What's new

China is building a string of artificial islands to fortify its position in the disputed South China

Ha!

Don't get us involved in here. Remember we don't build islands on 'disputed' areas. :lol:

We just watch, observe.

I just merely point out the legal basis that when Japan could turn such as Okinotorishama reef into an artifical Island and be accepted by US and UN and granted 200km exclusive economic zone, we can do the same.

As per dispute area, when Pinoys and Viet modified the natural landscape of the island with reclamation work, Americans had closed their eyes because it was good for US when these nations toke measures at the expense of China's interest in this region. China has worned numerious times not to change the status quo of SCS but Americans, Viet and Pinoys chose to ignore, they thought China is desperated and has no option and by having an airstrip, they will have edge over China to effectively control SCS.

But they have never thought that China could have undertake such gigantest task to reclaim all these reef and make them into strategical bases in SCS, I'm pretty sure if Americans knew this possibility, they will do any mean to stop Pinoys and Viets to change the status quo of SCS:lol: becuse we can see clearly who are the ultimate losers.

in my conclusion

Japan reef reclamation with US UN blessing as legal basis
+ Pinoys Viet Islands modification by changing the status quo with US closed eyes
===============================================================
China solution to build the strategical military bases in SCS "legally speaking" with US crying

Last edited:
I agree to some extent with your point, but you must also remember that small/poor countries like Vietnam and Philippines are desperate to keep the islands they owned faced with a farrr bigger opponent like China, so they will obviously wish/hope a bigger country that can stand up to China will come to their aid since they know if they start any war/hostility, they will be quickly defeated and all their islands taken away. So I understand their fears/frustration. Though some of them are desolational in thinking the I.S/west will go to war with China for their sake. Lool that will never happen no matter what. We might give them some moral/vocal support,and sell them more weapons to make some bucks, but nothing more. I think it will be better for Vietnam and Philippines to tone down their rhetoric and be less reactive/emotional about this issue (they have been making even other ASEAN members uncomfortable about this) , they should try and negotiate a way out with China themselves, think this way an understanding can be reached that will be beneficial to all parties. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, just like Einstein said. So they should try something different, since their current approach has failed.
Totally agree.It is much much easier to talk with the mature country than unmature ones.I always respect Britain diplomacy,it is effective ,mature and protecting national interest.I wish chinese officals should learn much from Britain,care about national interest more,talk about funny comrades friendship less.

What shameless act! Oh well its China. Second biggest hypocrite next to USA. Anyway, we never learn our lesson. The downfall of human race is in the horizon.

Last edited:
Nothing to praise those things. It's great work, show how capable is China, but bad actions, and has a bad cause.
When they done and declare their ADZ on SCS, they may will return to Senkaku Islands with new play.

That's old news. Both Japanese and Chinese ADIZ crosses each at the junction of the Chunxiao and Senkakus. Japanese and Chinese have an air and maritime mechanism in place , and there is relative calm.

I just merely point out the legal basis that when Japan could turn such as Okinotorishama reef into an artifical Island and be accepted by US and UN and granted 200km exclusive economic zone, we can do the same.

As per dispute area, when Pinoys and Viet modified the natural landscape of the island with reclamation work, Americans had closed their eyes because it was good for US when these nations toke measures at the expense of China's interest in this region. China has worned numerious times not to change the status quo of SCS but Americans, Viet and Pinoys chose to ignore, they thought China is desperated and has no option and by having an airstrip, they will have edge over China to effectively control SCS.

But they have never thought that China could have undertake such gigantest task to reclaim all these reef and make them into strategical bases in SCS, I'm pretty sure if Americans knew this possibility, they will do any mean to stop Pinoys and Viets to change the status quo of SCS:lol: becuse we can see clearly who are the ultimate losers.

in my conclusion

Japan reef reclamation with US UN blessing as legal basis
+ Pinoys Viet Islands modification by changing the status quo with US closed eyes
===============================================================
China solution to build the strategical military bases in SCS "legally speaking" with US crying

My friend, I don't criticize China's right to create islands, however the only dichotomy between Japan and China is that although Japan creates very large man made islands, we do so in areas that are not claimed by other states. Not in disputed territory. For example we merely are expanding on some 400 or so Japanese overseas territories in the Western Pacific Ocean.

Japan, naturally , has over 6900 islands , all but 300 or so are inhabited. So you can say we are expert in living and making islands lol.

;)

I just don't know why some Chinese members are over glorifying island genesis; they make it seem as if they've started it as if its never been done before. Japan practically perfected and wrote the basis of civil engineering methodology in regards to island genesis, many of our techniques were consulted over in the creation of Dubai's Palm Islands and others. Japan has been 'creating' man made islands since the 1960s. lol.

Yet you don't see Japanese jumping up trying to show off to our neighbors as others do here. lol.

Japanese man-made islands were made for civilian purposes, the one China builds is said to be for civilian AND military purpose.

What shameless act! Oh well its China. Second biggest hypocrite next to USA. Anyway, we never learn our lesson. The downfall of human race is in the horizon.

And I hope Earth will be filled with 7 billion rotting corpses! OF all ages plus!

I agree to some extent with your point, but you must also remember that small/poor countries like Vietnam and Philippines are desperate to keep the islands they owned faced with a farrr bigger opponent like China, so they will obviously wish/hope a bigger country that can stand up to China will come to their aid since they know if they start any war/hostility, they will be quickly defeated and all their islands taken away. So I understand their fears/frustration. Though some of them are desolational in thinking the I.S/west will go to war with China for their sake. Lool that will never happen no matter what. We might give them some moral/vocal support,and sell them more weapons to make some bucks, but nothing more. I think it will be better for Vietnam and Philippines to tone down their rhetoric and be less reactive/emotional about this issue (they have been making even other ASEAN members uncomfortable about this) , they should try and negotiate a way out with China themselves, think this way an understanding can be reached that will be beneficial to all parties. Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results, just like Einstein said. So they should try something different, since their current approach has failed.

The thing is, what China wants is a total submission to them - they will "help" the economy in exchange we surrender our EEZ, cease our military modernization and always follow China's will even if it destroys our country. We cannot guarantee if we have a future when China commands us when to breathe or not as, considering some of the Chinese members here, they want to "punish" people and countries that tried to stand up against the Middle Kingdom

In short, they will be "generous" in exchange of kowtowing to them.

And I am aware that I will be labeled as a "paranoid monkey" by many here because of what I have said above.

Last edited:
Let us compete,do not cry like a girl,be a man. I always say there are only three REAL countries on this planet:China,USA and Russia. The common is:When we face big problem,we handle it by ourselves,we deeply know we can not depend on others.
who the hell are you deciding who is the man? you just got some money recently and think you are the only one got balls?
Try to make a war and win first, instead of being cocky..

VN is always welcome to start a war with China if you primates don't like the sight of our land reclamations. USA/Russia/Japan won't send their men to die for some PHO :rofl:
its not that easy.. Germany also though that nobody will fight against them, but when you make everybody angry, there would be time that you will have to fight against everybody...
I really believe, world war 3 is going to happen may be in 20 years, when they can hit ballistic missiles(nuclear) with laser or other weapons. thats the only reason there is peace in the world(Cremea, Israel, Pakistan and so on.. )

its not that easy.. Germany also though that nobody will fight against them, but when you make everybody angry, there would be time that you will have to fight against everybody...
I really believe, world war 3 is going to happen may be in 20 years, when they can hit ballistic missiles(nuclear) with laser or other weapons. thats the only reason there is peace in the world(Cremea, Israel, Pakistan and so on.. )

Maybe we should give Armenia a nuke or two unless of course I get fresh Baliq, Dolma and Kourma Plov along with a personal tour of Baku ! :whistle:

Maybe we should give Armenia a nuke or two unless of course I get fresh Baliq, Dolma and Kourma Plov along with a personal tour of Baku ! :whistle:
dont worry bro, Armenia doesnt deserve a nuke, then they will cry another thousand years about genocide...
We should be smart here.. As Armenian economy decrease, they lost millions of Armenians going away from the country..
once, Russia lose its power and Turkey get stronger, those land will be given some as a gift, and they will obey to us.. ;)

dont worry bro, Armenia doesnt deserve a nuke, then they will cry another thousand years about genocide...
We should be smart here.. As Armenian economy decrease, they lost millions of Armenians going away from the country..
once, Russia lose its power and Turkey get stronger, those land will be given some as a gift, and they will obey to us.. ;)

Ottoman Rising ! ;)

Ottoman Rising ! ;)
Yeah bro! I really believe, Japan is the only country i can believe in this world... If we work together, we can shape the future..
Turkish Universities are doing very good, thats the real success coming from! once we sell those army technologies, then they will have to ask our idea in every move..
haji me mashte,
Nihon ;)

My friend, I don't criticize China's right to create islands, however the only dichotomy between Japan and China is that although Japan creates very large man made islands, we do so in areas that are not claimed by other states. Not in disputed territory. For example we merely are expanding on some 400 or so Japanese overseas territories in the Western Pacific Ocean.

Japan, naturally , has over 6900 islands , all but 300 or so are inhabited. So you can say we are expert in living and making islands lol.

Regardless of consider as dispute or not, an island is an island and we should enjoy the 200 km exclusive economy zone as for each of our creation :D.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom