What's new

China Has Been Inflating Its Exports Numbers All Year, In Some Cases Doubli

Faking the numbers is possible, When you pour in all the stats and try to estimate the GDP based on that you can manipulate them easily.

So do you have any evidence for your accusation? You remind me of Gordon Chang

LOL, this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. :lol:

You CAN'T FAKE EXPORT NUMBERS, because the other countries that are importing the products can double-check their own figures instantly.

Even someone with an IQ of 80 (borderline mental retardation) can understand such a simple concept.

Actually, you have it other way around.Its more like a person with an IQ of 80 is the only person who wouldnt believe this news.

Its like saying china doesnt spy on other nations or china doesnt steal trade and military secretes.Its called IN-DENIAL.

I have an article which implies to that fact

Please go through post #11 of mine.

And the article use the difference between estimated value vs reported value as the problem of GDP numbers. It only show that estimate of GDP is not accurate as its different from the reported value.

Let me make my previous question easier for you to understand: Do you believe the Chinese economy is bigger or smaller than Japan's economy considering the latter's Nominal GDP has almost reached the $6 trillion mark?

It's not a trick question but if you're still struggling, maybe other knowledgeable Indian members can help you out here.

This is stupid. Its like im asking you your name and your saying i go to humpty dumpty college.

Actually, you have it other way around.Its more like a person with an IQ of 80 is the only person who wouldnt believe this news.

Its like saying china doesnt spy on other nations or china doesnt steal trade and military secretes.Its called IN-DENIAL.

Not really. People that believe in these nonsense are low IQ people that's borderline mental retardation. There is a group of people that fit this bill.

Cooked books and data from China - what else is new? - most of their data is manipulated.

it is a matter of QEs in the world and the interest rate differentials

Nothing to be alarmed for. Take it easy!

Wishful illogical Indian nonsense thread. Chinese dragon is generous labeling them as 'borderline' retardation', I would rather call them retards straight out. The logic of one country's export being another country's import is simply too hard for some to grasp.

Bro,

You are trying to "over-think" this from the actual goods being exported.

Please do not let your CPU overheat on this.

The loopholes are not about a chair exported to HK, and then being sent back to mainland.
No Siree.
The loopholes are in the bank statements and in the LC papers.
peace

Reporters who interviewed traders of electronic devices and equipment in Guangdong found most companies to have a pessimistic view of the market. Citing trade index analyst Zheng Qun, the report said many manufacturers in the electrical appliance sector complained of a recession during the first quarter of the year.

The phenomenon suggested that exports have not really risen but rather that figures had been inflated, likely due to the fact that local officials were told to maintain export growth figures amid the global slowdown Link

I know this isn't about chairs, it's about hiding the true state. If it's bank statements and LC papers only (which it's not-there's more) it's still fraud.
It is showing inflated numbers out of some motive (which is ruling onward-remember CCP looses legitimacy if the process of growth comes to a halt) and if there are actual chairs or not is irelevant. The CCP is paying (subsidizing) actual real money (not money on paper) for this in the form of export tax rebate which is the loophole you talk about. In effect it is pumping money in for fraud.
It is an issue of short term gain-long time pain.
Short term gain in this case would be continuation of the present status ie. business as usual-if life is relatively good people are content with the government. This is called buying social peace.
Long term pain you can deduce from the actual sum of this tax rebate, which is 160 bill.$ in 2012. The rise from 2011 was almost 12%, in contrast to the rise of exports in 2012 which was 7.9%. Another discrepancy if we assume that the difference of 4% was not covered by new companies filing for the rebate or existing companies filing more applications.

The text below is what i originally quoted you on:

However spreading rumors that Chinese government is inflating numbers is just plain wrong.

I provided you with information that says government officials in contrast to your words are cooking up the books in the order of approximately 1 trillion $ a year. There's also a wikileaks file where the now premier Li Keqiang says the official figures are artificial. I can also find articles about on paper full warehouses that turned to be empty upon inspection all in an effort to up the numbers.

And the article use the difference between estimated value vs reported value as the problem of GDP numbers. It only show that estimate of GDP is not accurate as its different from the reported value.

In fact, in 2007, Li Keqiang, then-party secretary of Liaoning and now soon-to-be premier, said that GDP statistics were “for reference only” and “man-made,” and that for his purposes, he preferred to look at electricity consumption, rail cargo volume, and loan disbursements. He did not say this publically–rather, his statements (reflecting what many officials surely believe) came to light in 2010 in a U.S. government cable released by Wikileaks.

The Curious Case of China’s GDP Figures | China Power

Shows that Chinese do manipulate the stats and the GDP figures coming from China are misleading.

In fact, in 2007, Li Keqiang, then-party secretary of Liaoning and now soon-to-be premier, said that GDP statistics were “for reference only” and “man-made,” and that for his purposes, he preferred to look at electricity consumption, rail cargo volume, and loan disbursements. He did not say this publically–rather, his statements (reflecting what many officials surely believe) came to light in 2010 in a U.S. government cable released by Wikileaks.

The Curious Case of China’s GDP Figures | China Power

Shows that Chinese do manipulate the stats and the GDP figures coming from China are misleading.

Arguing here dose not change any reality. Look at the life level of common people in india and the average income, you will know there is a very huge gap between china and india. Any this kind report is sh@@@t, nothing else, indian and western authors have started to write this kind report since 15 year before, they dream china falls every day, but we are still stay strong and become better and better.

Back
Top Bottom