What's new

China Developing a Train That Will Run at 620 Miles Per Hour

100B, thats equal to the official defense budget isn't it. thats a lot of money. i can't see india investing anywhere near 20-30B (defense budget range) into something like high speed rail.

Considering China has 1.18 trillion USD for government revenues this year, they can afford to spend 100 USD for this project.

Who is exploiting it's own workers US or China???

US is a merely a buyer in a product that is avaliable to it, but the exploitation, you should be pointing fingers at your own kind sir!!!!

MNCs are exploiting Chinese workers for US consumers. If US wants to curb the imports from developing countries and bring some jobs back home, then start by paying much less to the workers in US and exploit American workers.

Also you really should find out who is the one profiting from those exploitation of Chinese workers right now.

MNCs are exploiting Chinese workers for US consumers. If US wants to curb the imports from developing countries and bring some jobs back home, then start by paying much less to the workers in US and exploit American workers.

Also you really should find out who is the one profiting from those exploitation of Chinese workers right now.

MNC? Full form please... Confused..

The profiting Exploitation of Chinese Workers, I would say WalMart!!!

delete...........................

Last edited:
Considering China has 1.18 trillion USD for government revenues this year, they can afford to spend 100 USD for this project.

certainly they can. no kidding. our total revenue is in the 200B range i think. far far behind :)

Ok!!!!!

But my orginal question:

MNC? Full form please... Confused..

????

Multi National Corporations such as Walmart, Foxconn, Apple, HP, Disney, Hasbro, Mattel Inc and etc...

do you mean the US should lower minimum wage. because i guess the government doesn't have much to with the wages above that.

do you mean the US should lower minimum wage. because i guess the government doesn't have much to with the wages above that.

I was talking about the minimum wages before, but if the US government is serious about bringing back manufacturing jobs and being competitive, then they can definitely tell those labor unions to shove it up their a**s, and put a wage ceiling there too. Why Americans have to be paid $100 for a job that others in developing countries only are paid $10 for?

I was talking about the minimum wages before, but if the US government is serious about bringing back manufacturing jobs and being competitive, then they can definitely tell those labor unions to shove it up their a**s, and put a wage ceiling there too. Why Americans have to be paid $100 for a job that others in developing countries only are paid $10 for?

yep, we're going to run into the 19th century issue of poor wages for factory workers again if all controls were loosened.

just a fact of life with capitalism. if labour is too abundant, it gets paid like ****.

I think the minimum wages are not that bad.
US Paywizard.org - US Minimum Wage - Federal Minimum Wage and Minimum Wage per State or City
But like you mentioned, its the labor unions responsible for driving up the wages in US in a unreasonable level, here is a crazy example;
95CFB030977DAD5D332E566EC7B976F6.gif

whats the status of labour unions in china?

Its been improving, even strikes are allowed as long as its non-violence. Takes time i guess.

Is the Right to Strike Coming to China?
Talks in Guangdong province could radically overhaul labor laws—including legalizing strikes By Dexter Roberts BW Magazine

The name gives no hint of the revolutionary changes afoot for mainland workers. Yet the proposed Regulations on the Democratic Management of Enterprises, now being debated by the Guangdong Provincial People's Congress, could give Chinese labor the ultimate—and until now taboo—bargaining tool: an officially sanctioned right to strike. "This has been a no-go area in China for decades," says Robin Munro, deputy director at the Hong Kong-based China Labour Bulletin. All Chinese workers belong to one union, but it wields little power. "This is the first time ever Chinese authorities have said it is O.K. to strike."

The draft law could take effect by this fall in Guangdong, the industrialized coastal province where Honda (HMC) workers in June illegally and successfully struck for higher wages. The proposed law is seen by many activists and researchers as a trial balloon before a possible national rollout. The rules: If one-fifth or more of a company's staff demands collective bargaining, then management must discuss workers' grievances. Before talks begin, the union must elect local worker representatives. Until now, union reps came from management ranks.

The next section of the proposed law ventures into even more radical territory. For six decades, picketing and disrupting production have been illegal and subject to harsh punishment. Under the Guangdong proposal, as long as workers first try negotiating and refrain from violence, they're allowed to strike.

Though the draft could still get watered down, the fact that officials are even considering legalizing strikes signals a sea change. The party's moves are an attempt to recognize—and regulate—what is already happening. "Every month there are hundreds of strikes," says Chang Kai, a labor relations professor at Renmin University of China who advised the Honda workers. "What the government is concerned about is whether it can control these strikes or not." Formalizing workers' rights could also advance China's goal of rebalancing the economy. "There is a new emphasis on how to reduce the wage gap and get consumers to spend more," says Chang-Hee Lee, an industrial relations expert at the International Labour Organization's Beijing office. "This is not very easy to accomplish unless workers have more bargaining power."

The bottom line: A proposed law being debated in Guangdong could greatly strengthen the bargaining power of Chinese workers.

Roberts is Bloomberg Businessweek's Asia News Editor and China bureau chief.
Is the Right to Strike Coming to China? - BusinessWeek

yep, we're going to run into the 19th century issue of poor wages for factory workers again if all controls were loosened.

just a fact of life with capitalism. if labour is too abundant, it gets paid like ****.

True, but then they should not be whining when those profit ripping MNC outsource their jobs to somewhere that labor is cheap. It is also a fact of life with capitalism.

True, but then they should not be whining when those profit ripping MNC outsource their jobs to somewhere that labor is cheap. It is also a fact of life with capitalism.

i guess their only whine is with the currency manipulation charge, isn't it. if they're going to lose jobs because of labour laws, thats one thing, but they're going to lose jobs due to currency manipulation, thats another.

i don't know enough to have a position on the currency manipulation charge btw.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom