What's new

China Dominates the World TOP500 Supercomputers

You are right, I worked in Shanghai when graduated. I met serveral Shanghai local originated from Ningbo, including my generous boss.
Now people either take HSR to Ningbo or drive on the crazy 36km-long Hangzhou Bay Bridge from Shanghai.
t01400723ce7fff995e.jpg

This post cracked me up.......I won't interfere in this thread since i don't know about computers and stuff related to it. But the way one Indian member is bringing his own rude and self praising attitude makes me sick. I mean, you just can't wish good luck to your neighbor if he achieves success without bragging your own one's???

This indian member should look at his Tejas fighter jet, despite so much funds and decades spent on it, it still doesn't get operational clearance.

Little decency and humble attitude won't cost you dollars........
A humble attitude doesn't cost money, but the Indian guy must believe it would costs his 'face'.

Who doesn't?
So you wife likes seafood but didn't allow you buy DJI drone?!
Buy yourself DJI4 this year!
(and give me your old DJI drone)
I believe the last sentence must be the core of this post. :-)

A humble attitude doesn't cost money, but the Indian guy must believe it would costs his 'face'.

I believe the last sentence must be the core of this post. :-)
Seriously, it's a sin when u drive your wife all the way to Ningbo for seafood but u don't buy yourself a DJI4.

Last edited:
it is hard for me to take the brag from a "ZERO POSITIVE rating, but TWELVE NEGATIVE ratings" guy too seriously.

Have fun.
View attachment 312443
Hahaha.....
I find it a waste of time to even respond to him.

I suspect that HariPrassad is a false flagger who is trying to discredit the Indians just like @RisingShiningSuperpower.
Nah, he seems pretty genuine to me.

Well the whole point of delusion is that they cannot see their own delusion, right?

Just compare these two articles side by side:

India will become a superpower by 2012: President Kalam - Economic Times

More poverty in India than in the entire continent of Africa - BBC News

This is a very good example of cognitive dissonance, i.e. holding two contradictory ideas in your head at the same time.

So it's not even surprising that this guy HariPrasad claims that India is the undisputed number 1 in the field of supercomputers.

Hell, that's tame compared to their claims of having space craft and nuclear weapons several thousand years ago:

Hindu nationalists claim ancient sage 'invented spaceships' | The National
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Omg, Chinese-dragon, stop making me laugh so much. ;)

The change on arms imports between China and India, either absolute value, or as a percentage of total defense budget, tells us who is making steady progress, who is becoming more and more reliant on imported technology.
View attachment 312588

source: SIPRI (STOCKHOLM INTERNATIONAL PEACE RESEARCH INSTITUTE)

BTW, when I was a very small child and heard the name of Arjun MBT for the first time, the tank game I played looks like this.
View attachment 312592

But now, the tank game my nephew plays looks like this.
View attachment 312593

But almost 40 years passed, has the Arjun MBT program been completed? Maybe DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) of India thinks yes, but the Indian Army, the actual user of Arjun, thinks NO.

View attachment 312594
Haha... I play this game in my android phone. It's called "world of tanks blitz" on Android.

Again, non of the Chinese bragged about achieving 20 satellites launch last year with CZ-6. You are the one who kept bringing the subject up here. That definitely says something here doesn't it?

Some people just have to make a mountain out of an anthill, and endow a trivial progress with artificial significance, out of the mixture of their inflated ego and the deep rooted inferior complex. Next time, they are going to proudly announce that their astronauts are the first human eating curry in space, and the whole country will be in frenzy for claiming yet another title of World's First.

Last edited:
12 of the 20 satellites are Dove nanosatellites by Planet Labs of San Francisco. They are very small satellites.
Tv9qb5L.jpg

See those tiny things on top of the wooden crates? That's what India launched.:disagree:
0TgHIdE.png

I had a strong feeling that most of these 20 satellites were nanosatellites.

Thanks for exposing the fraudulent Indian 'achievement'.

Sugon's 100 Pflop machine the Dawning 7000 is near completion.

The unveiling of the supercomputer, which uses home-grown Loongson CPUs developed at the Institute of Computing Technology (ICT), CAS, still needs the approval of relevant state authorities.

@Bussard Ramjet

So China is gonna end up with three 100 Pflop HPCs a few months down the road.

Last edited:
Made an account just to write this post. While everyone are right to be proud of this supercomputer(me included) there's few problems that I hope it gets addressed in the future.
1. inadequate memory: Tianhe-2 have 88GB or RAM per node at just over two TFLOP/s while the sunway have only 32GB per node that runs at 3TFLOP/s.
2. Memory isn't particularly fast either at 136.5GB/s which could be a issues since the CPU already lacks on board cache.
3. There also a mention of inefficient interconnect, didn't dig too much into that so I won't comment.

The above problem resulted in a pretty abysmal HPCG benchmark of 0.371PFLOP/s compared to Tianhe-2's 0.580PFLOP/s.

Don't flame me for pointing out the negatives, always look forward to what my home country can come up with next :)

I like your points. We need to address these issues and maintain our No.1 position in the race of super computer.

Sugon's 100 Pflop machine the Dawning 7000 is near completion.

The unveiling of the supercomputer, which uses home-grown Loongson CPUs developed at the Institute of Computing Technology (ICT), CAS, still needs the approval of relevant state authorities.

@Bussard Ramjet

So China is gonna end up with three 100 Pflop HPCs a few months down the road.

Why does everything need state approval?

Just adds more bureaucracy to the speed of achieving things. Bureaucracy slows things down.

Why does everything need state approval?

Just adds more bureaucracy to the speed of achieving things. Bureaucracy slows things down.

I think regulation is required to keep things going in an orderly fashion and prevent waste or overcapacity. I agree that the oversight bureaucracy needs to be rendered more efficient. But, for some reason, I like to have government oversight on everything, from culture to science.

Who doesn't?
So you wife likes seafood but didn't allow you buy DJI drone?!
Buy yourself DJI4 this year!
(and give me your old DJI drone)

Ha ha ha! That's a nice causality you see between sea food and DJI drone, @AndrewJin ...

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom