China export version of 054class frigate

cnleio

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Export version of 054class frigate, weapons system:
1. 76mm gun
2. 32x VLS anti-aircraft missiles (maybe HHQ-16)
3. 1x FL-3000 launcher, 16x anti-missile missiles (China version of SEARAM)
4. 2x AK630 CIWS (China version of AK630)
5. 2x anti-ship launchers, 8x anti-ship missiles (C802 or C803 missile?)
6. 2x 12.7mm machinegun (on the bridge)
7. 2x torpedo tubes (hide in shipbody)

VO4ThG0.jpg

4wf2DSd.jpg

But 2x AK630 location seems strange, weaker than domestic type730 CIWS (installed by PLAN warships)

This is the perfect frigate to take the BD Navy to the next level. Just one of these will have better air-defence capabilities than all the frigates in the BD Navy currently!

Hopefully a couple of these will be considered for purchase in the near future.

don't like the positions of those two little turds. they should place em like the original 054a

CSOC_Frigate_IDEX_2013_03.jpg

This is the perfect frigate to take the BD Navy to the next level. Just one of these will have better air-defence capabilities than all the frigates in the BD Navy currently!
I doubt the perfect, still consider 2x type630 CIWS(China version of AK630) much weaker than type730 CIWS.
It's suprise that designer put them at a strange location ahead of bridge, it will affect type630's defense area.If could install 2x type730 CIWS near the chimney like current 054class frigate in PLAN, 1x SEARAM + 2x CIWS all have good defense area, that's perfect close defense system!

China type630 CIWS (6x30mm gun,China version of AK630)
0JWX74J.jpg

China type730 CIWS (7x30mm gun)
yHfia0j.jpg

PLAN 054 class frigate, install 4x type630 CIWS on both sides of the chimney
FX6IYjW.jpg

PLAN 054A class frigate, install 2x type730 CIWS on both sides of the chimney
gnPOTVH.jpg

Close defense area, both sides of chimney is ideal position for CIWS
EV3nsS4.jpg

HHQ-16 hot-launched VLS
7wLbqsF.jpg

f50Hl1v.jpg

how much a piece? do you sell to your neighbor VN as well?

how much a piece? do you sell to your neighbor VN as well?
I think the price of export version 054 must higher than Russia Leopard class frigate, coz including a hot-launched VLS system + 32x HHQ-16 anti-aircraft missiles and a SEARAM launcher.
If Vietnam offer purchase requests also could sell it to VN, China didn't enforce the arms embargo to Vietnam. But i think it's not 100% powerful, a weakened version.

... also could sell it to VN, China didn't enforce the arms embargo to Vietnam. But i think it's not 100% powerful, a weakened version.
Vietnam appears to have paid $150 million a piece. If China sells its frigates at half price at same performance, than VN would not say no, I think.

Gepard Frigate:

The ship has a displacement of 2,000 tons, a length of 102 meters, a maximum speed of 23 knots, a crew of 103 personnel and a cruising range of 5,000 miles.

The frigate is armed with an Uran-E anti-ship missile system, a 76.2-mm gun mount AK-176M, a Palma air defense artillery system, two 30-mm gun mounts AK-630M and 533-mm torpedo tubes. It can carry a Ka-28 or a Ka-31 Helix naval helicopter.

Vietnam appears to have paid $150 million a piece. If China sells its frigates at half price at same performance, than VN would not say no, I think.
PLAN 054A class firgate nearly cost 200 million U.S dollars per piece, so export version just highter than that.
BTW 054A class frigate weight: 4000~4500 tons.

PLAN 054A class firgate nearly cost 200 million U.S dollars per piece, so export version just highter than that.

2-250 million dollars a ship is just within the affordability range for a country like Bangladesh.

Even though it would not be as advanced as what the Chinese have naturally, a ship like this would be a massive leap over any frigate currently in the BD arsenal and would be able to provide air-cover for other ships as well.

I think that China will find a lot of buyers for a frigate of this type - it could make/cement friends all at the same time.:smokin:

that mini gun looks badass. good to see bangla bandhus building up their navy

2-250 million dollars a ship is just within the affordability range for a country like Bangladesh.

Even though it would not be as advanced as what the Chinese have naturally, a ship like this would be a massive leap over any frigate currently in the BD arsenal and would be able to provide air-cover for other ships as well.

I think that China will find a lot of buyers for a frigate of this type - it could make/cement friends all at the same time.:smokin:
Yes, the export version of 054class frigate just main export warship by China shipbuilding industry. Several years ago, China exported 053class frigate to Thailand and Pakistan, now update to 054class export to foreign countries. Today VLS is standard defense weapons for warships.

Stupid question

But why a watered down version of a ship costs more than the orignal piece

Stupid question

The selling country would want to make a profit and would of course water down their best technology when selling abroad to protect their national security.

LOL, the black-heart businessman wanna earn more money from the customer, India imported kinds of weapons from Russia,France and U.S, did all costs cheaper than originl price when their Army purchase from domestic company?

But there's another version weapon trades between China and her customers. If u couldn't affort the price, it's Okay. Usually some China loan company or commercial banks could lend money to purchase China weapons, just pay for weapon loans by using resource or mining rights.

That's China often did when selling weapons in Africa, what i know China ever sell weapons to customers by exchanging tropical fruit, fish, rice, copper and iron ore, Oil drilling rights, mining rights.

Back
Top Bottom