What's new

China developed YJ18

First article stated a Anti Ship missile with 3.5 mach speed with multiple time range of Brahmos(which they called Ramos in several places),claiming they are powerful than both Russia and China in several places and about 52D destroyer..

and in 2nd link,there is no mention of missile

and I can't read Chinese,so,can't say whats in 3rd link(as i couldn't convert it)..

First article stated a Anti Ship missile with 3.5 mach speed with multiple time range of Brahmos(which they called Ramos in several places),claiming they are powerful than both Russia and China in several places and about 52D destroyer..

and in 2nd link,there is no mention of missile

and I can't read Chinese,so,can't say whats in 3rd link(as i couldn't convert it)..

We call it "不拉莫斯" = brahmos NOT ramos. That's the problem with your translation kit

There is no itemised parameters of the YJ-XX. It was from one of the links that 海军少将尹卓 Rear Admiral Yin Zhuo leaked out the weapon on a TV show last November.

when you don't know the specs how do you state it is better than Brahmos

Till few days back chinese were trashing Brahmos calling it useless and now celebrating and jumping up and down while claiming that they have got it.

Hippocrates

Wait we can see another Copy of US or Russian and Indian Product..... :woot::azn::azn:

How can he open a thread without source and specific details or any photo ????:help::help:

This shows how much frustrated they are with brahmos...:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Brahmos is just a Yakhont missile designed for India. So it's nothing special since its derived from an existing missile which China already have and studied it for many years. Brahmos is outdated technology . The YJ-12 is superior to Brahmos. YJ-12 was in service with the PLA for many years now. YJ-18 is more advanced than YJ-12 as it has excellent stealth capabilities that will make it extremely difficult to detect and it has supersonic speed too which makes it even more difficult to detect and intercept in time.

What is Type 055. I've heard this from some Chinese members here, but such ship does not exist, does it?

what do you mean by "exist"? if you or I can't see, does it mean it doesn't exist?

055 doesn't exist in public eyes yet, just like most Chinese new gen weapons.

e.g. J-20 only "existed" (officially filmed) on its day of debut when the military allowed the entire world to know, does that mean J-20 didn't exist prior to that day?

The programme of 055 exaited for very long time already. We expect to see 055 in public eyes somehwere this year.

Also, why develop YJ-18 if China already has YJ-12

IMO YJ-18 is more stealthy, with (much) longer distance, lighter(?), with >3M at the final stage, etc. all due to deployment of new gen technologies. In a sense why China develop J-10 or J-8 if already has J-7?

Actually, this is yet another proof that China's development is very systemic:

e.g. when have J-21 new plane, yuo'll see some new missles developed for it at the same time.

Likewise, 055 and this YJ-18 are the proof of each other. It's a highly logical process.

This's unlike some other country which is in complete chao, after a destroyer hull is in the water for years they suddenly realise that they don't have sub systems for that and have to import...hey Israel,HELP! Hurry up!... :rofl:

Will some MOD ban that spammer?

-------------------------------------------

More info on YJ-18

- Chief designer: Ms. Zhou Hongli

- Weight class: similar to Tomahawk or YJ-62

- twin-speed : 0.8M in the beginning, reaching 3M at the last 40km

- standard range: same as the twin-speed Russian Club: 220km. (rumoured to be significantly longer though)

- general characteristics are comparable to the high-end of Russian Club series, but with more advanced fly-control and navigation control systems, hence with higher accuracy ratio ideally to target at moving surface ships

- smaller than mono-speed YJ-12, with better shape and weight class to be suited for VLS tubes, while YJ-12 is considered for air-launched anti-ship tasks

- 052D, 055, and new generation Chinese subs will be the first to deploy YJ-18

- it is a general usage underwater-launched heavy class anti-ship missile that is to be developed into series: to be deployed soon in all major Chinese destroyers (including 052C), frigates and subs.

what do you mean by "exist"? if you or I can't see, does it mean it doesn't exist?

055 doesn't exist in public eyes yet, just like most Chinese new gen weapons.

e.g. J-20 only "existed" (officially filmed) on its day of debut when the military allowed the entire world to know, does that mean J-20 didn't exist prior to that day?

The programme of 055 exaited for very long time already. We expect to see 055 in public eyes somehwere this year.

IMO YJ-18 is more stealthy, with (much) longer distance, lighter(?), with >3M at the final stage, etc. all due to deployment of new gen technologies. In a sense why China develop J-10 or J-8 if already has J-7?

don't mind if i interrucpt..but Chinese posters claimed YJ-12 has speed around Mach 6(though yet to be confirmed) and range around 500 km.so,why bother to develop a modified Klub(apart from longer range about which I couldn't find any source)

^^ The Russian sales team of Brahmos must be genius in convincing you indians that speed is everything...

it is the same question as that "why the heck Mercedez benz, since they've already got Mercedez slr Mclaren v8 from 1 to 60 in 3.x sec, needs to develop dumb slow Mercedez S class, C class, slk, maybach, etc. at all?" :rofl:

why Porsche bothers to develope 911 carrera and convertables if they have already had the fastest 911 G2, huh? :rofl:

or another one "since you can run , why the hell you walk always?" :rofl:

do you have any clue whatsoever on what are called manuevability, or launching platform, or perhaps weight class, or perhaps unit cost, economy of scale, etc. etc. at all, apart from speed for Dikshit's sake?

The Russian sales team of Brahmos must be genius in convincing you indians that speed is everything...

it is the same question as that "why the heck Mercedez benz, since they've already got Mercedez slr Mclaren v8 from 1 top 60 in 3.x sec, need to develop dumb slow Mercedez S class, C class, slk, etc at all?" :rofl:

why Porsche bothers to develope 911 carrera and convertables if they have already had the fastest 911 G2, huh? :rofl:

or another one "since you can run , why the hell you walk always?" :rofl:

do you have any clue whatsoever on what are called manuevability, or launching platform, or perhaps weight class, or perhaps unit cost, economy of scale, etc. etc. at all, apart from speed for Dikshit's sake?

And you believe a Merc or Porche share the same strategic importance as a Missile? Anyways, get used to the term "Market Segment" and you will come to know how lame your observation was.

The Russian has the supersonic liquid fuel ramjet Yakhont and then they developed the multi-stage Solid-Fuel rocket/turbojet Klub for subsonic sea skimming cruise with supersonic terminal speed.

The Chinese look like taking the same path with YJ-12 for supersonic ramjet and YJ-18 for subsonic/supersonic terminal, I suspect for the same reason also.

don't mind if i interrucpt..but Chinese posters claimed YJ-12 has speed around Mach 6(though yet to be confirmed) and range around 500 km.so,why bother to develop a modified Klub(apart from longer range about which I couldn't find any source)

The specs of our weapons dont need to be confirmed from outside as long as our scientists, developers and military people and our customers (for export items) know about the parameters.

The speed of YJ-12 is disclosed in here!

And you believe a Merc or Porche share the same strategic importance as a Missile? Anyways, get used to the term "Market Segment" and you will come to know how lame your observation was.

@Speeder 2 is making a point to help you enlightened. It doesnt seem to work on you obviously!

YJ-18 carries specific capabilities that YJ-12 doest have as many of the posters above pointed out. It is a stage of technological progression.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom