What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

State-Owned Firm Building High-Speed Cargo Trains
Country to soon have freight trains running at speeds of up to 250 kilometers an hour to go with its fleet of passenger bullet trains
  • 12.17.2015 18:23
  • By staff reporter Lu Bingyang
1450347785219959_480_320.jpg

(Beijing) – A state-owned company is building high-speed freight trains to run on tracks now carrying passenger-only bullet trains. The first super-fast freight train will roll off an assembly line in the first half of 2016, an executive at China Railway Rolling Stock Corp. Ltd. (CRRC) said.

The executive, who declined to be named, said the new freight trains are being modeled on existing bullet trains and assembled at CRRC's Tangshan Railway Vehicle Co. Ltd.

Each freight train will have fewer parts than a passenger bullet train and thus will cost less to manufacture, he said.

China Railway Corp. (CRC), the nation's railroad operator, started developing a freight bullet train in 2014 in cooperation with CRRC's predecessors, China CNR Corp. Ltd. and CSR Corp. Ltd., the executive said.

He said Yang Yudong, CRC's deputy general manager, toured the Tangshan plant on December 15.

The new train has been designed to haul cargo at speeds of up to 250 kph, a CRC employee said. The country's bullet trains can run at up to 350 kph.

The freight trains will be able to travel on some of the more than 16,000 kilometers of high-speed rail lines that crisscross China, transporting cargo such as e-commerce deliveries, but not bulk commodities such as coal, the person said.

Most freight trains follow rail lines designed only for low-speed travel. The nation's fastest freight trains, which were put into service starting late last year, can run up to 160 kph.

Demand for non-bulk cargo has been rising, spurring development of a high-speed freight train, the CRC employee said.

CRC trains hauled about 2.5 billion tons of goods in the first nine months of the year, down 11.4 percent from the same period in 2014, company data show. Non-bulk cargo tonnage rose 12.2 percent.

To meet this demand, last year the CRC deployed six express cargo trains running on four routes to carry non-bulk cargo. These trains can run at speeds of up to 120 kph.

The French have been running 160 kph freight trains since 1984. France and Germany unveiled freight trains that run at speeds of up to 300 kph in 2012.

(Rewritten by Guo Kai)
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.31.40.png

Faster and lighter
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.34.16.png

More spacious
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.38.17.png

Designed for high-speed rail platforms
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.34.51.png

Easy to load and unload
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.36.43.png

Designed for different volume
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.37.22.png

Door open to half of the length
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.32.21.png

Easy to handle by one worker
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 12.35.18.png

IMHO, I think the CRH380A is the best!

I had the good fortune of riding in one on my recent trip to China.

However, on my return journey, I was on CRH380C which isn't so nice.
CRH380A is China made, most comfortable and speedy.
German trains are not very good, especially quite costly on maintenance.
(CRH380B and CRH380C based on the original ICE, but much better than the original version)
Standardisation of Chinese high-speed railway is the key.
I am more anticipating the CRH350, the standardised trains, much more comfortable than any previous types!
DSC_6284.jpg
DSC_6405.jpg

@Echo_419 The campaign is still ongoing though without some official name like seventh or eighth.
屏幕快照 2015-12-22 18.01.22.png

屏幕快照 2015-12-22 18.01.28.png

Projects upgrading the existing railways are circled.
(Shanghai railway bureau)
155106xu5gq635fxzj5565.png

Orange:construction started before 2015 and completed before 2020
Green:construction started and completed between 2016 and 2020
Blue/Purple:construction started between 2016 and 2020 and completed after 2020

Shanghai Railway Bureau

(Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province and Anhui Province)
Part of the projects
1.jpg

Last edited:
(CRH380B and CRH380C based on the original ICE, but much better than the original version)
I am more anticipating the CRH350, the standardised trains, much more comfortable than any previous types!
View attachment 281312 View attachment 281313

@Echo_419 The campaign is still ongoing though without some official name like seventh or eighth.
View attachment 281315
View attachment 281316

Projects upgrading the existing railways are circled.
(Shanghai railway bureau)
View attachment 281317

Orange:construction started before 2015 and completed before 2020
Green:construction started and completed between 2016 and 2020
Blue/Purple:construction started between 2016 and 2020 and completed after 2020

Shanghai Railway Bureau

(Shanghai Municipality, Jiangsu Province, Zhejiang Province and Anhui Province)
Part of the projects
View attachment 281318

I remember you wrote a very good post on benefits of HSR & your own timeline of the speedup campaign. can you give me a link for that ?

:

Based on my limited experience, I can confirm that the CRH380A is much more comfortable and smoother than the CRH380C.

Wow! I didn't know that CRH380A is made in China.

It looks to me that China has made lots of progress in HSR.

Can we expect the standardised trains CRH350, would be equally good if not better than the CRH380 series?

Well done China. Keep up the good work!

I may be making another trip to China next year and will try to make another trip on the HSR again.

Based on my limited experience, I can confirm that the CRH380A is much more comfortable and smoother than the CRH380C.

Wow! I didn't know that CRH380A is made in China.

It looks to me that China has made lots of progress in HSR.

Can we expect the standardised trains CRH350, would be equally good if not better than the CRH380 series?

Well done China. Keep up the good work!

I may be making another trip to China next year and will try to make another trip on the HSR again.
I'm sure CRH350 will be better than CRH380A.
Yes, currently CRH380A is the best bullet train in China, and totally designed by Chinese engineers from CRRC.
It is said that CRH350 will have larger seat, and more importantly, easier and cheaper to be maintained.
DSC_6449.jpg
7c1fcccfjw1etou16bdz6j20rs0jdq9h.jpg
中国标准化动车组将于10点准时与大家见面!anytrain为大家送上一组长客标准化动车组停靠沈阳北的照片.jpg

I remember you wrote a very good post on benefits of HSR & your own timeline of the speedup campaign. can you give me a link for that ?
Sorry man, I can't remember where I post it.
But I can tell you the most important thing gained from such campaigns is expertise to build railways. Without such expertise, the following high-speed railway projects would have to rely on other countries. Chinese Railway is still upgrading those damn old railways now, it takes a long time. One thing great about those upgraded old railways is the price is super cheap! And the speed is fine, 160-250km/h.

I'm sure CRH350 will be better than CRH380A.
Yes, currently CRH380A is the best bullet train in China, and totally designed by Chinese engineers from CRRC.
It is said that CRH350 will have larger seat, and more importantly, easier and cheaper to be maintained.
View attachment 281360 View attachment 281362 View attachment 281363

Sorry man, I can't remember where I post it.
But I can tell you the most important thing gained from such campaigns is expertise to build railways. Without such expertise, the following high-speed railway projects would have to rely on other countries. Chinese Railway is still upgrading those damn old railways now, it takes a long time. One thing great about those upgraded old railways is the price is super cheap! And the speed is fine, 160-250km/h.

You should bookmark important threads started by you :enjoy:

I wonder which train China will give to Indonesian high speed rail. CRH380A or CRH350 standardised trains? Anyway, these CRH380A won't be replaced soon with these CRH350 trains right?

It's my top list CRH trains alongside CRH380D, CRH350-0207 and CRH350-0503 tbh :smitten:

I wonder which train China will give to Indonesian high speed rail. CRH380A or CRH350 standardised trains? Anyway, these CRH380A won't be replaced soon with these CRH350 trains right?

It's my top list CRH trains alongside CRH380D, CRH350-0207 and CRH350-0503 tbh :smitten:
I'm not sure about CRH380A or CH350, they are all too fast for Indonesian HSR, but they can be used.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about CRH380A or CH350, they are all too fast for Indonesian HSR, but they can be used.

Yeah.... since the government decided to lower the speed to 250km/h, i think it would be a waste to forced CRH380A and CRH350 standardised to run on that speed. But i just hope to see those fantastic trains to run on here soon:laughcry: lol

At least CRH380B and CRH380CL are better than TGV xD

Chinese premier congratulates Serbia on launch of joint railway project
2015-12-24 01:02:30 | Editor: huaxia

BEIJING, Dec. 23 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Wednesday sent a congratulatory message to Serbia on the start of a joint railway project in the Balkan country.

In the message, Li said the start of construction of the Serbia-Hungary railway, a flagship project between China and the two countries, indicated that their trilateral cooperation has taken an important step forward.

It also showed that the pragmatic cooperation between China and Central and Eastern European countries has seen a new start, he added.

China is willing to join hands with Serbia and Hungary to ensure the completion of the project as scheduled and open the railway to traffic as soon as possible, Li said.

The premier expressed his belief that the railway will not only boost infrastructure construction and interconnectivity in the region, but also enhance the European integration process, better dovetail the development strategies of China and Europe as well as deepen China-Europe reciprocal and win-win cooperation in production capacity, investment and other areas.

Addressing a ceremony of starting the project, Serbian Prime Minister Aleksandar Vucic expressed thanks for the arduous efforts made by both Chinese and Serbian teams to push ahead the Hungary-Serbia railway project, saying the startup of the project is another breakthrough in pragmatic cooperation between Serbia and China.

It also fully manifests the further enhancement of the strategic partnership between the two countries, Vucic said.

The Hungary-Serbia railway significantly brings Serbia closer to the central zones of Europe, and will help build Serbia into a regional pivot of transportation and logistics, Vucic said.

Serbia stands ready to work together with China to ensure the opening of the Hungary-Serbia railway in 2018.

China is also developing a CRH250 version of the CRH350.

Indonesia should go for the new CRH250.

Anyway, China will provide what best suits Indonesia.

China is also developing a CRH250 version of the CRH350.

Indonesia should go for the new CRH250.

Anyway, China will provide what best suits Indonesia.

CRH250? Anyone have the pictures? Umm i'm a bit confused since there are many type of trains which running on 250km/h. :)

Back
Top Bottom