What's new

China Dominates the World TOP500 Supercomputers

12 of the 20 satellites are Dove nanosatellites by Planet Labs of San Francisco. They are very small satellites.
Tv9qb5L.jpg

See those tiny things on top of the wooden crates? That's what India launched.:disagree:
0TgHIdE.png
The reason I said that it is not that more difficult to launch 20 satellites than 3 satellites like they usually do in last century is that back then the most important factor limits the number of satellites per launch is not rocket control technology, but rather it was contrained by the weight and size of satellites themselves. So now the reason everyone suddenly is able to launch dozens of satellites in single mission is not there is a breakthrough in rocket launching technology but it is mainly due to the breakthrough in miniaturization of satellites.

The reason I said that it is not that more difficult to launch 20 satellites than 3 satellites like they usually do in last century is that back then the most important factor limits the number of satellites per launch is not rocket control technology, but rather it was contrained by the weight and size of satellites themselves. So now the reason everyone suddenly is able to launch dozens of satellites in single mission is not there is a breakthrough in rocket launching technology but it is mainly due to the breakthrough in miniaturization of satellites.

Just curious if all 20 satellites share the same orbit, or they were distributed to different orbits like what CZ-6 did in its maiden fight with a “smart distributor” last year.

those tiny satellites are mostly made of COTS with little juice and doesn't last very long in space. they are mainly designed to do certain experiments and then become trash in few weeks or months. very little money to be made from launching those :D

Last edited:
those tiny satellites are mostly made of COTS with little juice and doesn't last very long in space. they are mainly designed to do certain experiments and then become trash in few weeks or months. very little money to be made from launching those :D

It's useful for India where the braggarts can brag about their shupapowah status.

When China launched 20 satellites with the Long March 6, no one cared because it's not even an achievement to launch many tiny satellites.

Just curious if all 20 satellites share the same orbit, or they were distributed to different orbits like what CZ-6 did in its maiden fight with a “smart distributor” last year.
Althrough 14 of the 20 satellites that weighted less than 5 kg are most likely piggybacked mission, the other 6 satellites were probably sent to different orbit with different speed. I don't have any detail of the exact method but this technology is actually nothing new.

The interesting thing is that PSLV is 15 meters longer than CZ-6 albeit it is thinner in diameter 2.8m vs 3.35m, and it is 2 times heavier than CZ-6 in total mass 320,000kg vs 103,000 kg, but it has almost the same payload capacity as CZ-6 1,280 kg vs 1,080 kg

It's useful for India where the braggarts can brag about their shupapowah status.

When China launched 20 satellites with the Long March 6, no one cared because it's not even an achievement to launch many tiny satellites.
the cream of the crop is 4t + gto communication satellite where you can charge hundreds of millions per launch :D $$$

Althrough 14 of the 20 satellites that weighted less than 5 kg are most likely piggybacked mission, the other 6 satellites were probably sent to different orbit with different speed. I don't have any detail of the exact method but this technology is actually nothing new.

The interesting thing is that PSLV is 15 meters longer than CZ-6 albeit it is thinner in diameter 2.8m vs 3.35m, and it is 2 times heavier than CZ-6 in total mass 320,000kg vs 103,000 kg, but it has almost the same payload capacity as CZ-6 1,280 kg vs 1,080 kg

Indian rockets all have the same problem. The much hyped GSLV-MK3 has the launch 640t, payload to LEO is 8t, and payload to GTO is only 4t which is even less than 20 year old CZ-3B (430t launch weight, 12T to LEO, 5T to GTO).

They take pride for some achievements that in our eyes are not even worth mentioning, much like Chinese in 70's or 80's in the eyes of Americans.

Nonetheless, India is making progress in space front that deserve a congratulation card, if not for some Indian members who tend to blow their mild progress out of proportion.

Indian rockets all have the same problem. The much hyped GSLV-MK3 has the launch 640t, payload to LEO is 8t, and payload to GTO is only 4t which is even less than 20 year old CZ-3B (430t launch weight, 12T to LEO, 5T to GTO).

The Indians were celebrating like they got the world's most advanced space rocket when the GSLV-MK3 launched. China achieved that same capability 20 years ago.

The Indians were celebrating like they got the world's most advanced space rocket when the GSLV-MK3 launched. China achieved that same capability 20 years ago.

The full version of GSLV-MK3 has not launched yet, meaning what they have tested is a work-in-progress without the critical upper stage with LH-2/LOX engine that has always been the biggest hurdle for ISRO.

GSLV Mk3 I can understand because it only has 2 boosters where as CZ-3B uses 4 boosters, but for PSLV C34 it is like CZ-6 which doesn't use any boostes at all. The only explaination I can find is that CZ-6 has much higher specific impulse for all three of its rocket stage than PSLV-C34.

GSLV Mk3 I can understand because it only has 2 boosters where as CZ-3B uses 4 boosters, but for PSLV C34 it is like CZ-6 which doesn't use any boostes at all. The only explaination I can find is that CZ-6 has much higher specific impulse for all three of its rocket stage than PSLV-C34.

They use mixture of solid fuel engines and liquid fuel engines in different stages on PSLV, and solid fuel boosters on GSLV. The solid fuel engines are technically simpler but less efficient than liquid fuel engines. I think this is the main reason.

I think regulation is required to keep things going in an orderly fashion and prevent waste or overcapacity. I agree that the oversight bureaucracy needs to be rendered more efficient. But, for some reason, I like to have government oversight on everything, from culture to science.

Ha ha ha! That's a nice causality you see between sea food and DJI drone, @AndrewJin ...
Sea food>>>sea>>>Shenzhen by the sea>>>>Shenzhen>>>>DJI drone

Xiaomi Drone is expected to be launched soon.
It seems like a much more affordable drone compared to phantom series of DJI.
DJI is undoubtedly the best so far.
Every drone declares itself having surpassed DJI but over time the status of DJI has just been strengthened.
But I hope there could be more drones designed in China on par with DJI drones.

The change on arms imports between China and India, either absolute value, or as a percentage of total defense budget, tells us who is making steady progress, who is becoming more and more reliant on imported technology.
View attachment 312588

source: SIPRI (STOCKHOLM INTERNATIONAL PEACE RESEARCH INSTITUTE)

BTW, when I was a very small child and heard the name of Arjun MBT for the first time, the tank game I played looks like this.
View attachment 312592

But now, the tank game my nephew plays looks like this.
View attachment 312593

But almost 40 years passed, has the Arjun MBT program been completed? Maybe DRDO (Defence Research and Development Organisation) of India thinks yes, but the Indian Army, the actual user of Arjun, thinks NO.

View attachment 312594

CHina was once upon a time a biggest Arms importer of the world. Here the issue is that they say that their planes are better than Russia and than go to Russia and import Su 30 and Su 37. This shows how flimsy.

yes, Army and DRDO shall fight. Your army has no right to deny anything given to them. 5 J10s have fallen down but still your airforce can not say no to it. Actually they are made to fall down after couple of years of service.

Why go so fast after posting so many garbage? Our engine is doing well.

Your kaveri engine cant even power any plane. :lol:

You supercomputer claim is as good as India bragging to be superpower in 2012 or surpass Shanghai with Mumbai in 2012 which all failed miserably. :enjoy:

Arjun is a real failure as 300 more T-90s ae bought.

As for manned mission, can't do it of cos you claimed as not a priority. Then why need to test manned capsule? :lol:

Ohhhhh so this point wise detailed reply is garbage because you find it difficult to counter????

If your engine is doing well than why are you buying from Russia?? Just to do charity like you buy submarines and planes from russia???

While you requested me to use WORLD BANK DATA for a uniform comparison, you refused to cite any data from the World Bank website directly. What a nice example of double-standard!!

Now let me paste you the data again. All of them comes from worldbank.org

View attachment 312583

View attachment 312584

View attachment 312585

To Refute the DATA of World Bank 2014, 2011 DATA is produced. What more idiocy can people exhibit in discussion.

First they told that India has more poverty than Sahara and Africa. When countered by World bank DATA of 2014, he counter Argued with world bank DATA of 2011. How can you you argue with a person who do not follow the logic. Who do not recognize any source except his own.

They are world bank DATA produce in open sources with a lots of other details. You can be happy with that data. Yesterday, I was watching a program of one european news chennel. The ladt expert of waterloo university was saying that chinese poverty figures are of considering 1 USD in ppp. She said that if china consider 2 USD in ppp, CHina has 300 million poors. That is 25% of your population. Let me search and post the link.

Search China Vs India , A 16.07 Second VIdeo is there. A lady expert is saying about China.

Last edited:
CHina was once upon a time a biggest Arms importer of the world. Here the issue is that they say that their planes are better than Russia and than go to Russia and import Su 30 and Su 37. This shows how flimsy.

yes, Army and DRDO shall fight. Your army has no right to deny anything given to them. 5 J10s have fallen down but still your airforce can not say no to it. Actually they are made to fall down after couple of years of service.

Ohhhhh so this point wise detailed reply is garbage because you find it difficult to counter????

If your engine is doing well than why are you buying from Russia?? Just to do charity like you buy submarines and planes from russia???

They are world bank DATA produce in open sources with a lots of other details. You can be happy with that data. Yesterday, I was watching a program of one european news chennel. The ladt expert of waterloo university was saying that chinese poverty figures are of considering 1 USD in ppp. She said that if china consider 2 USD in ppp, CHina has 300 million poors. That is 25% of your population. Let me search and post the link.

Hari Prasad embarrassing himself and his countrymen once again.

India will have a 132 exaflop computer by 2020 :lol:

You do realise that getting to just 1 exaflop is considered the supercomputing equivalent of landing a man on the moon?

And here you are humiliating yourself that India will achieve 132 exaflop by 2020. That's like saying India will have a man on Pluto while the other countries are struggling to just put a man on the moon.

We all know how you embarrassed yourself in the remote sensing satellite argument last year. Should we post the link to that thread?

They are not there yet. According to "the Hindu", all 20 satellites are injected into the SAME orbit. So there is no much difficulty to piggyback one more sack of potatoes. For some, a Big Mac is indeed a feast.

http://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/sc...ll-set-for-new-experiments/article8746631.ece

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom