What's new

China Expressways, Highways: News & Discussions

Hubei has one the best natural scenery, from Taoist mountains, Three Gorges, to Enshi Grand Canyan and Shenlongjia Forest! We have ancient city like Jingzhou dating back to Three Kingdom Era and modern metropolis Wuhan which has higher per capita GDP compared to Shanghai. :enjoy:

Concerning infra, the theme of this thread, our expressways rank top5 in terms of length (6200km by 2015) and we ONCE had the highest bridge in the world.:enjoy: We are also at the centre of China's HSR network, Hubei rocks!

Hubei Province

Ah I recognized that poem from Li Bai.

The railway that passes through Thailand is unfortunately not going to be 350 kph. To reduce costs, the Thais are only looking at 250 kph. I hope the rail that traverses peninsula Malaysia (to/from Singapore) is 350 kph.

The SG-KL railway is highly likely to be around 350 kph. Both authorities said the time from KL to SG needs to be around 90 minutes to compete with air travel. The distance is 320-340 km. So with check in/out time and acceleration/deceleration, the railway's top travelling speed needs be around 350 kph for 90 minutes travelling time.

Ah I recognized that poem from Li Bai.
Yep, every student in China can recite that poem written nearly 1400 years ago.

These two poems on Yellow Crane Tower are the most popular among Chinese today.
The first one is part of Chinese curriculum in junior middle school,
the second one, less famous, in preliminary school.

i vividly remembered during my high school entrance exam, I was required to write down some of the verses of the first one, written by Tang Dynasty poet Cui Hao.
Piece of cake la!
屏幕快照 2016-06-19 20.38.56.png

Though required to recite in school,
most kids actually start to learn these two poems in kindergarten, especially in Wuhan!

12.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
1222212.jpg
4r.jpg

[USER=164286]@Bussard Ramjet[/USER] @ChineseTiger1986 @hexagonsnow @ahojunk

333.jpg

@Mista

Last edited:
Lol, China is really leading the US on a leash. This is just the beginning, we just need to wait for a decade or two and the US would be crawling on its knees.

Construction of HK-Zhuhai-Macao bridge making progress
CRI, June 20, 2016

Experts say construction of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2017.

7427ea210acc18d18b2606.jpg
An illustration picture of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge. [Photo: hzmb.hk]

Starting from the Lantau Island in Hong Kong, the Y-shaped bridge will have a total length of about 55 km, including a 6.7 km underwater tunnel and a 23-km bridge over the sea, making it the longest cross-sea bridge in the world.

The bridge will serve as an important channel linking Hong Kong, Macao, Zhuhai and the western part of the Pearl River Delta, one of the most economically-developed areas in the Chinese mainland.

Chief engineer of the Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macao Bridge Administration, Su Quanke, is confident the project will be finished on time.

"We are making smooth progress. There are only hundreds of meters of the 23-km bridge to be completed. We will make the final connection in the first quarter next year and once it's done, the tunnel and bridge will be ready to open."

Chief designer of the bridge, Meng Fanchao, says the final route of the bridge was finalized after taking into consideration of a number of factors.

"We solicited advice of experts from various fields including environmental protection, navigation, hydrology, aviation, social economy, bridge engineering, engineering technology and weather. We selected the route out of the final dozen proposals after scientific appraisals."

Construction of the bridge started in 2009 at a cost of some 10 billion yuan or 1.5 billion US dollars.

Once in operation, the bridge will shorten the four-hour drive from Hong Kong to Zhuhai in Guangdong to half an hour.

Construction of HK-Zhuhai-Macao bridge making progress
CRI, June 20, 2016

Experts say construction of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge is expected to be completed in the fourth quarter of 2017.

7427ea210acc18d18b2606.jpg
An illustration picture of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge. [Photo: hzmb.hk]

Starting from the Lantau Island in Hong Kong, the Y-shaped bridge will have a total length of about 55 km, including a 6.7 km underwater tunnel and a 23-km bridge over the sea, making it the longest cross-sea bridge in the world.

The bridge will serve as an important channel linking Hong Kong, Macao, Zhuhai and the western part of the Pearl River Delta, one of the most economically-developed areas in the Chinese mainland.

Chief engineer of the Hong Kong–Zhuhai–Macao Bridge Administration, Su Quanke, is confident the project will be finished on time.

"We are making smooth progress. There are only hundreds of meters of the 23-km bridge to be completed. We will make the final connection in the first quarter next year and once it's done, the tunnel and bridge will be ready to open."

Chief designer of the bridge, Meng Fanchao, says the final route of the bridge was finalized after taking into consideration of a number of factors.

"We solicited advice of experts from various fields including environmental protection, navigation, hydrology, aviation, social economy, bridge engineering, engineering technology and weather. We selected the route out of the final dozen proposals after scientific appraisals."

Construction of the bridge started in 2009 at a cost of some 10 billion yuan or 1.5 billion US dollars.

Once in operation, the bridge will shorten the four-hour drive from Hong Kong to Zhuhai in Guangdong to half an hour.
:enjoy:

Documentary about this crazy bridge!

1111.jpg

@cirr @Mista @Bussard Ramjet @Chinese-Dragon @Hu Songshan

From 20:00, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao expressway bridge, 50km!!!

Ultimately, this bridge will be one section of
2300km-long G4 Beijing–Hong Kong–Macau Expressway & 456km-long G94 Pearl River Delta Ring Expressway
354px-China_Expwy_G4_sign_with_name.svg.png
354px-China_Expwy_G94_sign_with_name.svg.png

800px-Map_of_China_NTHS_Expressway_G4.png

However, a parallel Beijing-HK expressway is in urgent need!!!
G4 National Expressway is one of the most deadly expressways in China due to too many trucks!
The daily traffic volume on Hunan & Guangdong section has already reached double of the designed volumn since 2007. Local economy and logistics is being considerably dragged down by lack of efficient transport!

A new 2000+km long parallel expressway must finish construction during the 1st-2nd year of the 13th 5 year plan period!

011415101432_630x0.jpg

Save your life, stay away from trucks!
222131.jpg

222131.jpg

Good news is that Hunan province section will be inaugurated in September 2016

http://news.163.com/16/0505/09/BM9RKO2B00014AEE.html
21.jpg

But, six-lanes?! Are u kidding me?! :frown:
@JSCh
Then gonna build a third one in 2020....
It's OK to just build 4 or 6 lanes in low-density regions....But for Beijing-HK corridor, definitely need at least 12 lanes

Last edited:
Yep, every student in China can recite that poem written nearly 1400 years ago.

These two poems on Yellow Crane Tower are the most popular among Chinese today.
The first one is part of Chinese curriculum in junior middle school,
the second one, less famous, in preliminary school.

i vividly remembered during my high school entrance exam, I was required to write down some of the verses of the first one, written by Tang Dynasty poet Cui Hao.
Piece of cake la!
View attachment 311627
Though required to recite in school,
most kids actually start to learn these two poems in kindergarten, especially in Wuhan!

View attachment 311632 View attachment 311631 View attachment 311634 View attachment 311633 View attachment 311630
[USER=164286]@Bussard Ramjet[/USER] @ChineseTiger1986 @hexagonsnow @ahojunk

View attachment 311629
@Mista

Li Bai's poem must be recited in Cantonese as it sounds better

Lol, China is really leading the US on a leash. This is just the beginning, we just need to wait for a decade or two and the US would be crawling on its knees.

On a leash or not:lol:, the US definitely needs to spend tens of trillions on its aging infrastructure.

I hope they do it out of their own pocket.

Start saving, boys and girls. :D

On a leash or not:lol:, the US definitely needs to spend tens of trillions on its aging infrastructure.

But now their priority should be the wall building and asking their puppets to pay money for the deaths of their soldiers.

It's no surprise when they start to court countries like India and Vietnam just to contain China's rise.
Lol, Americans! :rofl:
US is completely filled by these East Indians which have already started it's decline. Good job, Indians!
I thank Indians from the bottom of my heart. :laugh:

Doesnt Chu kingdom speak Cantonese?
How dare you!!!:frown:
Heard of those narratives in Peking Opera?
That was the predominant dialect of former Chu Kingdom in late 19th to early 20th century.

Chu Kingdom was the most romantic!

Dragon Boat Festival is to memorise our Chu Kingdom's most patriotic politician and poet Qu Yuan 2300 years ago!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li_Sao
Every Chinese MUST recite some parts of his poem written 2300 years ago!!
If unfortunately in the exam, the question may be: which verse in Qu Yuan's poems can mostly express his love for his country and people? Then, screw you if u can't recite!

A Chinese speaker must know these several verses from Qu Yuan.
His poems have been inspiring Chinese to always consider their nation first.

路漫漫其修远兮,吾将上下而求索。(The way ahead is long and has no ending; yet high and low I’ll search with my will unbending)

长太息以掩涕兮,哀民生之多艰
I wiped my tears and heaved long sighs.I lamented over the suffering of my people)

@TaiShang @Mista @Chinese Bamboo @Jlaw @powastick @GS Zhou @Bussard Ramjet @JSCh

Proudly come from Chu Kingdom!!!

Hubei Provincial Museum, devoted to Chu Kingdom history and culture

1305071015081302374.JPG

@Chinese Bamboo @hexagonsnow @JSCh

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom