What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

Dude, are you like a railway consultant or something?

You travel way too much!
Haha, for this week I travel to different cities in Hubei and Hunan province to visit my relatives, haven't seen them for a year. But every night I will come back to Wuhan.

I wish I could work for Chinese railway, really. In my next life, I will be an HSR driver!

Last edited:
Haha, for this week I travel to different cities in Hubei and Hunan province to visit my relatives, haven't seen them for a year. But every night I will come back to Wuhan.

I wish I could work for Chinese railway, really. In my next life, I will be an HSR driver!

You believe in next life?
I thought Chinese are atheists.

We Chinese eat everyday so we think Chinese foods are the best in this world.
One can do something then one's product should and must be the best.That's our logic.

What are you trying to say?

Hangzhou Railway Station South

hangzhousouthrailstation.jpg

Completion date:30.06.2017

Hangzhou Railway Station South

View attachment 218919

Completion date:30.06.2017
Another station in Hangzhou? New Hangzhou East is great, old Hangzhou should be rebuilt. When several new lines are finished during 13th 5-year plan, existing stations will be all over-loaded.

In Wuhan, we have three main stations and several small intercity stations but all already in full use. Another Optic Valley Intercity Station is being built and we are planning a double-layer gigantic Wuhan West, which will be in line with the project of China-France eco-city in Wuhan.

1, New Wuhan, opened in 2009 ( Beijing-Wuhan-Shenzhen HSR, Wuhan-Jiujiang HSR, Wuhan Intercity HSR)
2, Hankou Station, opened in 1903, rebuilt and enlarged in 2010 ( Shanghai-Wuhan-Chengdu HSR, slow trains bound for north)
3, Wuchang Station, opened in 1957, rebuilt in 2007 ( Wuhan Intercity HSR, slow trains bound for south)

Wuhan Station
The design was inspired by the yellow crane, the symbol of Wuhan City. The distinctive roof is intended to resemble the crane's wings, and is based on a sine curve. The building consists of nine separated parts, symbolizing China's nine provinces, plus a central thoroughfare.
屏幕快照 2015-05-06 21.47.47.png

屏幕快照 2015-05-06 23.36.54.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-06 23.38.25.png

Hankou Station
similar european design compared to the historical Hankou Station in 1900s
the only remaining european style in Southern China
屏幕快照 2015-05-06 21.50.33.png

屏幕快照 2015-05-06 22.40.27.png

Wuchang Railway Station
unique Chu-Kingdom style (Chu Kingdom, conquered by Qin in 223BC)
屏幕快照 2015-05-06 22.43.47.png

94abbf096b63f624855afe738644ebf81b4ca3f4.jpg

@Shotgunner51 @cirr @TaiShang @Yizhi @Keel @onebyone @Beast et al
When you buy train ticket to Wuhan (welcome to transfer in Wuhan btw:-), which in the very centre of China and offers many choices), APP will automatically equal Wuhan to Wuhan/Hankou/Wuchang. No worries, they are all in Wuhan, well-connected by Metro Line2/4.

The most embarrassing moment was before Wuhan Station was opened in 2009

A : One ticket to Wuhan.

Staff: Train number $%# to Hankou is available.
A: I need a ticket to Wuhan!:flame:
Staff: Yes, to Hankou!:flame:

A: Well, forget about it, I'll go to the bus station.:cry:

Wuhan HSR Network
屏幕快照 2015-05-06 23.30.56.png

Beijing-Wuhan-Guangzhou HSR
Shanghai-Wuhan-Chengdu HSR
Wuhan-Jiujiang HSR (upgraded old line)
Wuhan-Shiyan HSR (upgraded old line)
Wuhan-Xianning Intercity HSR
Wuhan-Daye Intercity HSR
Wuhan-Huangshi Intercity HSR

Last edited:
'Strong tail wind' to aid export push
May 07, 2015

FOREIGN201505070724000373353209955.jpg

(File Photo)
State Council pledges support for sales of trains, electricity plants and otherheavy equipment

Renewed efforts are to be made to help Chinese-made railways, electricity plants andother large-scale infrastructure equipment to go global and increase internationalcooperation over production capacity, the State Council said on Wednesday.

The government will "give a strong tail wind to send equipment and production capacityoverseas", said a statement issued after the weekly executive meeting presided over byPremier Li Keqiang.

The move was described as "pushing for upgrading of development by expanding opening-up".

The meeting decided to focus on fields where China has an advantage, including therailway, electricity and telecom sectors, building materials and construction machinery.The initiative is intended to meet the needs of a number of regions, especially the nationsalong the Silk Road Economic Belt and the 21st Century Maritime Silk Road. Companieswere urged to use cooperation over investment, construction and technology to driveexports and build up the image of Chinese equipment.

Officials at the meeting said related services such as upgrades and maintenance should besupplied to overseas customers along with equipment. The government will explore waysto use foreign exchange reserves, improve export credit insurance and build up a trans-border renminbi payment system to facilitate equipment exports.

Enterprises and financing institutions were encouraged to issue stocks and bonds to raisemoney at home and abroad.

The statement said the officials agreed that promoting exports and cooperation overproduction capacity will help Chinese companies to grow stronger and achieve a target of"quality imports and quality exports".

Li has promoted Chinese equipment and cooperation over production capacity since takingoffice in 2013, and a series of major deals involving sectors such as high-speed trains havebeen signed.

The premier first used the term "quality imports and quality exports" on April 3.

Chen Fengying, director of the World Economy Institute at the China Institutes ofContemporary International Relations, said the policies reflect a strategic change in thecountry's approach to foreign trade.

"We have entered another phase. The international market can no longer provide enoughorders for our low-end products, while domestic labor cost keeps rising," Chen said.

According to Customs figures, China's exports fell by 6 percent in the first quarter.

However, exports of some high-end products rose significantly. Transportation and mobilephone exports surged by more than 20 percent.

Ding Jianchen, a professor at the School of Banking and Finance at the University ofInternational Business and Economics, said the new international focus will help to alleviatedownward pressure on the economy and generate increased revenues.

The executive meeting also decided to further streamline administration and delegatepower to lower levels, and it approved plans for a pilot program that will give tax benefitsto people buying commercial health insurance.

Summer is coming!
Attendants on Chinese bullet trains are called 动姐(CRH sisters).
Now, they have already thrown away winter uniforms and put on their summer edition!

A special collection from my photos around Wuhan, enjoy!
@powastick @Nihonjin1051 @Gufi @Rajaraja Chola @ahojunk et al

Winter uniform
屏幕快照 2015-05-07 14.59.03.png

NOW
屏幕快照 2015-05-07 14.52.26.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-07 14.52.50.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-07 14.57.33.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-07 14.54.01.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-07 14.53.34.png
屏幕快照 2015-05-07 14.54.47.png

Last edited:
China's most beautiful HSR to cut travel time bet. Xiamen & Wuyishan
Updated: 02 May 2015

The Hefei-Fuzhou (Hefu) High-speed Railway is scheduled to be put into operation before July 1st this year. It is billed as the most beautiful high-speed railway in China as many scenic spots are scattered along the 800-kilometer railway.

The high-speed railway, with a designed speed of 350 kilometers per hour, is expected to cut the travel time between Xiamen and Wuyishan to about 4 hours.

Wuyishan

It is expected to take about 4 hours to Wuyuan in Jiangxi Province and about 4 hours and 30 minutes to Mount Huang in Anhui Province after the Hefu High-speed Railway is put into operation.

Wuyuan in Jiangxi Province

Mount Huang in Anhui Province

According to reports, a total of 49 pairs of high-speed trains will be added on the Hefu High-speed Railway. Of which, three of them will link Xiamen North Railway Station and Beijing South Railway Station with the G322/3, G324/5 and G326/1 trains.

A high-speed railway route between Xiamen and Beijing was launched last July, which shortened travel time between the two cities by 15 hours, and the travel time is expected to be reduced by 2 hours to about 10 hours 39 minutes and 11 hours 17 minutes, depending on the route.

The current Xiamen-Beijing high-speed railway route G166 will be suspended after the launch of the Hefu High-speed Railway, and the ticket price for a second-class seat on the new high-speed railway is estimated at about 860 yuan.

A route linking Xiamen and Qingdao will also be opened for the first time, with a travel time of 12.5 hours and a designated 960 passengers and staff.

The Hefu High-speed Railway is the 4th double-line electric railway with a designed speed of 350 kilometers per hour in China. With a total length of 800 kilometers, the Hefu High-speed Railway will start from the South Hefei Station and make stops at the Changlinhe Station, the Chaohu Station, the Wuwei Station, the North Tongling Station, the Nanling Station, the Jingxian Station, the Shengde Station, the North Jixi Station, the North Huangshan Station, the Maoyuan Station, the Dexing Station, the Shangrao Station, the Wufushan Station, the North Wuyishan Staion (Wuyishan City), the East Wuyishan Station (Jianyang City), the West Jian’ou Station, the North Nanping Station (Yanping District), the North Gutian Station, the East Yuqing Station, and finally arrive at the Fuzhou Station.

China's most beautiful HSR to cut travel time bet. Xiamen & Wuyishan
Updated: 02 May 2015

The Hefei-Fuzhou (Hefu) High-speed Railway is scheduled to be put into operation before July 1st this year. It is billed as the most beautiful high-speed railway in China as many scenic spots are scattered along the 800-kilometer railway.

The high-speed railway, with a designed speed of 350 kilometers per hour, is expected to cut the travel time between Xiamen and Wuyishan to about 4 hours.

Wuyishan

It is expected to take about 4 hours to Wuyuan in Jiangxi Province and about 4 hours and 30 minutes to Mount Huang in Anhui Province after the Hefu High-speed Railway is put into operation.

Wuyuan in Jiangxi Province

Mount Huang in Anhui Province

According to reports, a total of 49 pairs of high-speed trains will be added on the Hefu High-speed Railway. Of which, three of them will link Xiamen North Railway Station and Beijing South Railway Station with the G322/3, G324/5 and G326/1 trains.

A high-speed railway route between Xiamen and Beijing was launched last July, which shortened travel time between the two cities by 15 hours, and the travel time is expected to be reduced by 2 hours to about 10 hours 39 minutes and 11 hours 17 minutes, depending on the route.

The current Xiamen-Beijing high-speed railway route G166 will be suspended after the launch of the Hefu High-speed Railway, and the ticket price for a second-class seat on the new high-speed railway is estimated at about 860 yuan.

A route linking Xiamen and Qingdao will also be opened for the first time, with a travel time of 12.5 hours and a designated 960 passengers and staff.

The Hefu High-speed Railway is the 4th double-line electric railway with a designed speed of 350 kilometers per hour in China. With a total length of 800 kilometers, the Hefu High-speed Railway will start from the South Hefei Station and make stops at the Changlinhe Station, the Chaohu Station, the Wuwei Station, the North Tongling Station, the Nanling Station, the Jingxian Station, the Shengde Station, the North Jixi Station, the North Huangshan Station, the Maoyuan Station, the Dexing Station, the Shangrao Station, the Wufushan Station, the North Wuyishan Staion (Wuyishan City), the East Wuyishan Station (Jianyang City), the West Jian’ou Station, the North Nanping Station (Yanping District), the North Gutian Station, the East Yuqing Station, and finally arrive at the Fuzhou Station.
When it is open, I'll take a circle HSR ride in one day: Wuhan-Hefei-Shangrao-Nanchang-Wuhan.

China railway giant rolls out e-commerce service
May 13, 2015

China Railway launched its e-commerce website, 95306.cn, Wednesday.

The website offers services including freight logistics and bulk commodity trade. It aims to establish itself as a platform for business information exchange and product exposure.

Users can track orders, as well as trade and send 13 bulk commodities including coal and steel. The website will also help promote smaller products with online marketing and customer service support.

The website is the direct result of the government's "Internet Plus" plan to upgrade traditional services.

Another China Railway website, 12306.cn, passenger train information and ticket services, and will be linked to 95306.cn for user convenience.

China railway giant rolls out e-commerce service
May 13, 2015

China Railway launched its e-commerce website, 95306.cn, Wednesday.

The website offers services including freight logistics and bulk commodity trade. It aims to establish itself as a platform for business information exchange and product exposure.

Users can track orders, as well as trade and send 13 bulk commodities including coal and steel. The website will also help promote smaller products with online marketing and customer service support.

The website is the direct result of the government's "Internet Plus" plan to upgrade traditional services.

Another China Railway website, 12306.cn, passenger train information and ticket services, and will be linked to 95306.cn for user convenience.
12306.cn is super convenient for us, now we can buy tickets 30 minutes before departure time and pay the bill with Alipay. At last, print the ticket with TVM or no need to print it, just use 2nd-generation ID card to check in and check out.
Now I am in Enshi Railway Station, heading towards Chongqing.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1431579092.499641.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1431579146.443904.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1431579062.435643.jpg

ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1431579182.777543.jpg

Leaving Enshi on time.
Full version of Wuhan-Enshi CRH trip tonight!

12306.cn is super convenient for us, now we can buy tickets 30 minutes before departure time and pay the bill with Alipay. At last, print the ticket with TVM or no need to print it, just use 2nd-generation ID card to check in and check out.
Now I am in Enshi Railway Station, heading towards Chongqing.
View attachment 221115

View attachment 221116

View attachment 221114

View attachment 221117
Leaving Enshi on time.
Full version of Wuhan-Enshi CRH trip tonight!

Great development :china::-)

And have a nice time travelling at the moment :)

A quick question here:

What is the postponement and cancellation policy? Any time limit to postpone or cancel a ticket as well as the policy for refund?

As far as I can tell, the more flexible the system is made, the better the customer experience.

Great development :china::-)

And have a nice time travelling at the moment :)

A quick question here:

What is the postponement and cancellation policy? Any time limit to postpone or cancel a ticket as well as the policy for refund?

As far as I can tell, the more flexible the system is made, the better the customer experience.
One can change a ticket 30 minutes before departure(with app). If u miss your train, you can also change to another train(only at the station ticket office). Changing ticket requires no extra fee, and u can also change from one class to another.

If u cancel your ticket within 24hours, you will lose 25%(or 20% I can't remember) of ticket fare. With app, one can buy, change or cancel any ticket 30 minutes ahead of departure time.

That 30 minutes is much better than previous two hours. If u buy a train which will leave within two hours, you have to pay the bill in ten minutes.

Last edited:
One can change a ticket 30 minutes before departure(with app). If u miss your train, you can also change to another train(only at the station ticket office). Changing ticket requires no extra fee, and u can also change from one class to another.

If u cancel your ticket within 24hours, you will lose 25%(or 20% I can't remember) of ticket fare. With app, one can buy, change or cancel any ticket 30 minutes ahead of departure time.

That 30 minutes is much better than previous two hours. If u buy a train which will leave within two hours, you have to pay the bill in ten minutes.

Nice policy. How often do you travel by HSR Andrew ?

Excellent. Thank you.

As a side note, it might be prudent to ignore the troll above. You know how the level goes down when one engages that particular being.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom