What's new

China invades another Phil. Island.

I mean like ones who wiped out the Native Americans and shipped out the indigenous Chagossian population. What does the US think of those people?

Well the Native Americans got a bad deal for hundreds of years in North and South America and bad things did happen. BTW I'm part Native American myself. There is at least one other here.

The British displaced about 1000 Chagossian in Diego Garcia. People all over the world get displaced whenever a base is built. I'm sure just as many people will be displaced in Djibouti when you build your Chinese base there.

Last edited:
The phillipines pays heavy price for neglecting their navy and air force all these year...
This is a bad omen for the rest of south east asia :(

The phillipines pays heavy price for neglecting their navy and air force all these year...
This is a bad omen for the rest of south east asia :(

Well the Native Americans got a bad deal for hundreds of years in North and South America and bad things did happen.

Sure they did.

The British displaced about 1000 Chagossian in Diego Garcia.

Was it the Brits who gassed their pets? Was it the Brits who threatened to bomb the island? Was it the Brits who loaded them on to overcrowded boats and put them into abandoned prison cells prior to their transfer to Mauritius? Was your figure correct? Wasn't the numbers closer to 2000?

People all over the world get displaced whenever a base is built.

How many foreign US bases are there?

I'm sure just as many people will be displaced in Djibouti when you build your Chinese base there.

You sure that we are not building on empty land? The US would have gotten rid of its peoples by now, considering the fact that US already has a base there?

Back to my initial question:

'What does the US think of those who wiped out the Native Americans and shipped out those indigenous Chagossian peoples?'

By failing to implement a forward thinking defense policy, instead of focusing on an internal doctrine of self perpetuating ethnic and religious minorities (muslims), the Philippines has perpetuated the NPA (new people's army; a communist insurgency group--- which remains viable and active) threat, as well as the MNLF/ MILF/ Abu Sayaff threat -- to legitimize army deployments and cultivate a corruption-prone schema of their military class. In 30 years they have yet to crush the NPA, and have further isolated the Muslim minorities in their country with various failed government attempts (or government refusal to implement 'policies').

That is the main issue with Manila's previous 30 some years of defense strategy. They are now placed in a precarious position of realizing how badly underdeveloped, underpowered they are -- a nation of nearly 100 million people. It is really no one's fault, besides their dependence on this American 'ironclad' alliance treaty. It cultivated a culture of dependency, and perpetuated the Philippines' Protectorate-ship post 1946.

They have long ridden the assumption of American power and American hegemony, which is slowly starting to deteriorate at the rise of a resurgent China. In fact this is natural really, the responses, since for far too long the region was dpendent on the American guarantee. China's unequivocal rise as a global leader , and her overwhelming , comprehensive strategy to connect all markets through the One Belt One Road Paradigm in conjunction with the Maritime Silk Road Paradigm --- aims to supplant emphasis on the United States as global protector with China's own version of Soft Power and Cultural Paradigm of the Neo-Tianxia Praxis.

• Tianxia , in Chinese, means "All is equal under Heaven"
TianXiaWeiGong.png

@TaiShang and Chinese friends, your input, please.

After reading this thread, I apologize I had been misjudged about Japan's intention on his cooperation with Philippine. I always thought why the heck Japan help Philippine while befriending with us. Now i fully understand that Japan is actually helping himself to shift away his dependency on the American, where negotiation of bases on Philippine soil is in fact that Japan have been starting to look after his own strategic geography. I really hope that Japan can success. However, I have one worry that is Japanese Military is heavily depended on the Americanized weaponry and fully integrated with their system, hopefully with the changed of Article 9 Japan can develop his own weapon like what we did in last few decades.

Last edited:
After reading this, I apologize I had been misjudged about Japan's intention on his cooperation with Philippine. I always thought why the heck Japan help Philippine while befriending with us. Now i fully understand that Japan is actually helping himself to shift away his dependency on the American, where negotiation of bases on Philippine soil is in fact that Japan have been starting to look after his own strategic geography. I really hope that Japan can success. However, I have one worry that is Japanese Military is heavily depended on the Americanized weaponry and fully integrated with their system, hopefully with the changed of Article 9 Japan can develop his own weapon like what we did in last few decades.

As I said on @Nihonjin1051 's thread regarding North East Asian Union, we should build a good triangulation by helping Japan to get out of US's gravity so Americans can't exploited Sino-Japan different. And I think it's in Japan interest and not let US control it own destiny:

1- To have independent foreign policy
2- kick US out of technological supervision and imposition. People can still remember what had happened to Japan F-2 fighter, it was nothing but a bacterized of F-16 which Japan had no choice but to accept. And not only that Japan had to transfer the state of art technology regarding the way to manufacture large piece of composite.
3- Not to be cheated and manipulate by US financially such as 1985 Plaza accord

It's wise for China to help Japan and at the end it will help ourself, Japan is the only country that can decide the fate of US in Asia.

Last edited:
the chinese are trying to grab as many islands as they can. they can´t steal from VN, so they do from a weaker opponent which is the Philippines. only delusional people believe to chinese words. you should consider placing the islands and atolls you control under our protection. we can station missiles and artillery on them.
After whooping your *** in '88, I doubt we have any interest of any asswhooping again. Btw, didn't your fishermen always cry about our enforcement? LOL

This news is about illegal African immigrates trying to stay in China legally. You mean Vietnamese women smuggled to China are just like those African people trying everything to stay in China? Otherwise, I don't see the connection between black people and Vietnamese women.

If you do mean that, you just slapped your Vietnamese-Canadian compatriot right cross his face, who just claimed China is a backward country.

Last edited:
Sure they did.

Was it the Brits who gassed their pets? Was it the Brits who threatened to bomb the island? Was it the Brits who loaded them on to overcrowded boats and put them into abandoned prison cells prior to their transfer to Mauritius? Was your figure correct? Wasn't the numbers closer to 2000?

How many foreign US bases are there?

You sure that we are not building on empty land? The US would have gotten rid of its peoples by now, considering the fact that US already has a base there?

Back to my initial question:

'What does the US think of those who wiped out the Native Americans and shipped out those indigenous Chagossian peoples?'

Yes, as I said bad things happened. You can read it yourself here: Depopulation of Chagossians from the Chagos Archipelago - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As somebody who is part Native American I have already given you my answer.

:coffee::hitwall::lol:

Duterte tells China: Build us a railway and let’s set aside differences for a while

12:33 AM February 29th, 2016

DAVAO CITY – “Build us a railway just like the one you built in Africa and let’s set aside disagreements for a while,” presidential aspirant and Davao City Mayor Rodrigo Duterte told China.

“Build us a rail for Mindanao, build us a railway from Manila to Bicol, I will be happy, let us not fight. Build us a railway because no nation on earth ever progressed without a railway,” he told Saturday’s gathering of the women’s group called Forum of Women for Action with Rody Duterte (Forward Women) who endorsed his candidacy for the top post of the land.

Duterte vowed to ask China to set aside its claim over the contested islands for a while, so that China and the Philippines could explore trade.

“I will tell China to set aside its claim for a while so that I will not bring up the issue of (Philippine) national patrimony,” Duterte said. “But if (China) insists, I will tell them, that is our fishing ground and why are you building an infrastructure that my country does not need?” Duterte said.

However, he reiterated his earlier stand that the country would not want to make war with China. “We have to talk,” he said.

“I will tell China, do not claim ownership and I will not mention patrimony, hayaan natin muna iyan, gusto mo (let’s set that aside, you might want) trade exploration,” he said, referring to China.

“I will just ask you to build a rail, just like what you did for Africa,” said Duterte, referring to the Chinese-funded high-speed railway line project of the Kenya Railways Corporation, which has cut travel time from Nairobi to Mombasa from 13 to three hours.

But Duterte, in his trademark sense of humor, said he would not waste a Filipino soldier’s life if things came to worst with China but would personally present himself to the Chinese authorities.
“This, I will commit and pledge to you,” he said, addressing his women audience.

“If worse comes to worst, I will not waste the lives of Filipino soldiers, I will go to the boundary line, myself; maybe have someone take me there, and I will go there on my own with a jetski, bringing along with me a flag and a pole and once I disembark, I will plant the flag on the runway and tell the Chinese authorities, ‘Kill me,'” Duterte said. “Huwag na ang sundalo (Don’t kill the soldiers),” he said.

“I’ll tell (the Chinese authorities)’kill me,’ because I also want to be a hero,” Duterte said, which sent his audience laughing.

“May ambsiyon akong maging hero, ito na ang pagkakataon ko (I have an ambition to be a hero and this would be my chance),” Duterte said, as chuckles were heard from his audience.

He said he’d rather die blasted by a (Chinese) missile rather than die peacefully in his sleep because right now, with the top leadership accused of numerous forms of graft and corruption, the country lacked heroes. “Look at what they’ve done to Lapu-lapu, the first Malay to fight an imperialist invader, ginawa nilang isda (they turned him into a fish),” Duterte said.

“He’s not even mentioned in the textbooks and there’s no so-called Lapu-lapu Day among our lists of holidays,” he said. “Instead, ginawa nilang isda, piniprito, ginawang escabeche araw-araw.” (Instead, they turned him into a fish that is usually fried and made into escabeche everyday.)

“If I become president, I will honor Lapu-Lapu as a hero, and if I’ll be a hero after I’m blasted by a missile from China, kayo na’ng bahala. Magiging mas masaya ang mga bata dahil Duterte day, walang klase (…it’s now up to you. Kids will be happy because on Duterte day, there will be no classes),” Duterte said, eliciting laughter from his audience.

Duterte tells China:  Build us a railway and let’s set aside differences for a while | Inquirer Global Nation

Read what Nilijohn has written....looks to me like your government did not tie down US in a treaty to protect all islands. You know as a small country, you cannot do it yourself, you know there is a shark in the ocean. China probably picked you out as the weakest link, the country least likely to fight back.

America has a FULL mutual defence treaty with the Philippines. The Philippines is an ex-American colony and one of their strongest allies in the world.

And it's been that way for the past half century.

But everyone knows America isn't going to fight against another major power for the sake of their pawns. We saw this with the Philippines in 2012, Georgia in 2008, Ukraine in 2014, etc. In every single case, the American "ally" lost territory.

They are called pawns for a reason. In chess, pawns are the expendable ones. That's what they get for selling out their security to an American mutual defence treaty, now they all look at their maps and wonder why chunks of their nation are missing.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom