ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

China unveils 620 km per hour bullet train, could be running in 2025

Robert Besser
24th August 2022, 13:06 GMT+10
B14A00_P_01_02.jpg

BEIJING, China: China has unveiled a prototype for a new high-speed Maglev train, capable of
reaching speeds of 620 kilometers (385 miles) per hour, that could be operating in 3-10 years.

The train will run on high-temperature superconducting power that makes it look as if the train is
floating along magnetized tracks.

The sleek 21-meter-long prototype was unveiled to media in the city of Chengdu, Sichuan Province, earlier this year.

Professor He Chuan, vice president of Southwest Jiaotong University, which worked on the
prototype, told reporters, "Sichuan has rich rare earth resources, which is very beneficial to
our construction of permanent magnet tracks."

China is home to the world's largest high-speed rail network, which stretches over 37,000
kilometers, and the fastest commercially operating train -- the Shanghai maglev.

China has been eager to make further infrastructure improvements ahead of the 2022
Winter Olympics, which will be held in Beijing.

Last edited:
620 KM per hour speed is just insane as long as its on land surface..... why why we need to rush so fast in the era of passenger jets??? imagine the horror of accident at this speed???

Why?? What is the need of this speed on land surface??? a pure show off????

620 KM per hour speed is just insane as long as its on land surface..... why why we need to rush so fast in the era of passenger jets??? imagine the horror of accident at this speed???

It is insane, but if it can be built within solid safety parameters, what's the issue? I'm sure people said the same about modern high speed rail; it's unsafe, too much could go wrong, very fatal in case of any failure or obstruction, etc.

I guess the faster it goes, the safer is will become, think about how slow airplanes were, but slow speed doesn't make them safter than modern jetliners.

Besides, it you hit something at current HSR speed, 350km/per hour, you'll die and if you hit something at 620km/per hour, you also will die, not big difference indeed.

It is insane, but if it can be built within solid safety parameters, what's the issue? I'm sure people said the same about modern high speed rail; it's unsafe, too much could go wrong, very fatal in case of any failure or obstruction, etc.

I agree but this speed technology on land surface may have some initial issues which may result in some disaster I pray it wont.... yes too many things may go wrong imagine even a minor earthquake at this speed or simple derailing..... and my point is we have economical passenger jets today..... I laugh on MODI govt. when they talk about bullet train which will connect Mumbai and Ahmedabad..... absolute rubbish when I can clock Ahmedabad in an hour in passenger jet that too sometimes at an unbelievable cheap tickets.... not to offend China but these guys these days are hell bend on show off...

I guess the faster it goes, the safer is will become, think about how slow airplanes were, but slow speed doesn't make them safter than modern jetliners.

Besides, it you hit something at current HSR speed, 350km/per hour, you'll die and if you hit something at 620km/per hour, you also will die, not big difference indeed.

My friend I agree with you my point is only on land surface this is purely insane..... Not required at all....

I don't know how they manage the safety issue every second around the clock, I would definitely poop my pants if I were in the driver's seats in any of these 3 trains..

Because train is literally the most efficient form of transport with the lowest carbon footprint, which China needs to hit its 2060 carbon neutral target.

1661356458656.png

Faster transportation with less emission is as practical as it gets, not to mention way better passenger comfort.

I agree but this speed technology on land surface may have some initial issues which may result in some disaster I pray it wont.... yes too many things may go wrong imagine even a minor earthquake at this speed or simple derailing..... and my point is we have economical passenger jets today..... I laugh on MODI govt. when they talk about bullet train which will connect Mumbai and Ahmedabad..... absolute rubbish when I can clock Ahmedabad in an hour in passenger jet that too sometimes at an unbelievable cheap tickets.... not to offend China but these guys these days are hell bend on show off...

My friend I agree with you my point is only on land surface this is purely insane..... Not required at all....
Its not show off. You cannot compare convenience of bullet trains with aircraft - atleast in china. The bullet trains price dont change everyday - and they run at frequency of less than 30 mins.

Moreover they have stops.

Its not show off. You cannot compare convenience of bullet trains with aircraft - atleast in china. The bullet trains price dont change everyday - and they run at frequency of less than 30 mins.

The big advantage of having the option of a train versus airplane is you can bring development all along the railway line as you can have stops. You can use the train for daily commute.

Why China Is Insanely Well Designed​

Because train is literally the most efficient form of transport with the lowest carbon footprint, which China needs to hit its 2060 carbon neutral target.

View attachment 873218

Faster transportation with less emission is as practical as it gets, not to mention way better passenger comfort.

This is not the way of achieving Lowest carbon footprint target... Is it going to bring full stop to other means of transport?? Will it stop you from buying your own dream car?? So this can't be an explanation...

So??? 350 km per hour speed (which is already more than enough for land transport) won't offer you stops in between??? I guess 350 kms per hour train frequency is also equal to 30 minutes....

Justify me the speed of 620 km per hour train when you already have 350 km per hour running train along with passanger jets.....

So this is just a pure show off to world where we are..... I'm not jeloused please don't misunderstand but this speed is simply insane for land surface.....

Last edited:
The big advantage of having the option of a train versus airplane is you can bring development all along the railway line as you can have stops. You can use the train for daily commute.

Why China Is Insanely Well Designed​

Same answer... You already have 350 km per hour high speed train..... We are all living on Earth we don't need light speed to earn our daily bread....

Back
Top Bottom