What's new

China Economy Forum

Wait some Japanese politicos continue to make some troubles to interrupt the negotiation.:rofl:
I think it is rightly the time that Mr.Abe should visit to the Yasukuni Toilet again.:chilli:

Last edited:
YjR8rdU.jpg

Guess we have to buy so many useless and overpriced stuff from the americans otherwise we will listen to their constant whining about trade imbalance really loud, day and night.

i can't see the picture. Site is blocked. What's it showing?
You can read my comment at the following:

1. USA Today. Voices: China's rapid rise to world powerhouse
2. The National Interest. The American Century: RIP? | The National Interest
3. Asia Times. President Xi calls for ‘new model’ US-China relationship | Asia Times
4. Taipei Times. Boeing to sell 300 aircraft to Chinese firms - Taipei Times
5. CNN Money. China lost its economic swagger right before U.S. summit - Sep. 23, 2015

One of these links should work for you.
----------

On second thought, here's the text version of my comment.

US benefits from Sino-American trade.

China supports many high-paying American jobs.

Though China has its own Xiaomi, Apple sells over $50 billion iPhones annually to China. The latest quarterly revenue was $13.2 billion.

Likewise, China has its own CPR-1000 gigawatt nuclear reactor. However, China pays top dollar for Westinghouse AP1000 reactors.

I could go on and on about Boeing aircraft, GM cars, GE turbines, Intel chips, Coca Cola, McDonald's, etc.

The point is that China has its own comparable technology, but chooses to help support high-paying American jobs. Trade benefits the United States tremendously.

3. Asia Times. President Xi calls for ‘new model’ US-China relationship | Asia Times
5. CNN Money. China lost its economic swagger right before U.S. summit - Sep. 23, 2015

----------

Though China has its own Xiaomi, Apple sells over $50 billion iPhones annually to China. The latest quarterly revenue was $13.2 billion.

Likewise, China has its own CPR-1000 gigawatt nuclear reactor. However, China pays top dollar for Westinghouse AP1000 reactors.

I could go on and on about Boeing aircraft, GM cars, GE turbines, Intel chips, Coca Cola, McDonald's, etc.

The point is that China has its own comparable technology, but chooses to help support high-paying American jobs. Trade benefits the United States tremendously.

And how would that benefit the world? would he America's decline increase if China stop doing this? Now this 300 Boeing purchase may impact COMAC

I never like this type of news. In the Chinese section, this is normal. You may get 10 posts. If this was in Indian or Vietnamese forum you can expect 100+ posts and many "China is collapsing faster than you can say Maiṁ bahuta bāta karatā hūm̐"

:lol:

----------

Trade also benefits China immensely. Just see the amount of Chinese exports.

Trade also benefits China immensely. Just see the amount of Chinese exports.

No, it doesn't. Not to the West, at least. Value added on exports to developing nations is much, much higher. Xi seems to be smart enough to disengage with a parasitical, toxic West.

Right now, the IMF nominal GDP numbers for China and the United States are misleading. It is a comparison of apples to oranges. China is still using the antiquated SNA 1993 (System of National Accounts) method. The US is using the SNA 2008.

According to a September 22, 2015 Wall Street Journal article, China's nominal GDP for 2014 was $11.5 trillion (see citation below) under the SNA 2008 method.

We want to conduct an apples-to-apples comparison of Chinese and US nominal GDP using the same SNA 2008 method.
For 2014, US nominal GDP under SNA 2008 was $17.4 trillion (see IMF data).
For 2014, China's nominal GDP under SNA 2008 was $11.5 trillion (see The Wall Street Journal article below).

Let's project US and Chinese nominal GDP into the future.

For the United States, the economic growth has historically been 2% (e.g. 1% for technological improvement and 1% for labor force growth). US inflation averages 2%. Thus, the US will grow by 4% annually over the long term.

For China, the new economic growth is 7%. The years of 10% economic growth is over, because all of the low-hanging fruit has been plucked (when China joined the WTO in December 2001). We expect China to maintain an economic growth of 7% for the next ten years, because the Belt-and-Road initiative should integrate the Southeast Asian, Central Asian, and Russian economies with China's.

Chinese inflation averages about 3% (e.g. typically 1% higher than US inflation). Thus, China will grow by 10% annually (e.g. 7% economic growth + 3% inflation) over the next ten years.

By projecting US 4% and Chinese 10% economic growth into the future, we see that China will surpass the US in nominal GDP by 2022. The IMF says that China's currency is fairly valued. I am assuming a stable Chinese Yuan-US Dollar exchange rate at 6.4 Yuans to the Dollar.

48NqB9y.jpg

----------

What If China’s Economy Is Even Bigger Than It Seems? - WSJ

9WhZGSo.jpg

----------

Yearly Comparison of US and Chinese Nominal GDPs under SNA 2008

JpzRmav.jpg

Back
Top Bottom