What's new

China cozying up with Dalai

never met with him, but saw him once at one of his speeches. he was scratching his hands, arms and back non-stop during the speech, probably the worst speaker I've ever seen in my life. does he have any rash issues or personal hygiene problems?

Meet Lama or his successor once and your doubts will be washed away . has there ever been armed revolution in tibet against China ??

It can be the same with China, Mongolian, Manchus created China, not Chinese with Han in majority at all. Trieu Da created Nan Yue Guo, but Cantonese could not regain their independece for Nan Yue, it was shameful for them. But Vietnam has been regained independence from China at 936 AD. It's the difference. No evidence to approve that Thuc Phan is Chinese. Chinese have an altitude to lie. In ancient time, every one was famous, was he should be Chinese ? good joke. Lying is no good character of Chinese.

1973 USA army and 1979 PLA china went home. It's enough.

The difference is that Cantonese are descended from northern Chinese paternally. Many Vietnamese nationalists try to claim Cantonese are sinicized Yue, but the Cantonese are descended only maternally from the Yue. Their patrilineal line from their fathers is northern Chinese.

How Han are Taiwanese Han? Genetic Inference of Plains Indigenous Ancestry ... - Shu-Juo Chen - Google Books

Cantonese do not need independence from themselves because they are descended from northern Chinese settling in Guangdong and marry Yue women.

Let the Vietnamese talk whatever they want, I am a Min-Nam (Taiwanese) lect Chinese. As a Southern Chinese, I have soft spot for Vietnamese. Also many Chinese are not aware that an incredible lot of Vietnamese people has Chinese blood. I have just written an email to a Vietnamese lingusitc expert and asked how is he able to comprehen Chu Nom. He told me that he is Hainanese. While all vietnamese are illiterate about what their grandfathers are writing, this man due to his fluency in Chinese character become an expert in Vietnamese languages.

Also its good for Vietnam to remain independent from China. A independent Vietnam will be invigorated to take over SE Asia. That is not a bad idea. The historical Central to South Vietnam are Hindu land. Today they are under Sinitic civilizations. We got to thank Vietnam. Blood is thicker than water. Do you want a India just south of Guangzhou or do you want people who uses chopstick reigning that place?

And many Chinese do not know that due to the recent Island dispute, a lot of Vietnamese are angry. I contacted many of them online, and quite a number admit they are Chinese Vietnamese. We can assimilate into one another's culture without any problem.

In fact, both Chinese and Vietnamese can assimilate into one another most easily. Look at Chinese in Korea/Japan compared to Chinese in Vietnam, the assimilation is much easier in Vietnam. Being a people in a large country, Chinese should give some leeway to Vietnamese.

But this thread is Tibet, so lets try to focus about Tibet.

Above is Ho Chi Minh's caligraphy. Vietnamese understand 0%. I understand 100%. So do any Chinese still want to push over our brother as we are so similar?

You are Fujian ren in native, Min Yue chinese in Taiwan, no Han ethnic Chinese. This Fujian area was also the place for the kingdom of Minyue. The word "Mǐnyuè" was derived by combining "Mǐn" (閩/闽; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: bân), an ethnic name and associated with the Chinese word for barbarians (蠻/蛮; pinyin: mán; POJ: bân), and "Yuè",

Same with Cantonese, they are Nan Yue people.

In the past, vietnamese used Han Ji for writing, like Japanese do util now. It was big problem when we shouldn't record directly our native original language words with such Han Ji Characters. Vietnamese created Chu Nom to do that. The disadvantage of Chu Nom is that, we must learn Chinese first with Han Ji characters.

In fact, Vietnamese language belong to Austroasiatic language family.

Today we used Latin alphabet for writing, it's easy for writing and reading. Young people don't care so much about Han Ji and Chu Nom. We can access all history documents with translated version.

It can be the same with China, Mongolian, Manchus created China, not Chinese with Han in majority at all. Trieu Da created Nan Yue Guo, but Cantonese could not regain their independece for Nan Yue, it was shameful for them. But Vietnam has been regained independence from China at 936 AD. It's the difference. No evidence to approve that Thuc Phan is Chinese. Chinese have an altitude to lie. In ancient time, every one was famous, was he should be Chinese ? good joke. Lying is no good character of Chinese.

1973 USA army and 1979 PLA china went home. It's enough.

(classic, can't rebuttal, talk about Mongol/Manchu) No it cannot. In fact the Mongols and Manchu went out of their way to declare themselves to be legitimate successor rulers of China. Always dealt with other countries as China, never Mongolia or Manchuria. You know Mongol Yuan did not even last 1 century btw. See European treaties with Qing China for example. Also Mongol and Manchu is LONGGGG after the creation of Imperial China, which was the actual point.

He was a Shu Prince. Only Viets these days cannot even read their own historical records.

Had nothing to do with Viet military though. There was no battle where you pushed them out. You even ended up losing border territory to China.

In the end, even the name of Vietnam is Chinese created and approved. You tried to call yourself NamViet, the same old kingdom of Nanyue, but were not allowed by the Qing Emperor. End up with Vietnam instead. Another shining example of the super independent Vietnamese of the past.

You are Fujian ren in native, Min Yue chinese in Taiwan, no Han ethnic Chinese. This Fujian area was also the place for the kingdom of Minyue. The word "Mǐnyuè" was derived by combining "Mǐn" (閩/闽; Pe̍h-ōe-jī: bân), an ethnic name and associated with the Chinese word for barbarians (蠻/蛮; pinyin: mán; POJ: bân), and "Yuè",

In the past, vietnamese used Han Ji for writing, like Japanese do util now. It was big problem when we shouldn't record directly our native original language words with such Han Ji Characters. Vietnamese created Chu Nom to do that. The disadvantage of Chu Nom is that, we must learn Chinese first with Han Ji characters.

Today we used Latin alphabet for writing, it's easy for writing and reading. Young people don't care so much about Han Ji and Chu Nom. We can access all history documents with translated version.

What you have just said contain some truth. In fact, north of my ancestral village, I found the Chinese over there pretty different. I been China, Thailand many times and Vietnam once. I feel closest to Vietnamese, followed by Thai, then followed by Shanghai-nese.

Beijing-ese is just mongolian and manchu bastard. Since Shi Jing Tan sold 16 states of Yanyun to barbarians 石敬瑭卖燕云十六州, Beijing is scanly in the hand of Han Chinese. I feel Beijing people very different.

Many Northern Chinese does not know that many Vietnamese who are voicing grievance against China has a Hainaese, Hakka, Teowchew, Hokkien, Canton grandparents.

It is extremely easy for Southern Chinese to assimilate into Vietnamese and Thai society. Its not so easy to assimilate in Korean and Japanese society even they are sinitic.

Think both side should stop all the war of words.

@Lux de Veritas

Southern Chinese, including Fujian and Cantonese people are descended mostly from northern Chinese men who migrated south and married Bai yue women. Southern Chinese paternal Y chromosome DNA is from northern Chinese while maternal mitochondrial DNA is from Bai yue. Descent in China is traced through the paternal line.

How Han are Taiwanese Han? Genetic Inference of Plains Indigenous Ancestry ... - Shu-Juo Chen - Google Books

European Journal of Human Genetics - Abstract of article: A spatial analysis of genetic structure of human populations in China reveals distinct difference between maternal and paternal lineages

http://159.226.149.45/compgenegroup/paper/wenbo Han culture paper (2004).pdf

Genetic evidence supports demic diffusion of Han cult... [Nature. 2004] - PubMed - NCBI

Last edited by a moderator:
The difference is that Cantonese are descended from northern Chinese paternally. Many Vietnamese nationalists try to claim Cantonese are sinicized Yue, but the Cantonese are descended only maternally from the Yue. Their patrilineal line from their fathers is northern Chinese.

Cantonese do not need independence from themselves because they are descended from northern Chinese settling in Guangdong and marry Yue women.

True, the South Chinese are more diversified than the North Chinese.

Let's put Shanghai/Zhejiang/Jiangsu/Anhui as the Group A, Hubei/Hunan/Sichuan/Guizhou/Yunnan as the Group B, Guangdong/Guangxi/Fujian as the Group C, Jiangxi as the Group D.

Group A: They are genetically North Chinese, but only culturally South Chinese.

Group B: They are mixed between the parternal Han Chinese and the marternal minorities such as Miao/Tujia/etc.

Group C: They are mixed between the parternal Han Chinese and the marternal Yue.

Group D: They are the intermediate group between the Group A and the Group C.

True, the South Chinese are more diversified than the North Chinese.

Let's put Shanghai/Zhejiang/Jiangsu/Anhui as the Group A, Hubei/Hunan/Sichuan/Guizhou/Yunnan as the Group B, Guangdong/Guangxi/Fujian as the Group C, Jiangxi as the Group D.

Group A: They are genetically North Chinese, but only culturally South Chinese.

Group B: They are mixed between the parternal Han Chinese and the marternal minorities such Miao/Tujia/etc.

Group C: They are mixed between the parternal Han Chinese and the marternal Yue.

Group D: They are the intermediate group between the Group A and the Group C.

Although I do not done any research on Northern Chinese, but I believe a lot of them could be Mongols/Manchu/Tibetan and Turks mixed.

After Jin dynasty, Northern China is most of the time dominated by nomadic tribe. The Northern Dynasty start with 5 normads, 五胡乱华, to Northern wei 北魏, are all Nomads. Sui and Tang are siniszied nomads. Tang Dynasty could be Turkic.

And canonical Chinese history text Zizhi Tongjian (资治通鉴) shows that Emperor Taizong of Tang, Li Shimn 唐太宗李世民 speak Turkic. To simplify, the text below states, Emperor "Li Shimin asked his soldiers to stay behind and he went himself alone to speak to East Tu-Jue Illig Khan" "上麾诸军使却而布陈,独留与颉利语" .

上自出玄武门,与高士廉、房玄龄等六骑径诣渭水上,与颉利隔水而语,责以负约。突厥大惊,皆下马罗拜。俄而诸军继至,旌甲蔽野,颉利见执失思力不返,而上挺身轻出,军容甚盛,有惧色。上麾诸军使却而布陈,独留与颉利语。萧瑀以上轻敌,叩马固谏,上曰:“吾筹之已熟,非卿所知。突厥所以敢倾国而来,直抵郊甸者,以我国内有难,朕新即位。谓我不能抗御故也。我若示之以弱,闭门拒守,虏必放兵大掠,不可复制。故朕轻骑独出,示若轻之;又震曜军容,使之必战;出虏不意,使之失图。虏入我地既深,必有惧心,故与战则克,与和则固矣。制服突厥,在此一举,卿第观之!”是日,颉利来请和,诏许之。上即日还宫。乙酉,又幸城西,斩白马,与颉利盟于便桥之上。突厥引兵退。

His first crown prince Li Cheng Gan 李承乾 not only like to speak Turkic, but also like to dress as a Turk, stay in Turkic tent, and relish Turkic culinary.

又使户奴数十百人习音声,学胡人椎髻,剪彩为舞衣,寻橦跳剑,鼓鞞声通昼夜不绝。造大铜炉、六熟鼎,招亡奴盗取人牛马,亲视烹燖,召所幸厮养共食之。又好突厥言及所服,选貌类胡者,被以羊裘,辫发,五人建一落,张毡舍,造五狼头纛,分戟为阵, ,系幡旗,设穹庐自居,使诸部敛羊以烹,抽佩刀割肉相啗。

Also Shi Jingtang who sold 16 states of Yanyun to Liao 石敬瑭卖燕云十六州 is Turk. Liao could be Tunguistic or Mongolic.

If we check Northern Chinese blood, I am sure they got a lot of Turkic/manchu/mongol inside there. While southern Chinese are ancient Han Chinese dominant in patrilineal line, while Viet girl dominant in maternal line.

The vietnamese could have a lot of ancient han chinese gene influx also.

In all cases, northern and southern chinese are very different. It is not surprising that southern chinese feel close to vietnamese. Southern Chinese is much closer genetically to Vietnamese and Thai than Northern Chinese.

%E5%8C%97%E9%AD%8F%EF%BD%A5%E6%96%89.PNG

The Northern Wei dynastic and their elites ruled China for 600 years until Song. Sui and Tang are scions Wei elites. Even the Han Zhao Kuangyin 赵匡胤, 1st emperor of Song Dynasty started his career in as a soldier in the Turkic Northern Han 北汉.

Although I do not done any research on Northern Chinese, but I believe a lot of them could be Mongols/Manchu/Tibetan and Turks mixed.

After Jin dynasty, Northern China is most of the time dominated by nomadic tribe. The Northern Dynasty start with 5 normads, 五胡乱华, to Northern wei 北魏, are all Nomads. Sui and Tang are siniszied nomads. Tang Dynasty could be Turkic.

And canonical Chinese history text Zizhi Tongjian (资治通鉴) shows that Emperor Taizong of Tang, Li Shimn 唐太宗李世民 speak Turkic. To simplify, the text below states, Emperor "Li Shimin asked his soldiers to stay behind and he went himself alone to speak to East Tu-Jue Illig Khan" "上麾诸军使却而布陈,独留与颉利语" .

上自出玄武门,与高士廉、房玄龄等六骑径诣渭水上,与颉利隔水而语,责以负约。突厥大惊,皆下马罗拜。俄而诸军继至,旌甲蔽野,颉利见执失思力不返,而上挺身轻出,军容甚盛,有惧色。上麾诸军使却而布陈,独留与颉利语。萧瑀以上轻敌,叩马固谏,上曰:“吾筹之已熟,非卿所知。突厥所以敢倾国而来,直抵郊甸者,以我国内有难,朕新即位。谓我不能抗御故也。我若示之以弱,闭门拒守,虏必放兵大掠,不可复制。故朕轻骑独出,示若轻之;又震曜军容,使之必战;出虏不意,使之失图。虏入我地既深,必有惧心,故与战则克,与和则固矣。制服突厥,在此一举,卿第观之!”是日,颉利来请和,诏许之。上即日还宫。乙酉,又幸城西,斩白马,与颉利盟于便桥之上。突厥引兵退。

His first crown prince Li Cheng Gan 李承乾 not only like to speak Turkic, but also like to dress as a Turk, stay in Turkic tent, and relish Turkic culinary.

又使户奴数十百人习音声,学胡人椎髻,剪彩为舞衣,寻橦跳剑,鼓鞞声通昼夜不绝。造大铜炉、六熟鼎,招亡奴盗取人牛马,亲视烹燖,召所幸厮养共食之。又好突厥言及所服,选貌类胡者,被以羊裘,辫发,五人建一落,张毡舍,造五狼头纛,分戟为阵, ,系幡旗,设穹庐自居,使诸部敛羊以烹,抽佩刀割肉相啗。

Also Shi Jingtang who sold 16 states of Yanyun to Liao 石敬瑭卖燕云十六州 is Turk. Liao could be Tunguistic or Mongolic.

If we check Northern Chinese blood, I am sure they got a lot of Turkic/manchu/mongol inside there. While southern Chinese are ancient Han Chinese dominant in patrilineal line, while Viet girl dominant in maternal line.

The vietnamese could have a lot of ancient han chinese gene influx also.

In all cases, northern and southern chinese are very different. It is not surprising that southern chinese feel close to vietnamese. Southern Chinese is much closer genetically to Vietnamese and Thai than Northern Chinese.

The Tang Emperors claimed to be Han chinese in their paternal line. They claimed to be direct paternal descendants of Laozi, Li Guang and Li Gao of Li Gao of Western Liang.

The maternal line of the Tang Emperors was Xianbei through Li Yuan's (Gaozu Emperor) mother Duchess Dugu. Xianbei were a turkic or mongolic people. Li Chengqian (his name was not Li Chenggang) was also removed as crown prince. And he was exactly noted for those behaviors (being a Turkophile and obsessed with Turkic things) because it was not normal behavior for the Tang princes.

Northern Chinese have Y chromosome Haplogroup O chromosome like southern Chinese. Mongols mostly have haplogroup C. Northern Chinese also do not have Manchu Y chromosome DNA

Recent Spread of a Y-Chromosomal Lineage in Northern China and Mongolia

Manchu cluster chromosomes were present in seven populations: Xibe, Outer Mongolians, Inner Mongoli- ans, Ewenki, Oroqen, Manchu, and Hezhe (fig. 3). With
Figure 1
the exception of the Xibe, these populations are all lo- cated in northeastern China or Mongolia, and the Xibe migrated to their present location in western China from northeastern China in 1764 (Du and Yip 1993)

Notable features are the occurrence of the lineage in seven different popu- lations but its apparent absence from the most populous Chinese ethnic group, the Han.

I really doubt the ancestry claims of Tang emperors. From books we know that the Tang and Sui aristocrat are the military elites of six counties 北魏六镇。They have a lot of maternal genes input from Xianbei. Not only Dugu 独孤, but also 长孙. Their elites like 宇文, 拓跋 (元), are all Xianbei.

Since you pointed out their paternal genes are different from Mongols and Turks, I would need to do more research.

Capture.PNG

The most authoritative scholar on genetic distance is Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza of Stanford University. Cavalli-Sforza's The History and Geography of Human Genes (1994 with Paolo Menozzi and Alberto Piazza) is a standard reference on human genetic variation.

I wonder why he group S Chinese together with Malay, viet, hmong.....etc Is it because our mother side genes are too strongly Yue?

Northern Chinese is group with Japs, Korean, Mongols and Turks.

Most of the genetic tests showed that the North Chinese are predominantly Hans.

The only South Chinese group that is genetically identical to them are those from Shanghai/Jiangsu/Zhejiang/Anhui.

The rest of the South Chinese are predominantly Han Chinese in their father line, but with a lot of mixture of the minority groups in their mother line as well.

Since you pointed out their paternal genes are different from Mongols and Turks, I would need to do more research.

A Cantonese guy who looks like a Southeast Asian could very likely carry the Sinic O3a haplogroup, since our outer appearance is decided by our mother line.

I really doubt the ancestry claims of Tang emperors. From books we know that the Tang and Sui aristocrat are the military elites of six counties 北魏六镇。They have a lot of maternal genes input from Xianbei. Not only Dugu 独孤, but also 长孙. Their elites like 宇文, 拓跋 (元), are all Xianbei.

Capture.PNG

The most authoritative scholar on genetic distance is Luigi Luca Cavalli-Sforza of Stanford University. Cavalli-Sforza's The History and Geography of Human Genes (1994 with Paolo Menozzi and Alberto Piazza) is a standard reference on human genetic variation.

I wonder why he group S Chinese together with Malay, viet, hmong.....etc Is it because our mother side genes are too strongly Yue?

Northern Chinese is group with Japs, Korean, Mongols and Turks.

I think Cavalli Sforza is not dealing with Y chromosome DNA. He probably tested autosomal DNA (the entire DNA in a persons genome). In Chinese culture, descent is traced through the father.

If a couple of northern Chinese men moved to southern China and their descendants keep marrying Yue women, eventually their entire autosomal DNA will became like Yue, only their y chromosome will remain Han like northern Chinese.

The genetic studies I showed you said that northern and southern Chinese have the same Y chromosome DNA and diffent mitochondrial DNA. The paternal lineage is the same and the maternal lineage is different.

This is the family tree of the Tang Emperors starting from Laozi and ending with the first Tang Emperor.

李耳,老子
李宗,楚國苦縣人,字尊祖,魏國木大夫.
李同,趙國大將軍.
李兌,趙國丞相.
李躋,趙國陽安君.
李恪,字道弘,秦國太子太傅.
李興族,字育神,一名汪,秦國將軍.
李曇,字貴遠,趙國柏人縣侯,入秦國為御史大夫.
李崇,字伯,隴西郡太守,南鄭公.(注:隴西李氏房系始于此)
李平瑤,字內德,南郡太守,狄道侯.
李信,字有成,大將軍,隴西侯.
李超,一名伉,字仁高,漢大將軍,漁陽郡太守.
李仲翔,河東郡太守,征西將軍.
李伯考,隴西,河東二郡太守.
李尚,成紀縣令.
李廣,前將軍.
李敢,字幼卿,郎中令,關內侯.
李禹,字子通.
李丞公,字丞公,河南郡太守.
李先,字敬宗,蜀,北平二郡太守.
李長宗,字伯禮,漁陽郡丞.
李君況,字叔,一字子期,博士,議郎,太中大夫.
李本,字上明,郎中,侍御史.
李次公,字仲君,巴郡太守,西夷校尉.
李軌,字文逸,三國魏臨淮郡太守,司農卿.
李隆,字彥緒,長安令,積弩將軍.
李艾,字世績,西晉驍騎將軍,魏郡太守.
李雍,字俊熙,濟北,東莞二郡太守.
李弇,字季子,前涼張駿天水郡太守,武衛將軍,安西亭侯.
李昶,字仲堅,前涼太子侍講.
李暠,字玄盛,西涼武昭王,興聖皇帝.
李歆,字士業,西涼後主.
李重耳,字景順,以國亡奔宋,為汝南郡太守.北魏克豫州,以地歸之,拜恒農郡太守,複為宋將薛安都所陷,北魏安南將軍,豫州刺史.
李熙,字孟良,北魏金門鎮將.(唐獻祖)
李天賜,字德真.(唐懿祖)
李虎,字文彬,北周柱國大將軍,唐國襄公.(唐太祖)
李昺,北周安州總管,柱國大將軍,唐國仁公.(唐代祖)
李淵,生於長安,唐高祖

The northwest aristocracy was indeed mixed with nomadic peoples like the Xianbei and others. But the Tang and Sui Emperors were adamant that their paternal lineage is from Han Chinese. The Tang emperors gave titles to Laozi as their ancestor.

The Encyclopedia of Taoism: 2-volume set - Google Books

Finding Wisdom in East Asian Classics - Google Books

Opusculum de Sectis Apud Sinenses Et Tunkinenses - Adriano (di St. Thecla) - Google Books

China: A Global Studies Handbook - Robert André LaFleur - Google Books

Historical Dictionary Of Medieval China - Victor Cunrui Xiong - Google Books

The Origins of Political Order: From Prehuman Times to the French Revolution - Francis Fukuyama - Google Books

The Kaghan of the Yenisei Kirghiz claimed to be descended from the Han dynasty Chinese General Li Ling. LinLing defected to the Xiongnu and married the Xiongnu Chanyu's daughter. He was sent by the Chanyu to govern the place where the ancestors of the Yenisei Kirghiz lived. Li Ling was a grandson of Li Guang. The Tang Emperors were also descended from Li Guang through another grandson.

The Kirghiz Kaghans mentioned this relation with the Tang dynasty and then they became allies. They helped the Tang destroy the Uyghur Khaganate (who are not related to the modern Uyghurs).

The above Li lineage could be true, but I generally regards emperor's self-proclaimed ancestry as BS. Chiang Kai Shek 蒋介石 say he is descendant of Zhou Gong 周公. The Japan imperial family say they are offspring of Sun God.

Nevertheless, I think the Li paternal lineage could be Han or nomads. But their maternal line, is conclusively Xianbei.

I start to find credible record on the family starting from Li Hu 李虎 .

You must be good in Chinese character. I go and look up 閩 and 蠻, and indeed, records indicate that we are called barbarians by ancient Han. And it could be that 閩 = 蠻. Thanks for your help. I am still not aware of that until just now.

Many Southern Chinese did not went Vietnam and are not aware of our historical connections. And many vietnamese did not know how deeply they are related S Chinese.

If these people are aware, policy makers would be it difficult to make us fight.

Once S Chinese set foot in Vietnam like I did, they will realize that they are seeing their own tribe everywhere. I cannot say that when I go to Shanghai and Beijing. I think S Chinese and Vietnam should communicate with one another more.

By the way, are you a Chinese Vietnamese? The only people in Vietnam who understand Chinese characters and Chu Nom is mostly the Chinese Vietnamese. They are from Hainan, Guangdong, Guangxi or Fujian.

If I happen to born in Vietnam as a Chinese Vietnamese, I would be on Vietnam side. The China Chinese simply cannot see that many anti China commenters are Chinese Vietnamese.

That is why I always call for cease fire. Its really stupid for Vietnam and China to fight.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom