuff to counter that they are doing well....when I say some stuff...i meant it...:-)....so enjoy this high ride....though everyone is damn sure that the tech is borrowed, stolen from Euro/Japan....chinese CCP is doing gr8 job in ensuring they are feeding their educated ppl with enough stuff to ensure CCP govmt remains in power without any freedom movement as long as possible....CCP propaganda!

Wow, very nice looks a lot like the Japanese bullet train. Good going China.

While its a state of the art World class achievement, but didnt China had a lot of problems with 300km train? I would imagine 500km speedster will be even harder to manage from any point of view.

damn !!! looks awesome . really want this for India too :tup:

Great looking train!

I hope that the previous causes of the high speed train crash that highlighted safety issues have been rectified in this latest version.

:woot: 500km/hr
thats really amazing
but they cannot reach the heights where Pak railway is standing

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

:woot: 500km/hr
thats really amazing
but they cannot reach the heights where Pak railway is standing

The maximum revenue service speed limit for a steel wheeled train is 370 km/hr. You need to go Maglev for a revenue speed faster than this because the maintenance cost and frequency past 370 km/hr becomes too excessive from all the wear and tear.

Beside, the legal speed limit of bullet trains in China is 300 km/hr, imposed after the Wenzhou crash. It is determined that much of China's railways were constructed with substandard material and workmanship, so any higher speed would hasten the railway viaduct's collapse.

Wenzhou crash was a power failure caused by human error,had nothing to do with the track.in recent years Germany and Japan's high speed trains both had more serious derailment and casuality than the Wenzhou accident,but it wont stop people from pursueing higher technological goals.

Back
Top Bottom