What's new

China latest fighter engine is here, WS10TVC Thrust Vector Control turbofan engine official unveil

Better late then never, also more like 25 years but who’s counting. The only thing to note is they are catching up, slowly but surely. The US has to accelerate new programs if it wants to keep the lead.
Not really catching up, I doubt their pace is quicker than the US's pace. I wonder how the NGAD looks.

I can only say that I was left speechless, never thought there were still people buy all western propaganda to that point.
lol, how can North Korea be better than China?

I can only say that I was left speechless, never thought there were still people buying all western propaganda to that point.
In my opinion North Korea is a shitty country, it is as bad as Somalia or Afghanistan.

Last edited:
169 million Chinese travelled overseas in prepandemic 2019, far far ahead of any other countries in the world, they also spend much more, Chinese people know this world better than Americans.

微信图片_20221114100706.png

Not really catching up, I doubt their pace is quicker than the US's pace. I wonder how the NGAD looks.

how so?

in 2005, the us had the f-22 in service, while the best in service chinese plane was the j-8 (3rd gen).

if you stretch it, you could claim the j-11B was the then best made in china fighter jet. thats still 4th gen (not 4.5) against a 5th gen

in 2022, the best in-production american plane is the f-35, while in china its the j-20. both 5th gens

how is that not catching up?
the us might very well have 6th gens in service first, but china is working on it too already,

you're asinine to claim that china hasnt been closing the gap.

how so?

in 2005, the us had the f-22 in service, while the best in service chinese plane was the j-8 (3rd gen).

if you stretch it, you could claim the j-11B was the then best made in china fighter jet. thats still 4th gen (not 4.5) against a 5th gen

in 2022, the best in-production american plane is the f-35, while in china its the j-20. both 5th gens

the us might very well have 6th gens in service first, but china is working on it too already,

Who's going to have the first 6th Gen fighter is still up in air

how so?

Catching up to already reached technology with today's internet and open source electronics is far easier than actually innovating. This is the same in every field, unrelated to China. Today's software companies build upon highly refined pillars. And this progress will keep going on and creating better and better technology, in absolute terms, will be easier.

China had the J10 since 1998 (first flight), which is in some ways based on the Israeli Lavi (my profile picture), which is a competitor to the F16, a 4th generation aircraft. So the US was 1 generation ahead. However, not all 4th generation aircraft are made equal, same about 5th generation.

Catching up to already reached technology with today's internet and open source electronics is far easier than actually innovating. This is the same in every field, unrelated to China. Today's software companies build upon highly refined pillars. And this progress will keep going on and creating better and better technology, in absolute terms, will be easier.

China had the J10 since 1998 (first flight), which is in some ways based on the Israeli Lavi (my profile picture), which is a competitor to the F16, a 4th generation aircraft. So the US was 1 generation ahead. However, not all 4th generation aircraft are made equal, same about 5th generation.

sure, i had never disagree that catching up to existing tech is easier to innovating new tech.

but that's not at all the point here, you argued that china isn't catching up. yet reality shows otherwise.

also you are clearly trying to mislead by saying china had the j-10 since 1998.

i was using the in service dates
but if you want to use first flight, then the f-22 first flew in 1997, heck the yf-22 first flew in 1990, while the j-10 had no equivalent prototype and was testing its component tech using j-8 and j-7s, so if i wanted to mislead like you, i would had said the us had 5th gens 18 years before china flew a prototype 4th gen, a full 18 years the US had a 2 generation advantage vis-a-vis china

so no matter how you look at it the gap has narrowed significantly in 2022 even while the us is still currently ahead. i fully expect the us to come out with a 6th gen first but i highly doubt the gap will be 18 years.
and yes, not all planes are equal. the f-22 has powerful engines but its electronics are clearly old at this point, its missing sensor fusion and while there are plans, it still does not have irst. the f-35 is overweight and had to compromise for the VTOL version. the J-20 has the benefit of newer electronics while not having to compromise, other than for its weaker engines. its fully competitive with either the f-22 or the f-35, unlike say the j-8 vs f-22.

There are also large Pakistani communities in USA and Australia.
They dont work for interest of Pakistan. Most of them are brainwash by Western government when comes to view of China. China is a threat to western imperialism. Colonial times has ended 50 years ago but western world still try milking resources of poor countries in different way.

China rising up and challenging the old order is a threat to West. China play by their rules and beat them at their own game and these dirty westerner can only resort to lies and subversive to disorient China progress.

China trying to create a new world order where distribution of global wealth are more equal where hardwork will be rewarded rather than globe wealth are control by just few countries not representing majority of the world.

China is the hope for all developed nations.

They dont work for interest of Pakistan. Most of them are brainwash by Western government when comes to view of China. China is a threat to western imperialism. Colonial times has ended 50 years ago but western world still try milking resources of poor countries in different way.

China rising up and challenging the old order is a threat to West. China play by their rules and beat them at their own game and these dirty westerner can only resort to lies and subversive to disorient China progress.

China trying to create a new world order where distribution of global wealth are more equal where hardwork will be rewarded rather than globe wealth are control by just few countries not representing majority of the world.
Yes, I too hope for a more multi-polar world.

China is the hope for all developed nations.

These developing countries love to trash China and Russia but if it weren’t for these two powerful nations, providing a counterbalance to the West, there is nothing stopping the Western imperial powers from going back to straight colonialism.

Back
Top Bottom