What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

Although the protesters failed to develop a clear, comprehensive political agenda other than throwing out some abstract ideas such as democracy (which could come in any form) and freedom, at the core of their demand, as it seems, lays the desire to elect their chief with no direct/indirect intervention from Beijing.

I did not hear or read them chanting: "We are hungry; cannot feed our kids," or "we need public housing and affordable education," or "we want universal healthcare," etc. Their protest is of geopolitical nature given that they demand Beijing to hand off Hong Kong.

Essentially, they question and challenge Beijing's sovereignty over Hong Kong. You can simply deny the central government to cast off all the political control over a province. Beijing is a highly decentralized capital already with central government enjoying greater say over their immediate affairs, granting more than that may lead to de facto separatism.

As a province of China, Hong Kong will have to be content with whether they indirectly elect their chief or Beijing simply appoints a governor. But, today, a certain group of Hong Kong residents seems to enjoy a degree of autonomy that they do not deserve at all.

This One Country Two Systems model is a farce, in my view. Just repeal it step by step and the problem is solved. To begin with, China should have a full control over Hong Kong's immigration matters. The immigration laws and procedures must be unified with the rest of the country.
Time to clean house and get rid of foreigners who are really spies sowing seeds od discord

Time to clean house and get rid of foreigners who are really spies sowing seeds od discord

Indeed. That's basically why I would like to see all the immigration control privileges of Hong Kong to be relegated back to China.

The movement is legal. Or the govt is powerless. or both

More like, the movement is powerless and has fizzled out. Or the government is so powerful they literally didn't have to spend a single penny before the movement died on its own. Or both.

Indeed. That's basically why I would like to see all the immigration control privileges of Hong Kong to be relegated back to China.
I'm just surprised China allow HK the freedom to dictate immigration. :crazy:

I'm just surprised China allow HK the freedom to dictate immigration. :crazy:

If nothing else, that sort of compromises China's sovereignty. If China controls HK's immigration system, it can also control who gets in and out. Then it is easier to weed out the undesirables such as Indians and other Western types that showed up as provocateurs during the protests.

OC-TS is a farce, I repeat. It must be reformed drastically.

Nice people act gently. And you call that movement died.

Protests have been going on in Hong Kong for some time now over allegations that the Chinese government is subverting democracy. According to the media working class people have taken to the streets demanding an end to this unfair practice. The reality of the situation is more complicated than the Western media is making it look.

Those stupid protesters damage the interest of the majority HK people .

Those cocks have a fantasy that HK people are sufferring a horriable life and they will get great respone once they start to protest.

The majority people can not tolerate those cockes just 1 week later after they start to protest.

We even do not need police,normal civilians already start to beat up your so called gentle protesters hardly.

There were 100,000 protesters at the peak of the movement. Now there are a few hundred. The movement's dead. Even Western media outlets are admitting as much. Only in deluded Vietnam would an utter and catastrophic defeat be spun as a victory.

Speaking of Vietnam....we are all touched that you, a Viet, have that "support Hong Kong democracy" ribbon as your avatar. China cherishes it's one country, two systems arrangement where Hong Kongers are allowed to protest peacefully. That's why the central government in Beijing didn't do anything when those Hong Kong kids protested, as misled as they were. The Chinese government appreciates your support as well.

I wonder though, why don't you support Vietnamese democracy? Why do you hate your own country so much that you're willing to struggle for democracy in Hong Kong while the Vietnamese people are slave coolies under a corrupt Commie dictatorship with low living standards and the most malnourished children in SE Asia? Why don't you care that your own people are ruled by a cowardly government that can't even defend their territorial waters against an unarmed Chinese oil rig?

Why do you hate your own country, Vietnam so much that you don't care about your oppressed brothers and sisters? Don't Vietnamese people deserve democracy?:pop:

They will trie the same crap they did in Lybia,Syria and now Ukraine. When China uses police they will try to shoot on police and demonstrants to start violance in same manner like they did in the countries whch already listed. USrael brings only pain,slavery and wars.

Good question: Since when the students and the elites are on the same page?

Those stupid protesters damage the interest of the majority HK people .

Those cocks have a fantasy that HK people are sufferring a horriable life and they will get great respone once they start to protest.

The majority people can not tolerate those cockes just 1 week later after they start to protest.

We even do not need police,normal civilians already start to beat up your so called gentle protesters hardly.

Do you live their life? Are you a HKer ? Not? then you are in different system from theirs.

There were 100,000 protesters at the peak of the movement. Now there are a few hundred. The movement's dead. Even Western media outlets are admitting as much. Only in deluded Vietnam would an utter and catastrophic defeat be spun as a victory.

Speaking of Vietnam....we are all touched that you, a Viet, have that "support Hong Kong democracy" ribbon as your avatar. China cherishes it's one country, two systems arrangement where Hong Kongers are allowed to protest peacefully. That's why the central government in Beijing didn't do anything when those Hong Kong kids protested, as misled as they were. The Chinese government appreciates your support as well.

I wonder though, why don't you support Vietnamese democracy? Why do you hate your own country so much that you're willing to struggle for democracy in Hong Kong while the Vietnamese people are slave coolies under a corrupt Commie dictatorship with low living standards and the most malnourished children in SE Asia? Why don't you care that your own people are ruled by a cowardly government that can't even defend their territorial waters against an unarmed Chinese oil rig?

Why do you hate your own country, Vietnam so much that you don't care about your oppressed brothers and sisters? Don't Vietnamese people deserve democracy?:pop:

I support Vietnamese democracy too. Our congressman hurry up to approve the protest right at this moment. Let congrat

Do you live their life? Are you a HKer ? Not? then you are in different system from theirs.
I do not need to be a HKer.

The majority HK people's action already tells me they do not like those protesters.

If they really do not have a good life , they will join the protest team but not beat up those protesters hardly

I do not need to be a HKer.

The majority HK people's action already tells me they do not like those protesters.

If they really do not have a good life , they will join the protest team but not beat up those protesters hardly

Do you mean anti-protest ? Several of them funded by China central govt.
Without revolution, you know, there's no PRC.

Do you mean anti-protest ? Several of them funded by China central govt.
Without revolution, you know, there's no PRC.
Yeah , now you are the Snowdon, you know the anti-protest is funded by China .

Can you tell me are the protesters funded by US or some other GOV ?

How many anti-protesters ? Are they all funded by CN GV ?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom