What's new

China Economy Forum

I really doubt if India actually has the internet population of 268 millions. I think they count all the dummy accounts that come with any smartphone purchase. Otherwise, you can't explain the fact that their super low on-line spending.

Well such a level of ARPU on leisure (non-essential) spend is understandable for India, it commensurates with low levels of income, discretionary income in particular.

Last edited:
Well such a level of ARPU on leisure (non-essential) spend is understandable for India, it commensurates with low levels of income, discretionary income in particular.

Not only that, a recent BBC program was talking about the fact that many smartphone users in Indian don't know how to use internet as all contents are in English, which they don't know, even though they all have internet access.

Not only that, a recent BBC program was talking about the fact that many smartphone users in Indian don't know how to use internet as all contents are in English, which they don't know, even though they all have internet access.
All important messages in India are written in English such as drug description and science books, which lays an unbreakable barrier between English speakers like PDF Hindus and more than one billion without sufficient English education. That society is incurable.

All important messages in India are written in English such as drug description and science books, which lays an unbreakable barrier between English speakers like PDF Hindus and more than one billion without sufficient English education. That society is incurable.

No need to make such rude comments.

Also, most people in India don't speak Hindi. India is very diverse in terms of language, and English is all right in that sense.

Also, English education is compulsary in India, and I can assure you, that most people can read basic English. Plus, people have the freedom to market their products in any language. If there is a market, that can't read English, business will cater to them.

As such, there still is a huge non-English media, and products sector.

No need to make such rude comments.

Also, most people in India don't speak Hindi. India is very diverse in terms of language, and English is all right in that sense.

Also, English education is compulsary in India, and I can assure you, that most people can read basic English. Plus, people have the freedom to market their products in any language. If there is a market, that can't read English, business will cater to them.

As such, there still is a huge non-English media, and products sector.
Basic English equals sufficient English? Can a doctor explain everything in non-English? Why did I always hear English words in your Hindi TV?

Basic English equals sufficient English? Can a doctor explain everything in non-English? Why did I always hear English words in your Hindi TV?

No a doctor can't explain everything in local languages.

And as I say our local languages have just adopted English words.

Almost all on-line contents in India are in English as well. For those Indians who do not have English proficiency, they are pretty much insulated from Internet. Even many smartphone vendors know nothing about internet. All Internet "goodies" that Indian members here keep bragging about, like Facebook, Twitter, etc, mean nothing to big trunk of so called "Indian Internet Population". That is why there is such a big discrepancy between their "Internet Population " and their actual online purchasing power.

Almost all on-line contents in India are in English as well. For those Indians who do not have English proficiency, they are pretty much insulated from Internet. Even many smartphone vendors know nothing about internet. All Internet "goodies" that Indian members here keep bragging about, like Facebook, Twitter, etc, mean nothing to big trunk of so called "Indian Internet Population". That is why there is such a big discrepancy between their "Internet Population " and their actual online purchasing power.
So pathetic. PDF's English Hindu world is so diffident from Indian world.
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1446010899.193026.jpg

then i was wondering how indian doctors explain the diseases to the patients who don't understand english. i believe not eveybody knows english in india, but everybody will get sick.
If one doesn't know the local language for COPD, how could the doctors explain this term to their patient? I guess English is the best tool for Hindu populist politicians to keep the majority ignorant. This explains how they sell the 2012 theory to their voters.

Back
Top Bottom