What's new

China invades another Phil. Island.

What is actually the important of SCS for Chinese btw ? since you seems to be so determent on it, even dare to challenge USA....?
Thirdly, of course it will be the resource. SCS is rich of oil and gas. I recalled that years ago the production of oil and gas in SCS could occupy more than 25% of GDP in Vietnam, although now it probably reduced due tot the collapse of oil price.

China: Ships have left disputed Spratlys atoll

Headlines | Philstar Mobile

"Chinese vessels have left Quirino (Jackson) Atoll near Palawan after completing their mission to remove a grounded Filipino fishing vessel in the area"
Only the ones you can see. The battle was decided in PLAN favor in this skirmish with USN because of submarine forces. This is clear to observation.

What is actually the important of SCS for Chinese btw
since you seems to be so determent on it, even dare to challenge USA....?

I do believe freedom of navigation will continue just as before, business as usual. Different nations, China included, have overlapping claims of sovereign territory, that's it.

In this island incident (even if proven true, which I doubt) I don't see any other factor in Chinese intention other than purely signalling sovereign claim, nothing else. China will continue to adopt a pacifist approach towards this dispute, dialogue with Philippines is the key, does not intend to escalate tension unless being attacked.

@TaiShang and Chinese friends, your input, please.

Very well said. Like I said before, China wish to solve dispute together with Philippines through dialogue, promote a peaceful regional atmosphere that facilitates economic development, ultimate goal is prosperity for everyone, not bleeding. War is always the last option, I see far more and better options available at hand, only irresponsible politicians will run out of them.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why this very elementary concept seems to elude some people here but I'm going to give this a try.

Does the United States and the Philippines have a mutual defence pact with each other? Yes.

Then why isn't the United States preparing to go to war with China over it's blocking of Jackson Atoll? Well, besides the rather obvious reason that no sane country is going to declare war over the sending of ships to a nearly uninhabited atoll in an action that killed nor injured not one single person, the United States cannot go to war for the Philippines. We cannot invoke the provisions of the defence pact for them. If the Philippines does not feel this is a cause for active warfare with China, then it is their territorial claim and their call. America can't make it for them nor would we even take diplomatic action without consulting Manila first as the United States has no claims in the SCS, whatsoever.

God forbid it happens, but if China were to go to active war against the Philippines and Manila invokes the provisions of our treaty with them, then of course, the United States will honour it. China would be foolish to think that America would just stand by and watch them invade the Philippines. Indeed, it would not simply be us, but a host of countries in not only the region, but the world, that would quickly be arrayed against China's actions.

China wants to solve dispute with Philippines through dialogue. Like I said before, no war.
Of course the Philippines aren't going to declare war on China even if you 'supposedly' landed troops on a disputed island, they are in no condition to fight a war with China. So they have no choice but to sit and negotiate but in the end, when you already have your armed forces stationed on those disputed islands, making your intentions clear, whats there to negotiate eh? Nicely played. Great way to make friends.

My friend, this is why it was to the best Interest for India, all these years, to have remained strategically ambiguous to the United States. Cooperating wit Washington to suit your own national interest and agenda. Yet having the ability to cut cords when Washington requests policies that are antithetical to Delhi's strategem.

Manila could have learned from Delhi's policies, really. Rather, unfortunate as it is, have adopted a policy on trusting too much the 'good graces' of Washington.

Washington does not honor treaty alliances or geostrategic links. They can and will drop you like a hot potatoe when you no longer suit their agenda or benefit them. Case in point Saddam.

What you need to know about American foreign policy is this --- it is unilaterally pointed to their interest. They will collude with you , coax you, even sprinkle sweet words to rally you. Then watch as you jump into the abyss. And cutting the cord when you become too heavy.

My recommendation, bro, is to develop yourself, and do not, never , depend on others to defend you. Learn from the Philippines. Remain strategically ambiguous, and most of all, do not be too trusting of the Australians and the Americans. With one hand they will praise you, and with the other, encourage protesters and NGOs in your country. Then when you refuse, they will issue warnings of "islamic rise in Indonesia", or "terror threat in Indonesia".

Do not be naive.
Exactly, well put. Trusting Uncle Sam will be a disaster of magnificent proportions. US will only look after its own interest, it will not lose sweat if some other country gets whacked. Ukraine learnt it the hard way by losing significant chunk of land.

Would not be surprised if China drops a "monroe doctrine" on America :P. Welcome to the multipolar world.

China: Ships have left disputed Spratlys atoll

Headlines | Philstar Mobile

"Chinese vessels have left Quirino (Jackson) Atoll near Palawan after completing their mission to remove a grounded Filipino fishing vessel in the area"

Philippines may have tried to repeat their sneaky trick in 1999 on Second Thomas Shoal, by deliberately running aground a ship to Jackson Atoll then claiming sovereignty over it. This time, China acted decisively. They surrounded the area with the overwhelming force, then simply removed the grounded Filipino ship and left the area.

The most recent news about this incident is the said Filipino ship has sunk during towing.

Good job, China, for spoiling another Filipino plot. I wish China could have done the same in 1999 when Filipino took advantage of the situation of US bombing of Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, so we did not have to see this today:

f-spratlys-b-20150716.jpg

This time, China acted decisively. They surrounded the area with the overwhelming force, then simply removed the grounded Filipino ship and left the area.

The most recent news about this incident is the said Filipino ship has sunk during towing.

The Chinese security personnel are fulfilling their duties, very responsible moves. What needs to be done has to be done, like expressing claim on sovereignty. I equally respect the servicemen from Philippines side doing their assigned duty, despite our different or say opposite grounds.

Like many other disputes between two sovereign states, bilateral negotiation is the usual, most simple and efficient dispute-solving mechanism. Complicating the dispute doesn't help, and won't work. I am sure diplomatic channel is always open on the China side, wish the Philippines leadership can actively engage.

Last edited:
Good luck with that bro. We already being back stabbed by China in 1962

Bhai, you are blaming the wrong guy here. You should have blamed the Brits for the creation of the "McMahon Line" and your leader Nehru for his blunder in carrying out its "Forward Policy". We have been good friends prior. If we can resolve our borders we can once again chant out "Hindi Chini Bhai Bhai" on our loudspeakers. :cheers:

No international condemnation,where is Obama,where is Japan or the other countries?

What can Japan do against China? China is a giant. And as for the United States? They do not even have political clout or will to engage ISIS, a rag tag band of brigands in Syria/Iraq. What more against a Giant Power that is China, the 2nd largest economy in the world, and soon to eclipse that of the United States? LOL.

Nothing, my friend. No one can win a war with China, now, and expect to survive the storm.

Exactly Nihonjin san. Pakistan learnt from this the hard way and Japan is finally waking up.
Of all the countries you could have chosen, you chose the worst example.

US has gone all out to aid Pakistan. To the extent that they even sent their 7th Fleet against India in 1971 war.
That India outmaneuvered US by involving USSR among other things is a separate issue. On its part US did its utmost to save Pakistan.

Even after that, the only reason why Pakistan still exists today (though half its population and size as before) is because US threatened everyone - India and USSR - with massive war if India attacked the region what is currently Pakistan.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom