What's new

China Economy Forum

Will there be a trade war between china and eu?

I don't think so, EU lack of money and become "crazy", EU let Brussels openly rob savers' money, and rob money at EU's boundary by carbon emission tax on airlines, High welfare bring big debt.

Nanning Airport’s New Terminal, taking the design of “two phoenixes returning to their nest”. It will have an annual passenger handling capacity of 15.4 million and become a window to present the charms of Nanning to ASEAN countries and the rest of the world.

The constructions of the new terminal’s supporting facilities of Nanning Wuxu International Airport will have several phases and they are to be completed in 2020. The present phase of construction includes the terminal building with a floor space of 130,000 square meters, an airplane parking lot of 45 parking bay with an area of 475,000 square meters, a new cargo warehouse with a floor area of 14,000 square meters, a car parking lot with an area of 103,700 square meters and other supporting facilities. This phase of construction, with an investment of 6 billion yuan.

7027033583_487bc65574_b.jpg

7027030641_e626b5c243_b.jpg

Phase II
7027033605_31be5df6c8_b.jpg

7027033593_9290a6c2e4_b.jpg

Interior
7027030639_5571f07a36_b.jpg

7027030627_b26a0991f7_b.jpg
A backwater place like Nanning does not need an airport like that. This is waste and corruption :angry:

April passenger vehicle sales rise 16.6%

Chinadaily

Updated: 2013-05-10 07:26 By Li Fangfang ( China Daily)

Passenger vehicle sales enjoyed double-digit year-on-year growth in April, with the week-long Shanghai International Auto Show and the three-day toll-free Labor Day holiday boosting figures in the fourth week of the month, particularly.

Total sales of cars, sports-utility vehicles, multi-purpose vehicles and minivans accelerated 16.6 percent from last year to 1,341,900 during the month, the China Passenger Car Association said on Thursday.

"The launches of new models at the show and toll-free holidays, which encouraged more self-drive trips, greatly improved sales in April," said Rao Da, the association's secretary-general.

The Shanghai show attracted a record 152,000 visitors on the first day, which clearly indicates the strong Chinese desire for a modern life and mobility, he added.

"The enthusiasm triggered by the show will continue into May, and passenger vehicle sales will maintain the same level as April."

Rao said that after a 20 percent growth in sales in the first four months of the year, and without the government launching any more policies to control sales, the Chinese market should see "2 million more passenger cars sold this year" than in 2012.

Andrew Thomson, Asia-Pacific head of automotive and partner at KPMG China, predicted an annual 10 percent rise in passenger vehicle sales in 2013, with SUV sales likely to grow at "around double that rate and the luxury segment also growing ahead of the overall market".

He added: "The current growth is broadly in line with this forecast, and we see no reason to amend our views based on the early-year results for the auto sector."

Though China's overall passenger vehicle market is on the road to stable growth, homegrown brand sales continue to stagnate.

Rao said that in April Chinese automakers saw their share of the domestic market drop almost 3 percent from March, and their April sales were also well down from last year at this stage.

"Their troubles really started after some local governments announced they will limit vehicle purchases in big cities, to tackle traffic congestion and pollution levels," said Cui Dongshu, deputy secretary-general of the China Passenger Car Association.

"Foreign automakers' recent strategy of launching more entry-level or joint-venture brands aimed at the lower-end of the market has also put hefty pressure on their Chinese counterparts," Cui added.

More important, Cui said, "Chinese automakers' shortcomings on technology, quality, especially branding, also make them less attractive to younger buyers, a major target market for companies".

Vehicle sales by US giant General Motors increased 15.3 percent on an annual basis last month to an April record of 261,870 units.

Its strong performance took the company's sales for the first four months of 2013 to a record 1,078,243 vehicles, an increase of 10.9 percent on an annual basis, the first time it had surpassed 1 million units in the first four months of the year.

Another US heavyweight, Ford Motor Co, also reported a robust 37 percent growth in April sales, with deliveries of 75,331 vehicles. Its total sales of 261,927 in the first four months represented a 49 percent sales surge from a year earlier.

lifangfang@chinadaily.com.cn

f04da2db112212f679c408.jpg

The longest highway bridge in China's Hubei province,the 11km Xingjiawan Bridge,achieved full closure on 30.05.2013:

054140qbr07xhecccvmthe.jpg.thumb.jpg

Cost:1.087 billion yuan

China's PMI reading shows surprise strength in manufacturing

by: Scott Murdoch, China Correspondent

CHINA'S powerful manufacturing sector has shown a surprise rebound, putting its strength at odds with the broader slowdown emerging in the world's second largest economy.

The May Purchasing Manager's Index, published today, rose to 50.8 from 50.6 just one month earlier.

A reading above 50 shows the sector is expanding rather than contracting and the result was well above most economists' forecast of 50.

The official index, published by the National Bureau of Statistics, measures the output from China's state-owned manufacturing enterprises.

A production component of the index bounced strongly from 52.6 in April to 53.3 in May, new orders rose by 0.1 while export orders were up sharply by 0.8.

The index also showed that China's manufacturers are starting to restock with both raw materials and finished good inventories increasing in the month.

The surprise gains in the PMI follow a string of weak data that has indicated that China's economy is slowing.

Economists have started to mark down their economic growth forecasts for the next two years because of the emerging weakening.

The powerful China Iron and Steel Association, a key industry body, this week reported the fourth consecutive monthly fall in profit, fuelling fears the economy was heading towards a hard landing.

China's new government, headed by President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang, is targeting growth of 7.5 per cent this year.

ANZ's chief China economist Liu Li-Gang said the May PMI was at odds with the rest of China's industrial economic indicators.

"This single data does not change our view on the softening economic conditions China," he said.

"It eases some concern about a rapid slowdown though.

"The government can tolerate a slower growth rate but it is important to engage in fast economic and structural reforms to boost confidence in China's future growth prospects."

The data was released when the world's major markets were closed for the weekend. The higher result is likely to buoy commodity markets, especially copper, which had weakened before the index was published.

In Australia, the futures market is pointing towards the S&P/ASX200 opening down at least 49.5 points when trade resumes on Monday.

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Hey @cirr - Bro, hows the Accounting & Finance profession in China ? Is there an abundance or scarcity of jobs in it ? And would a Pakistani like myself be able to enter the Chinese job market ? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
22.05.2013 Korla-Golmud railway completes site survey

Korla-Golmud railway(red line running northwest in the pic below): 1222.919km (Xinjiang and Qinghai provinces)
Project cost: 34.488 bln yuan ($5.56b)
Construction: 5 years

88f89f49jw1e577ewfl60j20b409g75n.jpg

Black: existing line
Red: new line

Hey @cirr - Bro, hows the Accounting & Finance profession in China ? Is there an abundance or scarcity of jobs in it ? And would a Pakistani like myself be able to enter the Chinese job market ? :)

Qualified/certified accounting professionals, especially those with overseas experiences, are highly sought after in China.

Do you speak Chinese? Language could be an issue, but all the international majors have establised local branches where English is the working languge and their clients for most part are western multinationals or large Chinese firms with extensive external exposure.

You may make inquiries starting with the HQs to see if they have openings in China. Yes or no, I am sure they would put you in contact with their operation in China.

The best bet Bro is to send your resume to the headhunters or to companies which engage in bilateral trades between China and Pakistan or to multinational companies.

Chances are you need to be very knowledgeable with the language as you know this profession involves a lot of documentation in Chinese. Also like many countries in the world, China has her unique system of accounting, tax and finance rules and laws so knowing Pakistani / International rules is not enough.

Good luck!

Qualified/certified accounting professionals, especially those with overseas experiences, are highly sought after in China.

Do you speak Chinese? Language could be an issue, but all the international majors have establised local branches where English is the working languge and their clients for most part are western multinationals or large Chinese firms with extensive external exposure.

You may make inquiries starting with the HQs to see if they have openings in China. Yes or no, I am sure they would put you in contact with their operation in China.

I could learn Chinese in as little as a years time because there is a Chinese & Pakistani Government sponsored Language Institute/Cultural Center a few minutes drive from my place where they offer Chinese Language classes ! :)

Thanks, bro I appreciate it ! :tup:

The best bet Bro is to send your resume to the headhunters or to companies which engage in bilateral trades between China and Pakistan or to multinational companies.

Chances are you need to be very knowledgeable with the language as you know this profession involves a lot of documentation in Chinese. Also like many countries in the world, China has her unique system of accounting, tax and finance rules and laws so knowing Pakistani / International rules is not enough.

Good luck!

I was actually thinking of visiting Shanghai with my Dad in a couple of months time (Hes a Doctor & hes got some Medical Conference to attend to) & I thought I might ask around & see how the Chinese job market is when I'm there ! :)

I'm a few papers off from my ACCA (Professional Accountancy Qualification) but unfortunately I've only studied English law & taxation system so that could be problematic ! :(

Do you guys have a State Professional Accountancy Qualification in China as the English do with their ACCA, ICAEW or the Pakistanis, Indians & the Bangladeshis with their CAs or the Americans with their CPAs ?

I was actually thinking of visiting Shanghai with my Dad in a couple of months time (Hes a Doctor & hes got some Medical Conference to attend to) & I thought I might ask around & see how the Chinese job market is when I'm there ! :)

I'm a few papers off from my ACCA (Professional Accountancy Qualification) but unfortunately I've only studied English law & taxation system so that could be problematic ! :(

Do you guys have a State Professional Accountancy Qualification in China as the English do with their ACCA, ICAEW or the Pakistanis, Indians & the Bangladeshis with their CAs or the Americans with their CPAs ?

The qualification you are pursuing is good for many countries. We have our own CPAs but foreign qualifications are gaining their recognitions especially if you are working for MNCs.

Have a nice visit in Shanghai with your Senior. Look for some excellent Muslim foods in the place.

Since you are studying for a professional degree (if I'm not mistaken), one of the routes is to scout for recruitments in the big international accounting firms.

But as it happens in nearly all non-English speaking countries in the world, if you dont acquire proficiency in the local language it will greatly affect your career development in the country where you have your job.

The qualification you are pursuing is good for many countries. We have our own CPAs but foreign qualifications are gaining their recognitions especially if you are working for MNCs.

Have a nice visit in Shanghai with your Senior. Look for some excellent Muslim foods in the place.

Since you are studying for a professional degree (if I'm not mistaken), one of the routes is to scout for recruitments in the big international accounting firms.

But as it happens in nearly all non-English speaking countries in the world, if you dont acquire proficiency in the local language it will greatly affect your career development in the country where you have your job.

Thanks, mate ! :)

GM boosts exports of China-built cars to supply emerging markets

By Reuters | 3 Jun, 2013

BEIJING: General Motors Co, the biggest foreign automaker be sales in China, aims to boost its exports from the country by nearly 70 percent this year because of strong demand for its Chinese-developed low-cost cars, a local executive said.

The U.S. automaker plans to export as many as 130,000 China-made vehicles this year, up from 77,000 vehicles in 2012, driven by demand for its Chevrolet Sail in other emerging markets.

"While GM's primary philosophy is to manufacture where it sells, we find that product exports are necessary to meet global market demands when GM does not have local manufacturing capabilities for a particular vehicle," Bob Socia, the head of GM in China, told Reuters in an email.

The Sail, which was co-developed with partner SAIC Motor Corp, became an instant hit when it was launched in January 2010. It is the first foreign brand in China with a price tag below 60,000 yuan ($9,800).

The Sail, which accounted for 80 percent of GM's exports from China last year, is also helping the firm compete with Japanese, South Korean and other brands in South America and other emerging markets, said Socia, who is also chief country operations officer for GM's China, India and ASEAN operations.

To meet increasing demand from abroad, GM is now assembling the Sail in Colombia, Ecuador and India using components supplied by its Shanghai car venture with SAIC.

In the first four months of the year, GM shipped 33,623 vehicles overseas, surpassing Geely Automobile Holdings Co Ltd

to become China's second-largest auto exporter after Chery, which shipped 46,234 during the period, according to Namrita Chow, a senior analyst at IHS Automotive.

With a few exceptions, such as Honda Motor Co Ltd, which makes the Jazz compact car exclusively for the European markets at a small facility in southeastern China, exports of China-made cars by foreign automakers have been limited.

Volkswagen AG, GM's closest rival in the country, has no plans to boost exports from China in the near future, a local spokesman said.

What sets GM apart in its ability to tap emerging markets with its China-built cars is its heavy investment in research and development in China, analysts say.

"GM has invested heavily in R&D in China over the past years," said John Zeng, North Asia director of consultancy LMC Automotive, noting that the research and engineering venture GM has with SAIC since 1997 is also helping develop designs for Buick.

Foreign automakers that have exported small volumes from China include PSA Peugeot Citroen's car venture Dongfeng Automobile Group Co (DPCA) and BMW.

DPCA and BMW shipped 1,152 and 102 China-build cars during the first four months of 2013, respectively. Honda shipped 7,972 cars overseas during the period.

GM boosts exports of China-built cars to supply emerging markets - The Economic Times

Back
Top Bottom